LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Immunosciences Lyme Test -- Results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Immunosciences Lyme Test -- Results
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby's test results. Unless someone knows more than I do about this test, I just think we wasted our money having the test done. Do the results mean anything to anyone? This is the first Lyme testing hubby has done in about 3 years.

Immunoserology of Lyme Disease -- Panel A

*** Normal reference range for all results is 0 - 2.0

IgG Unrelated Spirochete 1.4
IgM Unrelated Spirochete 1.0
IgG B. Burgdorferi Lysate 1.5
IgM B. Burgdorferi Lysate 1.1
IgG Outer Surface Protein - A 1.8
IgM Outer Surface Protein - A 1.2
IgG Outer Surface Protein - E 2.1 ***
IgM Outer Surface Protein - E 1.1
IgG LFA Antigen 1.9
IgM LFA Antigen 1.0
IgG Immunodominant Protein 1.8
IgM Immunodominant Protein 1.0
IgG Variable Major Antigen 1.5
IgM Variable Major Protein 1.2
IgG Borrelia Sensu Strictu 1.8
IgM Borrelia Sensu Strictu 1.0
IgG B. Garinii Decorin BP 1.5
IgM B. Garinii Decorin BP 1.4
IgG B. Afzelii Decorin BP 1.0
IgM B. Afzelii Decorin BP 1.6
IgG Babesia Peptide 1.8
IgM Babesia Peptide 1.9
IgG Ehrlichia Peptide 2.0
IgM Ehrlichia Peptide 1.0
IgG Bartonella Peptide 1.0
IgM Bartonella Peptide 1.0

All those 1.8's and 1.9's and even the 2.0 are sooooo frustrating. Reminds me way too much of hubby's 1st spinal tap -- CSF Index (don't think this test is done anymore) was .93.

A 1.0 would have been a positive result for Lyme. It was at least 6 months later before we got the 1st positive Lyme test.

Does anyone think this test means hubby has Ehrlichia in addition to Lyme (previous positive PCR), Babesia (previous positive slide) and Bartonella (clinical diagnosis)?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard doctors suggest that that Immunosciences panel is often more negative than others. I would look at the 1.5s and then try to find other evidence such as symptoms, etc. and go from there. The immediate ones I would look at are Borrelia, Ehrlichia, and Babesia based on the results provided. Be well

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Scott.

Had never even considered that hubby might have ehrlichia before -- not exactly the answer I was looking for.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I had something done from them on my complete body labs, but checked...NOTHING; sorry but bringing this back up to the top for other replies. Bettyg
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I suggest you contact Aristo Vojdani,PhD who is the brain/immunologist in that lab, and have him explain the results to you. (Or possibly the doctor who recommended Immunosciences to you.) I met the fellow lecturing at a couple of Dr. K. seminars, but could not fully explain the testing method/results at this point. He talked for hours and left me (and a few others) way behind!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I was out of town for a few days so I don't know if you posted about this. I was wondering how your telephone consult went with the NJ Gastro. doctor? Was he able to shed some light on anything? You can pm me if you want. Thanks

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it looks like they test for a lot more pieces of things, but the results are just as mystifying as in other tests.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

PCP who ordered the test wasn't concerned -- he basically reviewed test as reported -- anything 2.0 or lower he considered negative.

Finally had appointment with LLMD -- phone consult. He is in agreement with Scott. Feels test is too conservative. Based on results he says hubby still has Babesia and he also has Ehrlichia as well as Lyme.

Hubby was previously treated with 2 - 3 months of doxy about 3 years ago -- obviously didn't work if the Ehrlichia is real. Have been somewhat concerned about borderline low WBC for about a year. No other obvious Ehrlichia symptoms.

LLMD wants to treat with Tetracycline. Will have to wait at least a month until endoscopy has been done.

Bea Seibert

Hubby's LLMD -- Dr C in Missouri -- is working with Immunosciences Lab to help improve this test.

LLMD also said that Ehrlichia is found in more patients than Lyme in Missouri.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know ehrlichia cases are high here. Several have died from it. Some were young people!

I think ehrlichia CAN become chronic. So maybe the tetracycline will help! Maybe that's the ticket to better health for your hubby!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement