LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BWF users- check in

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BWF users- check in
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all-

How is everyone doing on their BWFs? Improving?

I am currently on an abx break after 14 months of high dose, combo therapy. Been doing A-Bab and A-L since mid January.

Here at two months in, I am on 11 drops of each. If I increase too quickly, I herx/flare my symptoms quite badly. I stupidly thought two weeks ago that I could handle 15 drops of each (up from 12) and get to recommended dose, and it really flared my symptoms.

I have been struggling with more bad days since that time, so I don't know if its my body still trying to get back to a better place and I need to detox more, or I'm relapsing at this point and getting worse. I had several bad days last week and several bad days again this week. I've got a call into LLMD for next steps.

But, I am interested in how everyone else is doing on these formulas too- strong reactions? Feeling better? Not doing as well? Let me know!

Take care,
MB

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very interested to hear what others have to say about this. I took antibiotics for 6 weeks and then switched to the BWFs. I can't say I've noticed any huge improvements in my symptoms. But I do have a lot more energy.

Two months ago I was having trouble going up the stairs and I was able to run 2 miles yesterday. But as far as my neurological symptoms ( tingling/ burning, twitching, and facial pain) are concerned there has been no change.

Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on BW since Dec/10. No Abx.

I started with A-L and ramped up, then added in A-Bart with little to no issues.

I am currently doing 15 drops of both twice a day.
I had been taking 20 but scaled back to maintance dose.

I feel pretty good. I do just about anything physically. I walk/jog for a least 20-40 min a day.

My constipation and slow brain proccessing, memory issues continue to be an area which never improved. Some days are better than others. My arthritis in my neck and TMJ are still there after many years.

Overall I think it's kept me stable and maybe some energy. I feel 95% physically, 75% cognitively.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stillwater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillwater         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been on A-Bart and A-L for a few months. Made the mistake of going up way too quickly. Up to 15 drops BID within two weeks.

I felt horrible and had to take a break.

Currently on 3 drop of A-Bart QD and 2 drops of A-L QD. Still on an ABX combo.

I was told by my LLMD that they are finding BWF much more powerful than they originaly thought. They are starting really sick clients on 1/6 drop per day.

I was told to only go up 1/3 drop each week.

Overall though, something is working. Don't know which it is. Lot's more good than bad days. Had 18 days without symptoms, then a very mild flair.

Posts: 699 | From confusion | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still taking them, still feel it's helping, a bit more than the abx I am winding down on (starting to pulse as part of getting off them).

I'm on A-Bart and A-L for lyme and bart, twice a day. Every now and then I take A-Bab and/or Enula, which could be treating parasites and not specifically babesia (don't think I had/have babesia).

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking A-L complex(not on any antibiotics for now d/t trying to clean up candida). The drops do seem to be very powerful.. I increase by only one drop per week and so far I'm only up to 5 drops per day. I usually do notice a flare the day after I increase the dose. There have been times that I've had to back down to the prior dose for a few days before increasing again. I was quite surprised by how potent they are.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used only A-Bab. I started off with one drop twice a day. After the third day, I was extremely ill. I was told to stop it, take a break, and resume when things settled down.

I waited almost three weeks and started at 1/3 of a drop once a day. Yes, 1/3 of a drop! Again, within three days I was very sick.

This was several weeks ago. I feel it caused to me to go backward. I am not going to use it again. Babesiosis has always been my worse infection, but I was floored at how strong this formula is for me.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on A-Bart for over 2 months.. It helped stop the flares that I was having. After I stopped I was back to square one. I didn't feel it was making enough of a difference to warrant the cost of continuing.

My daughter used A-Bab and worked up to 30 drops twice a day at the very last couple of weeks. She did not notice a noticeable improvement. She never herxed and continued with A-Bart. Still no herx and no noticeable change.

Bar-1 seemed to help more than anything.

She is only dealing with a few symptoms of air hunger that we are looking into now. She already did the abx route for this with toxic results.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your input so far.

I hope these formulas will help us all.

I know they certainly flare me, and I have been quite surprised how strong they are. But I want them to get me over the hump and get better!!!

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking A-L, A-Bart, and A-Bab for awhile now. I'm on my second bottles. I have not noticed anything positive or negative with them. It's disappointing. I plan to stop once I'm finished with these bottles.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement