LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can we use Nasonex/Flonase nasal sprays

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can we use Nasonex/Flonase nasal sprays
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a Pulmunory dr. today for airhunger and wheezing.

He has concluded that my problem lies in my nose/sinuses.

He has prescribed two nasal sprays and I told him I could not take steroids.

He said they are not absorbed into the blood stream and should be perfectly fine to take.

Any input? My mom was wondering if a nettie pot would work instead.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the neti pot, it works for me. I haven't even needed the Nasonex...I have heard the same about the Nasonex not getting into your blood stream My LLMD also put me on Advair for the air hunger, it helps.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neti pot and Xlear work great for me. I also take a homeopathic remedy that helps too. Stay away from steroid spray if you can.

http://www.amazon.com/NeilMed-NasaFlo-Unbreakable-Premixed-Packets/dp/accessories/B000ITHH86

http://www.amazon.com/Xlear-Nasal-Wash-1-50-Ounces/dp/B000QYNWS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298597112&sr=8-1

http://www.iherb.com/a-vogel-sinus-relief-120-tablets/5125?at=0

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE NASONEX. I swear every upper respiratory infection I've gotten in the past eight years was within TWO DAYS of starting Nasonex. It does work for inflammation, but with consequences! There is a reason they say on the commercials that "side effects" are viral infections, and that Nasonex may increase your chances of infection. It DOES matter.

I use Astelin for any allergy-related problems. I can't comment on the Flonase but I would NOT take an inhaled corticosteroid unless it was absolutely essential.

little olive

--------------------
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, 2002 | Viral onset, following Hep B vaccine
Lyme since '06 | Bartonella since '08 (cured) | Mycoplasma pneumoniae since '08
IGeneX: IgM 31IND 34IND 41+ | IgG 39IND 58+ 41+++
IgG deficiencies and MTHFR 677TT mutations

Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. I am not a fan of taking any pill/medication unless absolutely necessary.

I will try your suggestions first.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago I was pretty much left with no choice. I took Flonase. Caused a lot of facial tingling.

Has anyone thought your issues could in fact be fungal?

I was under the care of an ENT and Allergist, and never once did they consider my sinus issues were fungal. Which, btw, cleared up completely after a couple months of Diflucan.

Definitely get some Xlear - it prevents bacteria and fungi from sticking in your sinuses.

If you've got major post nasal drip that's ending up in your chest, get a bottle of Grapefruit essential oil. Apply a drop on your finger and rub it behind your ears and continue down along your sinus cavities on the sides of your neck. The oil will dry up the discharge in your sinuses that drain downward.

If you can't find Grapefruit essential oil, you can get it here, at Young Living (not pitching, just providing source).
http://www.youngliving.com/essential-oils/Grapefruit

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement