LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chelation therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chelation therapy
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the LLMD (Dr. Z) in my state specializes in chelation therapy and on their website says that they go that route to get away from symptomatic medications. And they look to get to the root of the problems. Which sounds good to me...

But, my question is.... does this sound to you like they would go more holistic and not be as aggressive with abx? Opinions

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're not in Michigan, so I can't comment on the specific doctor, but my son has had a number of chelation with his doctor in Virginia.

Chelation is helpful for bringing down the toxic load, but I think the most important thing is does is breakdown the biofilms that cover up the bacteria. My son tests positive for things after a bout of chelation-- and then the doctor knows what to treat.

His doctor uses the chelation, but also treats with antibiotics and herbals.

I don't know what to say about holistic doctors and being aggressive or not. My son's doctor is holistic and used an VERY aggressive protocol in the first four months with my son-- including 3 months of IV's, including a month each of Invanz, rocephin and Tigicyline. He's had about 15 IV chelations, and he's on orals and doing anti-parasite and anti-babesia txs now.

My message is -- using chelation and herbals does not mean that a doctor does not use antibiotics or is not aggressive.

Mary

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not aggressive at ALL.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are going to be spending a ton of money to me.

That's just my opinion. We went to an MD like this one time. I just sat there with my eyes glazed over as he talked about vitamins.

I'm sorry, but my daughter has had a chronic infection in her body for ten years and a bunch of vitamins and IV supplements is NOT going to cure her.

I believe that these things definitely play a part in getting well. I just think that you also need conventional medicine as well.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for everyone responding. I understand that using supplementation doesn't mean a doctor won't be aggressive... But, I wanted an opinion in general, as well as if anyone knew of the Dr.

Seekhelp thank you for being upfront. I appreciate it.

I think that I found an LLMD to try to see. I am hoping to know by the beginning of next week.

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement