LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New here w/Igenex results - looks like I'm joining you!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New here w/Igenex results - looks like I'm joining you!
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My provider had run the Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID test, and it was positive. Since I could find very little info on the test, I requested the western blot.

Here are my results:

IGM:
18 -
**23-25 +
28 +
30 +
**31 -
**34 +
**39 IND
**41 +
45 -
58 +
66 -
**83-93 IND

IGG:

18 -
**23-25 -
28 -
30 -
**31 +
**34 -
**39 IND
**41 ++
45 -
58 +
66 -
**83-93 -

The IGM is positive even by CDC standards. I'm convinced now (I think?). I have two children who have medical issues, and I have been resolving them, step by step, with integrative medicine.

It's draining (emotionally and financially) when 3 of 4 family members have unconventional tests and treatments. [bonk]

I've gone through 3 days of Alinia, 7 days of Tindamax, and I'm now on 300mg of Doxy. I had also been on Diflucan for two months and have switched to Sporanox. I take a number of vitamins and supplements, to the best of my daily organization/memory.

I'm curious about IV abx, but I'm uncertain if they are always nec., and it would be out of pocket. I just don't want to screw around with pills, if they aren't going to get the job done.

I know it will take time, but I hope to knock these critters out of me!

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I and all of my friends (at least 5 people) got rid of lyme and company using orals only.

Not everyone needs IV to get rid of this disease, by any means. That is an old belief still held by doctors who don't know how to treat lyme disease.

And, IV doesn't guarantee a cure. You would still be taking various oral meds while on IV and after a number of months of being on IV. One med (even one IV med) is never enough to get rid of lyme and its coinfections.

Why spend an arm and a leg for 6 or more months of IV when oral meds will do the job for nearly everyone. If you were thinking one month on IV, forget it. That won't do a thing when it comes to this disease. Again, the non-lyme literate doctors are the ones that think this way.

This disease takes a minimum of a year to treat if you have had it for a number of months. And, the more educated you become about lyme, most likely you will see signs that you had lyme further and further back in time. Happens nearly every time!

For example, your 8 years of fibro were actually lyme disease. With good treatment, your fibro will go away totally. Happened to 2 of my fibro friends and 1 fibro acquaintance and my lyme doctor who had the fibro diagnosis for years and years.

So, you have chronic lyme disease. That takes a while to get rid of. Talking a minimum of 1 year and likely 2 to 3 years IF you go to a good doctor. I had undiagnosed lyme disease for at least 10 years.

Indications that IV is required are: bedbound, wheelchair bound, having seizures, total zombie (can't follow a conversation and barely talks). Doesn't sound like that is you.

On the east coast, we nearly all have lyme, babesiosis, and bartonella. Nobody has just lyme disease. Read it in Burrascano (see below). So, you will be taking orals for the babesiosis and bartonella also. You are not going to avoid oral medications. Each of these diseases is treated for months using a combination of medications, generally.

I suggest you read and STUDY the Burrascano Lyme Treatment Guidelines found here:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

They are not an easy read because they were intended for other doctors to read, but they will give you your bachelor's degree on the disease that you have.

And, most importantly, many doctors treat lyme disease, but only a few know enough to get rid of it for a person. The doc is the key to getting rid of this disease. Can't stress that enough.

I and all my friends went to docs who followed the Burrascano Guidelines. In April, it was 6 years since I completed my lyme treatment and I am still symptom free, enjoying my life. Not many on this board can say that.

Why not contact lyme support groups in your state and nearby states (see Support Groups on the left side of the page) and ask for doctors who follow Burrascano's guidelines and who are known to have gotten people well from this disease.

You can also post on the "Seeking a Doctor" forum to get names. Personal recommendations are what really counts.

Wish you the best. Educate yourself as much as you can.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say you ARE joining us! Welcome!!

YES, you can get well on orals. I did!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garden ..Welcome you are in good hands with all of these knowledgable folks.

Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, everyone.

TF, thank you very much for your detailed response and PM. I will reply soon.

I have read the guidelines a few times, watched Under Our Skin twice, and read through Dr K's protocol, etc. Though I am new to Lyme, I am deeply familiar (as a mom) with both the celiac world and the biomedical treatments for special kids world. There seems to be some overlap (from a holistic treatment perspective).

Currently, I am supposed to get my liver enzymes checked, and provided all is well, we will be adding Ceftin on top of the Doxy. I am open to switching LLMD's, so I will give careful consideration to suggestions.

Thank you!

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome - I am able to stop my fibro pain with oral clindamycin 150mg 1-2x/day. I have a 1981 west coast strain.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Garden
WELCOME!!!!
I loved your input on my other post about cutting chemical exposure in life...love your awareness and good mind....it will be nice to connect with you here and we all are looking forward to having you on board!

I am not like everdybody here because in fact, we *all* are different. Every one of us has unique physiology, and varying medical needs.

For myself, I had a severe backslide and side effect after taking bactrim, from which I am still recovering 4 months later. Oy. Again not everybody is the same.

My boundaries are firmly up, and I am not trying abx until I have done everything else I can first.

And I am doing so beautifully on the herbal product by Beyond Balance called Bar 1 (for bartonella) that there is no need for anything else right now. Except for detox herbs and some supplements, but not any need for additional therapies, per se.

Another person here uses these products and is really happy with them too.

I used to wake up with two fingers curled into the palm of my hands, asleep, and half my face numb/stiff/frozen, tongue faltering somewhat, other things.

After less than six months using just the herbs alone, no more fingers curled into the palm of my hands. In fact, I took a one-year break from the therapy and it still never came back. Much improved with other neuro symptoms like facial stiffness et al, but still more work to do. I am not cured yet by any means, and have additional layers of the onion to peel beyond what I am mentioning here.

Herxing has been very minimal and only moderate once or twice along the road. For the rest, herxing has been mild actually. Yet still such good results.

I really believe in the herbs and have every hope that they can do the whole job, at least for me. But I can't advise anybody else. I am not a doctor.

Increasingly I am thinking that not only to tackle the bugs, but to modulate immunity and keep the body strong are really important to fighting this disease. As I am taking herbs that bolster my immune system, I have noticed a lot more energy. I think this will help us to keep the bugs in check and to get well faster, as we also kill off the bugs.

My two cents worth.

Again this is not medical advice, only sharing my own story. I am not saying that nobody needs antibiotics.

I also think (very strongly) that given the wild rides that can come up with lyme treatment, we *must!* have medical supervision, whether we choose to go the herbal or antibiotic route solo, or both combined. I don't think self-treatment with herbs in lyme disease is at all wise. And we can make many self-diagnostic mistakes, treat the wrong thing, not know how to handle inevitable healing crises that come up...a doctor' s supervision is a must, period.

Best wishes, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement