This is topic Covid Vaccine in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

Posted by MissVictoria (Member # 45232) on :
Hey everyone,

I’ve had Chronic Lyme and Bartonella since I was little (but am doing much better now) and I asked my LLMD if she recommends that I get the Covid vaccine and she said she doesn’t recommend that I get it right now because I’m immunocompromised. I just became a doula and the thought of going into hospitals un-vaccinated makes me very nervous. What do you think I should do?
Posted by daisys (Member # 11802) on :
My LLMD told me that if I am going to get vaccinated, to go for the J & J vaccine. But she's not enthused about me getting a vaccine.

Two other doctors, one quoted on this site and the other an LLMD I used to go to, have both encouraged getting a vaccine, but emphasized it must be your own decision.

My old LLMD says there's a difference between being immunocompromised and having an autoimmune disease. He said most Lyme disease patients don't have blood markers for an autoimmune disease.

Even at that, he says weigh the risks of getting sicker from the vaccine with the possibility of dying from Covid-19.

You are the one who has to decide. I see that it's quite controversial either way.
Posted by Bitten in Bergen (Member # 34067) on :
Agree - it's been incredibly frustrating that it's so early in the process to see how it affects those in the Lyme community. I've been checking on webinars like The Truth About Lyme and also the Global Lyme Alliance Covid vaccine & Lyme which both featured prominent LLMDs, some integrative, some allopathic.

In each case, they danced around making any outright statement about what they thought and that it was a personal decision, although one of the allopathic doctors felt that it was safe without providing any justification.

I even checked the site and the other day only around 700 people had logged their Covid vaccine, and only around 200 had gotten their second dose. No reports yet regarding how or if it is affecting their existing chronic Lyme.

Like what daisys says, it is tricky as to whether "just" the Lyme qualifies us as in the category of immune compromised and eligible for vaccination now as opposed to our being lumped with the rest of the general ("healthy" population - ha ha - funny, not funny).

So, even though it may mean more months of exile, it might buy some time to obtain some solid info on how Lyme patients are tolerating the vaccine, of those who choose to be immunized.

Very frustrating.
Posted by Lymetoo (Member # 743) on :
I would suggest waiting at least one more month.
Posted by MissVictoria (Member # 45232) on :
Thank you
Posted by aklnwlf (Member # 5960) on :
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that as someone that has mast cell issues with anaphylaxis I had an incremental Moderna vaccine for Covid yesterday at my allergist's office. It was given in 3 shots of 10%, 30% and 60%. Outside of a very sore arm the first day I was fine today and worked out in the yard.

I get my second full dose vaccine on April 19th.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
Posted by Beverly (Member # 1271) on :
I would not get the vaccine, it's experimental and not really a vaccine at all. It more like gene therapy.
Many folks are having severe reactions and dying. I say do your own research, read up on the reactions folks are having, I would look on youtube, or rumble.

There are doctors talking about how dangerous it is, way more dangerous that Covid-19 is.
However, it's everyone's personal decision, good luck with whatever you choose.
Posted by overlyme (Member # 43455) on :
there are reports of sickness and adverse

reactions to the vaccine so be careful.. some

of the reactions have been severe, but rare..

especially lyme patients..
Posted by severalbites (Member # 52106) on :
I was treated with 1 year and a half for Lyme and bartonella.did 8 months babesia and fl1953.than 5 years in remision. still disable.

I did the second shot yesterday.i am husband too with Lyme and was fine.

my son as well.we treated Lyme with bionic 10 years ago in germany.all of us.
Posted by severalbites (Member # 52106) on :
I beilive if you have active infections and your imunitet is low as mine was 10 years ago I will be scared for the shot.

But if you are in remission than you are gonna be ok.i am in cowden protocol and is working.

[ 04-19-2021, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: severalbites ]
Posted by severalbites (Member # 52106) on :
I did the second shot and I was fine
Posted by ukcarry (Member # 18147) on :
I am more concerned about whether or not people encounter difficulties over time post vaccine. We would learn more if people with Lyme who have been vaccinated go on to get Covid sometime later, as it would be helpful to know how it affects them.
Posted by hiker53 (Member # 6046) on :
I think it would be helpful to know how people who are unvaccinated and have Lyme deal with Covid.

Has anyone on this website with Lyme disease had Covid prior to a vaccine?

I am much more concerned about the long-term effects of Covid than I am about the long-term effects of the vaccine.
Posted by Bartenderbonnie (Member # 49177) on :
Here is the long awaited preliminary research conducted on COVID-19 long haulers conducted at the VA.

It does not address Lyme patients.
It is the effects of COVID-19 in the general population.
Hopefully we will get our research.
Sorry I didn’t synopsis the article.
Posted by hiker53 (Member # 6046) on :
I did not want to get covid and be a long hauler.

I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. Sore arm and headache after 2nd dose but lasted less than 24 hours.

I feel relief now. Am happy to keep myself safer as well as friends, family and community.
Posted by aklnwlf (Member # 5960) on :
Had my second Moderna a few weeks ago and outside of a really bad headache the next day I'm doing just fine. No discernable ill effects even though this is my first vaccine outside of the ones given in childhood.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3