This is topic Lyme literate urologist in CT/NY in forum Seeking a Doctor at LymeNet Flash.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

Posted by jvs (Member # 10353) on :
As a result of Chronic Lyme disease I have developed peripheral neuropathy and a neurogenic bladder.

I have had 2 conflicting opinions from 2 different urologists. I am looking for one who is familiar with Lyme disease.

Please send me a private email.
Posted by bettyg (Member # 6147) on :
i've not aware of any on our lists; so try this ok!

Please go to SUPPORT GROUPS, left-hand side column by state.
CALL the nearest group leader for advise.
Do NOT email; many are too sick to reply; thanks!

People seeking doctors in certain states might be able to
get help from their state online information and support group. Over 1200
people belong to these state groups. Many of the groups are small
but quite a few have 20 or more people on them.

To find your state group, go to

Type your state name and lyme as one word, e.g. newyorklyme

For SC, SD, ND and WY, put a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. northdakota-lyme

The groups are moderated so you have to apply, and we don't
allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.
Posted by mbroderick (Member # 5220) on :
Another option is to try the Lyme Disease Assoc website. It allows you to search for Lyme Literate MD's by specialty.

Lyme Disease Association Doctor Referral page:

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3