LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone herxed off Plaquenil or Diflucan?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone herxed off Plaquenil or Diflucan?
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I'm on Nystatin 4x day, Plaquenil 2 x day, and Difulcan every time once a day.

Haven't been able to get back on ABX yet b/c my stomach is too messed up from what we *think* is yeast.

I don't know whats going on, don't know if its a herx when I get nauseous now--all I eat is vegtables, hummus, plain yogurt, and tuna. I would think this candida would die off soon. Just wondering if the nausea could be a herx from the drugs listed above, or candida dying... or candida... have also heard that its a symptom of epstein barr which I can't seem to shake altogether.

Not to be a downer, but even though I don't even feel as sick as i've ever been and am able to work every day all day long, sometimes i feel so rotten and down in the dumps. Like I'm only 28 and living out my last days because I feel so run down and tired and just always something un-well. I don't know what to do or who to communicate this to. NO one wants to hear it. I just feel like I'm trapped in my own body and although like I said, I'm better than when this journey started, like I'm living out my last days. Candida is worse than lyme if that is what this is.

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can herx from Plaquenil. i find it to be pretty useless as a Lyme/Babesia drug, but technically it's an anti-malarial.

I believe yeast can make you nauseated/dizzy.

I'm sure someone here will come by and warn you to slow down on the tuna or you'll get mercury poisoning too. I'm sure the source matters, but much canned tuna according to Keebler is contaminated a lot.

If you're able to work all day every day, you're a step ahead of me and many. Don't forget that. I can't even drive 15 miles w/o major issues! At least you're not trapped in your own body in your own house/apartment. [Frown]

I feel your pain with the frustrating. I'm about at my wits end with this crap.

Have you taken Grapefruit Seed Extract? Olive Leaf Extract? Oil of Oregano? Caprylic Acid? All yeast killers.

Good luck Clint31.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to the store this weekend to get Garlic and Grapefruit Seed Extract. I have taken Olive Leaf Extract in the past--the yeast didn't seem out of control then.

The tuna is organic; only eat 1 can a day.

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, plaquenil can definitely make you herx and also has some tough side effects when initially starting it.....nausea can be one of those....

I'm starting my 4th week on plaquenil and many of the initial standard side effects have calmed down (headaches; stomach upset; intense anxiety)....Now it seems I'm mainly just herxing (increasing in aching, especially in my legs)....

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not take plaquenil due to stomach pain. Don't think I took enough of it to get to nausea but that probably would have been next.

Also.. I've always found that eating yogurt was counterproductive because of the SUGAR in it. Just go with high quality probiotics and be done with the yogurt.

Yeast can cause every symptom in the book.

and yes... "Candida is worse than lyme if that is what this is.

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-albicans-symptoms.html

PS.. nearly everyone herxes on Diflucan. You can also herx on Nystatin. KEEP GOING! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement