LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A talk on CFS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A talk on CFS
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jose Montoya gave a talk on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at Stanford on 3-3-11. It is a very good talk and worth watching. I'm so glad he is working hard to figure out this puzzle. While he did not mention Lyme or other tick born pathogens in his talk, I know he looks for them in his patients.

Here's his talk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riybtt6SChU&feature=player_embedded

Here's his website with the info on tick borne pathogens: http://chronicfatigue.stanford.edu/infections/tick-borne.html

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Timaca,

Long time no see.

Thanks for sharing this. Will read the site and hope my server has enough power to watch the video (usually not but I do try).

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I question lyme, XMRV, and other tests because of the documention of fraud and corruption in the medical field. Even the FDA is involved with financial interests with drug companies. Find out who is doing the study and do they have any outside interests.
Who is funding the research?
The drug companies have billions of dollars at risk if the XMR virus is found to be the cause of CFS, chronic lyme disease,and some others.
They have the power and money to block any progress.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some companies pay for overseas researchers to do research that refutes other studies; This is only an effort to create years and years of additional research allowing them to sell their drugs or services.
I believe it's not only possible it's probable.

I think the Patent process should be eliminated
This would force all companies to work for a FREE enterprise system which we don't have now.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al~ If you watch Dr. Montoya's talk you will learn that the research he is doing is funded by private donations and that he has no financial or other ties to drug companies or laboratories. He is dedicated to find the correct answers to our problems. He is a kind, caring and very smart doctor.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tamaca,
I did watch his video.
He seams like a caring doctor.
Al

[ 03-16-2011, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Al ]

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timaca,
Thank you for posting this link. I watched it, and I could be the woman he first talks about. I've asked my busy husband to watch it, and he will, a bit at a time.

I think it's very informative, and hopeful, which we really need. I feel that if I got Lyme under control, I would still have CFS. Maybe I'll be surprised, but even my LLMD has told me I have viral issues.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks timaca!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

For more info you can look at this site: http://chronicfatigue.stanford.edu/

Best, Timaca

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement