LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Solfeggio frequencies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Solfeggio frequencies
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm proposing we get some of the membership to try solfeggio frequencies for one month. The idea is to subjectively get a yes they help or no they don't. Either case a comment given.

If you don't know what they are read the following link:

http://www.lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1006/page/64

The test is completely free all you have to do is search solfeggio in youtube and there is tons of links. Then selected the 6 different version and listen for about an hour a day for a month.

Now I don't believe this is some kind of magic bullet by any means. But wonder if these frequencies aid in whatever treatment your currently doing. And by all means continue with whatever treatment method your currently doing.

What's needed: access to youtube through the internet and a good pair of headphones. You should use headphones to listen to the sound.

So whose game?

In a way this might be the first test usable by others of anything we've done to date. Either Yes or No by a number of folks here. I also think the discussion would be very interesting.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been blasting these through speakers directly unto my body since this weekend after reading the MedSonix thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH__J3TR1G8

Check the rest of this guy's channel out, pretty legit.

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just went through the threads and the site. Very impressive!

It would be curious to see how people do with Solfeggio as well. It is not the same as MedSonix although similar and it isn't going to replace a 150K device like the doctors who are employing MedSonix. But who knows, maybe listening more often might help.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that the sound has to be "heard" by the whole body... not just the ears. Just something I've been thinking about. It would probably be nice to have surround sound & a good audio system.

Many of the brainwave entrainment CDs need the person to use headphones - but I think it's a little different for brainwave entrainment as opposed to healing the body.

FYI - http://www.neuroacoustic.com/

http://www.hemisyncforyou.com/

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/

Thanks for the link Toppers.

I've been using audio from the Monroe Inst. & Dr. Thompson for a while now. I think it's really beneficial. I haven't tried the Solfeggio frequencies, though. I have heard about them.

I was kind of surprised that the Medsonix was developed by an X-Military guy... I guess all of this stuff winds up for that use at one point or another. I know the Monroe Institute trains Intelligence personel.

You could probably buy a good sound system for what the Medsonix treatments cost... I'm always up for reverse-engineering this sort of stuff. Especially, if I could save some money.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I think sound is heard by the whole body. Envision the ocean, sound can travel thousands of miles (eg dolphins). Our bodies are just one big saline solution, sound through headphones I believe do transport through the whole body.

--------------------
Bob

Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you google "Olav Skille" the 3rd result is an extensive PDF from 2007 detailing results from frequency treatment. In that they utilized beds with speakers in them, more or less. Interesting read and very relevant to Lyme and us.

Sounds like a different spin on this. After reading the PDF I see no reason why you can't do this at home utilizing off the shelf electronics.

I'm game, let's get this rolling.

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

We need a little more participation to get something rolling.

Toppers : I took the link you suggested and listened to the 40 hz snippet with headphones. It is really similar to Solfaggio except the frequency and harmonics.

So we could do a two month effort with a separate group of people, and compare them.

I think it's an interesting experiment.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Bob - set up the parameters. Maybe more people will "chime" in? If it's going to be a real experiment - we need to use the same frequencies & techniques.

I wonder what frequencies Medsonix uses?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

According to Medsonix patents they use "around 600 hz", probably open to adjustment to whatever it actually is.

There are several variations of this on the market, most of ungodly expensive. Chairs with speakers, flatbeds with transducers to make vibrations, etc.

Medsonix patent says right on it that they use a submersible transducer in water. Must be a pretty powerful amp and system running that thing to have people sitting around it feel strong effects.

I wonder if an amplified surround sound system running off a PC would be adequate?

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Do you know what a "submersible transducer in water" is?
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

It's an audio transducer that can be submerged, does that help? Think of a low frequency speaker, except you can't hear sounds it just transmits the waves through matter like water, ideally.
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Listening to sounds 1 hour a day for 10 people requires participation, as long you have a PC and headphones can get to the internet, we could understand more. That is all that is required. You can even do it in bed.

I have to disqualify myself from being a participant, I probably wouldn't notice any change, you have to be sick to do it.

Lymenet members you have no excuse for trying this! And what do you have to lose anyways?

[ 03-29-2011, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: lymie_in_md ]

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Is there a webpage or youtube video that broadcasts the signal for 1 hour? Most are usually a few minutes? I'm up for doing it.

I'd have to study the transducer aspect more. I don't know anything about audio engineering or physics.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Inside youtube you can set up a playlist. On the icon there is a + and -, set up a number icon by setting on the + and it will put it into a playlist queue. Select all the solfaggio of the different frequencies. Each play is about 10 minutes and you can set up 6 of them. while your doing other things on the computer you can listen while your on lymenet or on email for instance.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks Bob... I wasn't sure how to get them into a playlist.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement