LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Samento must be working it's causing some pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samento must be working it's causing some pain
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am guessing that the Samento I've bumped up from twice a day to now three times a day is working.

I started the new protocol mentioned on here a few days ago and have omitted my Banderol and am doing the Samento for thirty days then the Banderol.

I'm on day three of the three times a day of Samento (up to 9 drops each time) and I am hurting more than usual.

The backs of my upper arms feel bruised.

My upper abdominal muscles are very sore.

My upper neck and lower jaw are sore as well.

My knees are even starting to ache.

So, I guess this dosage is doing something.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is taking samento now, and she is experiencing severe muscle pain and headaches.. I feel for her starting at 8 drops was too high and suggested she stop for a day and re-start at a lower dose.

The Herxheimer reaction may include headache, muscle pain, nausea, diarrhea, or flu-like symptoms. It is thought to be due to toxins released from the mass death of microbes killed through treatment, as well as to the immune system�s inflammatory overreaction to the germ toxins.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had originally started the Samento and Banderol and had been on it for three weeks and had only gotten myself worked up to 6 drops.

Maybe I took it slowly.

So I just picked up from there and did 7, 8 and 9.

Tomorrow I'll try the 10.

I can function, just a bit uncomfortable.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is best to take it slow. I hope you read the new changes to the cowden protocol:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/26879

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Yesterday I felt awful.

I felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat and was extremely tired all day.

My neck was stiff and every bone/mucscle in my body ached.

I had two medical appts. and was only able to take the evening dose of Samento-9 drops.

Today I feel 100% better.

I plan on resume all three doses at 9 drops each and see what tomorrow brings.

Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused I've been taking samento for a few months 15 drops once a day I worked up to this, and I havent noticed anything is this because you are suppose to take it several times a day?

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted on this a lot lately--I relapsed on that+banderol, and a scientist found that in his study, samento promoted bb growth in a test tube.

for more details you can see my recent posts...I've been talking about this a lot lately.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Onbam, I've tried to find those studies.. and heard that they were never published. There really is nothing I can find on the internet relating to those.

Buhner says in vitro studies are not reliable and, although he prefers whole herb cats claw, still feels it's a front line of defense with Lyme disease.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There tends to be some friction with regard to what Europe researches and what the US researches.

I know that on LymeNet Europe they were calling the Townsend Letter the "bottom of the barrel."

I don't know. I've just started Cowden's protocol. I plan to run it with abx.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Geet3721-I had been taking the Samento once a day for about a month and a half.

I had only worked up to about 7 drops max.

I read a recent post on this board about a new protocol for the Samento and Banderol.

The link is below-scroll further down in the article for the new dosages.

http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/miscellaneous/herbal%20tx%20in%20ld.htm

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's the well-known Cowden protocol, which has changed somewhat recently.

Since Sapi did use the Nutramedix herbs for her study, you do have to worry slightly about conflict of interest. However, I choose to trust her because she had been sick with lyme herself.

I figure when used in conjunction with standard abx the herbs are worth a shot at least.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

I had posted the new protocol for samento and banderol, however, I found another post recently that amends the original dosing requirements.

Dr. Cowden has made some changes to the Condensed Cowden Support Program (Effective Monday, February 14th, 2011):

Samento will be used throughout the entire 6 months rather than intermittently.
Continuing the Samento will help maintain a healthy immune system throughout the entire program.

Houttuynia (HH) [pronounced: who-toon-ya] will replace the Quina.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

So overwhelming as to what is the right combo.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement