LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme disease....is actually listed on New Patient intake forms!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme disease....is actually listed on New Patient intake forms!
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you visit a new dr. we are all familiar with the initial patient info we MUST fill out! These forms are found everywhere, dr's office, ER, and even for out patient testing.

Over the past few month's I've been surprised to see "Lyme" listed along with:
Cancer
Kidney problems
Heart
High blood pressure
diabetes

By Lyme being on the list....does it mean that we're starting to turn a corner?? Why list or ask about Lyme disease when it's so dam "CURABLE" to begin with?? lol

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting!! That is good news!!!

Oh yeah, "hard to get and easy to cure"... sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every form I've filled out or every time I've had "tests" taken at any office, the paperwork always included Lyme Disease among about 25-30 diagnosis on the forms.

I find it ironic and stupid at the same time that "it's no big deal" but that this list HIV and a host of other debilitating or serious conditions.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I filled out a form for life insurance a few months ago. On the questionaire, it asks if you've ( the person being insured ) have ever been diagnosed with Lyme.

Obviously they think it's a risk or they wouldn't ask.

The thing that ticked ( no pun intended ) me off was that the question was lumped in with cancer and HIV.

"Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for cancer, HIV, or Lyme Disease? Yes or No "

Answering yes makes it appear you are saying yes to cancer and HIV , as well.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're doing it intentionally too. Can't **** up their bottom-line, right? Gotta deny as many claims as possible!

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
Every form I've filled out or every time I've had "tests" taken at any office, the paperwork always included Lyme Disease among about 25-30 diagnosis on the forms.

-
Wow.. I've never seen it anywhere. Of course Lyme is less prevalent here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was calling around for a new health un-insurance-guaranteed policy (sorry folks), I was told by several reps at Anthem BLue Cross and at Blue Shield, that they are seeing more and more lyme diagnoses.

I do think we are turning a corner.

I can remember when Candida was controversial and misunderstood, and when I as Candida patient back then was told "it's all in your head, come back to us when you become successful" one doc had the nerve to use that latter phrase.

I was environmentally ill at the time!

I recovered in full, and so did the Candida world. Docs are much more aware of it now. Same goes for gluten intolerance.

We will turn the corner, we are turning the corner now I believe/hope, and we shall overcome. Keep the faith!

And keep the human chain going!

I think letters to the editor and posting to blogs can really help, especially if we are detailed in our knowledge and informative instead of whining. If we inform readers with facts, then they will begin to think.

Food for thought.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS Consolation:

My LLMD said that he has "never once in my lifetime" seen a patient succumb to lyme. He said it happens mostly when there is organ failure, ie kidney or liver failure, then the lyme becomes the last straw. He has never lost a patient or seen one go under from lyme, even if you can read about it happening, he said.

He has been in practice for more than 30 years, specializing in lyme much of that time.

Good news.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I wish that were true, chiquita. That may be his experience, but, unfortunately, way too many die of Lyme, including quite a few very well-known LLMD's. And too many kids and teenagers, too. All ages, of course, including in utero. Then there are the many suicides from desperate Lyme patients . . .
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD just had two pass away from Lyme last year. I think both of them came to him too late and there was nothing he could do.

One of the ladies was Hilary who has her obituary here on this forum.

The thing about her case is, she had an autopsy done by Dr. Jan Garavaglia ( Dr. G Medical Examiner ), and Hilary's family told her she had Lyme, and Dr. G said that Lyme wouldn't do that and doesn't kill people. Dr. G said some very hurtful things to the family, and from what I heard ( none of this I heard from my LLMD ) they are very angry with her. They said she's a real rude, mean lady.

Dr. G's husband is an IDSA infectious diseases doctor who doesn't believe in chronic Lyme. Imagine that. I know someone who went to him and he denied she had Lyme even though she had specific bands.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I've never seen it anywhere either, except a LLMD's office or this one doctor that treats Lyme but only if you are positive through Quest.

But of course I live in GA where there is no Lyme Disease. The ticks in GA are friendly [Smile]

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement