LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can a dr test for parasites?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can a dr test for parasites?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think my gp would run a test for parasites, so how do you get a dr to do it? would it be a gastro or something?

i don't think a walk in clinic would work either.

i found a site online that will send you a kit and they send the results to your doctor but it's expensive. has anybody tried this?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place tests but it's not cheap -

http://www.metametrix.com/test-menu/profiles/gastrointestinal-function/gi-effects-parasitology

You have to find a practitioner who can order the test. They work through Natrupathic doctors, mostly. The one's I've read about can charge a few hundred dollars & then the test is $300-400, itself. Then, you have to go back so they can interpret it. Seems like a good approx. $1000 to find out & what you can do about it.

The tests aren't always accurate - just like with Lyme. That's why people just do the Humaworm & see what happens. You may want to try another anti-parasite product & work it up very slowly unless you have $1000 you can spend. Or give the guy at Humaworm a call.

This parasite stuff is not easy. I couldn't afford to keep paying people so I did it on my own. It's not for everyone & it's definitely not easy.

Good luck, randibear!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe us even the most expensive tests and repeated testing is not reliable.
I think Dr. K says that about 80 % are missed.
Save your money for humaworm.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shanti.com.au/body/parasites.htm#PARASITE

"parasite attaches itself to the lining of or intestines and bites into our blood vessels. It is capable of drinking an enormous amount of blood everyday. Hemoglobin levels as low as 15% of normal have been found in people with chronic hookworm disease."

Read it all and weep. It became very clear this last weekend during a 3-day Dr.K. "Beyond Lyme" Conference with Dr. Fry, Dr. Yu, etc. and others that parasites are the ones that get us -- making Lyme a secondary and easier to deal with. Visualize -- the bacteria etc. live in the parasites! I posted the Babuschka Principle weeks ago. The parasites also hold the metals in their coats. The parasites also hold the fungi, etc. The bacteria lives inside the fungi. The virus lives inside the bacteria.

I will post the list of herbs for parasites and also the list of medications for parasites when I have time and the interest is there.

These are all among the reasons so many of us are struggling chasing the bacteria. Babesia is a protozoa and a parasite! My husband just needed a major blood transfusion because the anemia very suddenly became so severe and collapsed. I am praying.

Please read it and do not brush it aside. Parasites are a major factor in Lyme Disease and major in chronic disease. They flourish in our present EMF environment. Our environment is different from even ten years ago.

Most parasites live outside of the intestinal tract. Parasites are deceptive, adaptive and difficult to eradicate.

Take care and please make parasite treatment the important task!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI I am reading here that many people do incredibly well with Humaworm.

Then again, one person posted a strong reaction and given the very strong herbs used in the formula---not just one strong herb, but several combined---it should be known that there are additional options out there.

Again most people here have had incredible responses with it, so it would seem as I am reading. I have not used it myself but I do know the herbs they use.

So for the event that you try it and if for any reason it does not agree with you:

In his book Healing with Whole Foods, Paul Pitchford (nutrition authority) has a good protocol for parasite treatment. You might be able to find the book at the library.

Healthy Healing by Linda Rector Page, ND is a reference book in most healthfood stores nationwide. She has a page in bullet points about parasites, and what you can do. Because it's all in bullet points, a lot is packed onto a single page (her book format. It's an excellent book to have at home fyi, I highly recommend it and find my own copy invaluable to have around).

You could also try a subject search here www.healthy.net here only the really renowned naturopaths post their articles. This is highly trustworthy information.

See also Dr Leo Galland's article about parasites, interesting things like stomach acid protects us from parasites. Therefore low stomach acid may be a culprit in parasitic infestations. Bitter herbs stimulate HCL production and you can also supplement with HCL in enzymes. See the article here with more interesting points of discussion www.healthy.net/scr/Column.aspx?ID=60

Best wishes, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, the Humaworm wasn't strong enough. I think it has too many ingredients. This was after doing a couple of parasite cleanses. At first, if you have parasites - the herbs will make you really ill. That's what happened to me.

I think the 3 basic ingredients are enough - green, black walnut hulls, cloves, & a form of artemesia (sweet annie - it's sometimes called). I think the Humaworm combo is good but it's a bit diluted with other herbs.

I'm doing the Parastroy these days + boron & diatometeous earth. It's a heavy duty combo. Don't do this right off the bat! You really have to work it up slowly. It takes time & patience, especially if you have been ill a long time.

I also think a parasite protocol has to go on for longer than 30 days in some cases. It depends on what you are dealing with.

You also may need things to clean up the die-off. For some reason, I have been dowsing everything - and I haven't been given a "yes" for binders. There may be a logic to it...? I'm not sure. Maybe they also absorb the effect of the herbs?

You also may need to do plain water enemas to get the toxic debris out. All of this is not fun but most doctors will not tell you about this.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a humaworm skeptic than a humaworm fan. But, there are plenty of treatments for parasites, and I do agree, don't waste you're time and money testing. We all have them, time to move to treatment.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well humaworm has frankly put me down and out. maybe a severe herx, but i feel like total hell....

every joint is screaming in pain, the eye twitching is awful, but it's the overall body pain that is getting me.

oh yeah, soft mushy stools at least 2-3 times a day.

i'm not doing anything for awhile until this settles down.

i almost ended up in the er so i don't think i better try that again. gotta be something milder.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
http://www.shanti.com.au/body/parasites.htm#PARASITE

"parasite attaches itself to the lining of or intestines and bites into our blood vessels. It is capable of drinking an enormous amount of blood everyday. Hemoglobin levels as low as 15% of normal have been found in people with chronic hookworm disease."

Read it all and weep. It became very clear this last weekend during a 3-day Dr.K. "Beyond Lyme" Conference with Dr. Fry, Dr. Yu, etc. and others that parasites are the ones that get us -- making Lyme a secondary and easier to deal with. Visualize -- the bacteria etc. live in the parasites! I posted the Babuschka Principle weeks ago. The parasites also hold the metals in their coats. The parasites also hold the fungi, etc. The bacteria lives inside the fungi. The virus lives inside the bacteria.

I will post the list of herbs for parasites and also the list of medications for parasites when I have time and the interest is there.

These are all among the reasons so many of us are struggling chasing the bacteria. Babesia is a protozoa and a parasite! My husband just needed a major blood transfusion because the anemia very suddenly became so severe and collapsed. I am praying.

Please read it and do not brush it aside. Parasites are a major factor in Lyme Disease and major in chronic disease. They flourish in our present EMF environment. Our environment is different from even ten years ago.

Most parasites live outside of the intestinal tract. Parasites are deceptive, adaptive and difficult to eradicate.

Take care and please make parasite treatment the important task!

GIGI, I'm very interested in your list of parasite herbs and medications.

I've had two tests so far with VERY visual parasites and both labs came back negative! Some of these things were up to 7" long and the lab says it all good! Sheesh, what's with that?

These things look like tannish looking worms and I purposely pulled out several to put in the tube to give to the lab, still nothing. I don't get it.

Is there a certain lab to use for this? I'd like to know what kind of parasites i have so I know how to treat it. Every time I do a coffee enema, the next day there are parasites. Today I think was the most ever that's come out of me at one time. So disgustingly gross!

About a week ago I started taking GAIA Para-Shield which could be what's stirring up the parasites and causing more to come out recently.

Any input on how to get these tested would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi

I am so sorry for you reaction. I will not even attempt humaworm either. I seem to have horrible reactions to most things and I will never face what I did wtih rifampin again.

Feel better!!! Ann

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 2006, I came on to lymenet and was at my wits end after 4 yrs of abx. That's when I saw GiGi's most informative posts about parasites and also the lymephotos site.

I started going after the parasites with many different herbs that attack parasites from different companys. They all helped.

So far I like Parastroy the best. The herbs from Monastery of Herbs saved my life and also were excellent, but expensive. I also added salt/c.

The KEY is persistence and continued tx for mos at a time. Listen to GiGi, she is so on the money.

Get rid of the parasites and you'll get rid of the Lyme and co. For those sensitive to the herbals, you can open them up and mix them into some applesauce to control how much you want to ingest.

The parasites get crazy when attacked and don't go down easy. However, if you want to get well, you have to get them out.

Gary,

what you describe sounds like roundworms which are very common. You can google for images to see if they match. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Gigi, when you do have a free moment, would love to see the list of herbs. So sad to hear of your husband's ongoing struggles. Thinking of you often and sending the very best of wishes. Thank you for still taking the time to post and help us all with the answers we are seeking.

Gael - have you ever tried the 4 different pharmaceutical prescriptions Dr. K recommends? As you know, he doesn't recommend pharmaceuticals lightly, but in the case of parasites, he certainly does. Maybe it's time to try his approach.

I imagine I will be treating them soon myself. Actually, can't wait to get started.

btw - I had no problem with Humaworm at all. Within 2 days I started passing tons of larvae. Never saw what was laying the eggs, but I was astonished at what I passed on Humaworm. I did it back in November/December. Since then I haven't done anything with parasites as I am letting Dr. K's clinic in Seattle guide me now. We are working on other things first, but I'm sure these bugs are next on the list.

Best to all,
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy,

I haven't had access to an LLMD since 2005, so I had no choice but to treat myself with herbs and salt/c. Wondering why you didn't continue with the herbs since you were having success?

Are you seeing Dr K. himself or an associate?

GiGi,

I also send my prayers to you and your husband for his speedy recovery. Sorry to hear he is so sick.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished a bottle of Gaia Herbs brand Para Shield and had no

negative or positive reactions...and definately no visuals...and I

checked every day ! So would one assume I am parasite free or

require a stronger anti parasitic formula ?! ... [dizzy]

Sending healing thoughts to your hubby GiGi... [group hug]

...Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory does parasite

testing...now called Genova Diagnostics...800 - 522 - 4762

I called them and they quoted $ 300 for a CDSA test with

parasites an extra $ 85...think you need a doc's rec...but not

sure...I decided to save the $$$ to spend on treatment and so

didn't go for the testing...glad now I did since I seem not to have

a parasite problem ( seem not to ) ...whew...cross one off the list

maybe ?! Now I just have to deal with candida , heavy metals ,

bart , lyme , babs , leaky gut etc...I feel fortunate...

again best wishes for your husband GiGi...

or...perhaps I need a longer treatment time on the Para Shield ?!

anyone else familiar with this product ?

PS Gael...love the truth quote... [Wink]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Karensky,

I hate to burst your bubble, but sometimes it takes a lot of antiparasitics for these pathogens to move out.

It took me 16 caps of herbs a day from the Monastery of Herbs for 6 mos ( and then added salt/c) until I saw anything.

Check out the symptom list at Humaworm. You might also want to try something stronger like Parastroy to see if you get results. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karensky, have you tried doing coffee enemas? I never had a parasite come out of me until I did that.

I'm not sure Para-Shield is potent enough to do the job. It might be moving things around and helping with the coffee enemas, but if I were to do the Para-Sheild alone I'm not sure it would be doing the job--it's hard to say.

I've only been on it a week, so it's too early to say. I think Para-Shield is probably not one of the more potent anti-parasite herbs around. That's why I actually decided to use it because I have a sensitive stomach and I didn't want to upset my stomach too much.

My stomach has been slightly upset lately which I suspect is from the Para-Shield, not sure. The acid from the coffee is what I believe (according to what I've been reading) is what started killing off the parasites.

You might want to try that and see if it does anything. One benefit of the coffee enemas, in addition to cleansing the liver, it also helps to make you feel better. It gives me a relaxing, calming feeling after taking an enema.

I hesitated for one year before doing them because I'm a big chicken. The idea of putting coffee up my rear end was never too appealing to me.

But now, I actually look forward to it. Well, not the actual process, but the good feeling I get from doing it. It's definitely helped me to feel better. And it doesn't hurt that it's killing off a few of them monsters in me. [Wink]

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gary, just wondering if parasites/metals were addressed when you went to hansa? Glad the enemas are helping.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

what's a coffee enema? is it where you brew some coffee and put it in an enema bag?

i tried an enema once and it was sooo painful getting the thing in, i quit and said no more. adn that was with a ton of vaseline too.

--------------------

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been on Humaworm, then Parastroy for a while.

I added HCL supplementation. Then recently, I started putting a couple of drops of Oil of Oregano under my tongue, once in the morning and before going to bed.

The first time I did it, I actually gave me a herx. I did it for a few days, but for the last couple of days I've been feeling mild nausea, pretty much constantly.

Might that be because I'm really starting to get the parasites upset? I backed off the Oil of Oregano, and the HCL, but the mild nausea has persisted.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Chaps,

I used to experience nausea as a side effect of toxin dieoff.

FYI, Oil of oregeno is good, but in order to get all three stages of parasites )adult, larva and eggs)you need Wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves.

If you don't get the larva and eggs, the cycle will just continue. Hope you are doing well Chaps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

GiGi
Member # 259

Multiple Signs of Parasites:
PARASITES SPEAK MANY LANGUAGES

Gas/Bloating
Grinding Teeth
Caughing at Night
Weight loss/gain
Lethargy/Fatigue
Sexual dysfunction
Migraine headache
Brain fogs
Craving for foods
Anemia / Eosinophilia
Bruxism
Allergies

Suppress allergies
Immune deficiency syndrome
Constipations/diarrhea
Psoriasis/exzema
Food allergies
Knee/hip pain
Abdominal pain
IBS/Colitis
Waking up at night/bedwetting
Night sweats
Rectal Itching
Muscle/Joint pain
Cyst/tumor

This is from written material received at Dr.K. "Beyond Lyme" seminar last weekend, Dr. Fry and Dr. Simon Yu -- all spoke on related subjects.

Lab tests absolutely not conclusive. Forget them. Energetic testing, incl EAV, is used. Study their websites. There is no way around parasites - everyone with a chronic ailment is affected. The eggs and larvae are in the brain as well as anywhere else. Most of them are not visible with the naked eye and labs are totally inefficient in that regard.

I will continue to post what I learned as I have time.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

MEDICATIONS FOR PARASITES (some of)

Mebendazole
Albendazole
Metronidazole
Praziquantel
Iodoquinole
Tinidazole
Ivermectin
Tetracycline
Doxycycline
Pyrantel pamoate
Chloroquine/Primaquine
Nitazoxanide (Alinia)
Others

GiGi
Member # 259

HERBS FOR PARASITES (some of)

Black walnut hull extract
Wormwood
Clove oil
Artemisia Annua
Citrus seed extract
Pumpkin seed
Ginger root
Gentian root

Others:

sparkle7
Member # 10397

You won't always see big worms. Some parasites are microscopic or very small, partially digested, hidden. Babesia is a parasite.

It took me about 2 weeks of green, black walnut hulls, cloves & wormwood & all heck broke loose. I felt really ill. I still see parasite looking things in the toilet. I've been treating on & off for about a year & a half - 2 years now.

I didn't do it long enough when I first started all of this. It takes persistance. Some parasites do not need males to reproduce. So, you have to kill every last one of them.

I hope I can do it with the herbs. For something that needs to be treated for a long time - I'd rather take herbs. Less chance of toxic side effects. The drugs may work.

I've added diatomaceous earth & boron to the mix.

The Wonder of Boron
http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/boron-osteoporosis-arthritis-allergies-menopause-hormones.asp

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael - I am currently being treated by one of Dr. K's trained physicians. You don't get to see him initially, since he is in such high demand. But now that I am an established patient of his and following his protocols by his staff, I will get to see him at a future follow-up. In the meantime, I am very happy with my doctor there. I feel that I am in very good hands. (But I am excited to see the master himself at a future point:)

On why I did not continue with herbal parasite treatment -- a few reasons.... first, I knew I was going to Washington and wanted to be guided and overseen by them. And also, I didn't feel comfortable doing it on my own because I wasn't sure how best to support my body through the process. We all have different issues, and one of mine is a big one - dehydration. Without proper guidance, I felt aware that I could easily overtax my already over-burdened system when the bugs started to die off and release all the junk they were holding. (Because of Seattle's testing, I just learned that I am missing the ADH anti-diuretic hormone, so no wonder I am dehydrated. I think correcting this huge underlying issue will help bring me to a much better place of healing. Not sure how it will be treated yet. Will speak with my doc next week.)

Gael, I hope you can find your way to a Dr. K trained LLMD who can guide you with pharmaceuticals to get rid of these nasty bugs. In the meantime, I admire all you have done naturally. We have all learned so much from your posts. It is such a huge issue, and most folks don't know much about it. It's great that a few people like GiGi and you have posted extensively on this. It surely opened my eyes, so thanks.

Best wishes to you (and to all of us! [Smile]
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of great info Gigi , Sparkle and everyone !

Wow...2 years of treatment ! Does one just continue to treat then

until you see or feel no more "signs" ? Then here is the usual

conundrum found in just about every aspect of having lyme & co...

symptoms overlap , testing inaccurate , parasites too small to see ,

the different froms all need to be addressed etc...so how does

one really know when you have erradicated them completely , if

one even has them ?!

I treated for aprox. 6 weeks with a product called " Parabiotic

Plus" by Biogenesis ...I was taking 3 caps x 2 daily of 400 mg

wormwood , 300 mg olive leaf extract , 200 mg berberine sulfate

200 mg mexican oregano , 200 mg thyme extract , 100 mg

grapefruit seed extract , 100 mg black walnut hull extract ,

100 mg uva ursi...I also took for a few weeks along with that a

product called " Epsilon Ozonated Rizol " by BioPure , containing

oils of artemisia , clove , black cumin , walnut , garlic

marjoram...when I ran out of these and thinking that alternating

treatments is a good thing I tried the Gaia formula mentioned

above for the following 4 weeks...so 10 weeks total of parasite

treatment and not a single visual...keep going using Humaworm

or some other product until I get results ? Is the coffee enema

perhaps my missing component here ? Maybe I am killing the

bugs but they aren't being flushed out ? If they are in the brain...

how do they get from there and out unless some binding agent

is also used , such as the bentonite mentioned above...and not

only the brain...?! The coffee enema I would think can only clear

out where it can reach...there are miles of digestive tract north

of the enema hose where they must be lodging too...so...maybe

I have to add a binder and do the enemas along with, in order to

address the issue sufficiently ?! If I do all that for another month

or so and still don't see any can I then safely assume I am

parasite free ?! [bonk]

Oh...PS...I forgot...I was also taking chlorella too...that should

have helped flush out the little buggers , no ?

thx for all the help here...you all are so wonderful !

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Tammy.

Sounds like you're in really good hands, and am very happy for you. Getting to see Dr. K. is such a blessing. As far as my getting rid of the bugs, that is and has been happening daily.

I have gotten rid of tons already with the herbs. Perhaps slower than pharmaceuticals would have done, but that was my only option financially along with the salt/c.

So again, much luck to you and a very healthy recovery.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael.

I wasn't expecting the Oil of Oregano to replace the Parastroy.

I started taking the OoO when I had my root canal tooth extracted as an antibacterial. But when I took it, I herxed from it, which tells me that it must have killed off some candida or other parasites. After taking it in the A.M. and before bed, I didn't wake up with a sticky mouth (thrush) in the morning.

It was about 4 days after this that I started experiencing the nausea, and I associated it with the OoO. That stuff is some pretty strong stuff.

Since stopping it, the nausea is slowly subsiding. I took Parastroy with supper last night and felt the mild nausea again, so I wonder if it is parasite dieoff. It's hard to tell.

Whatever the case, I hope it's a step toward getting better.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Chaps,

Drink more water, especially when taking herbs. It helps with the nausea.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

another PS...

I initially began parasite treatment after being muscle tested for

them...no real ill effects...well...I did have a very

strong reaction to all I was on but I was on so many things I couldn't

tell you what in particular I was reacting so negatively towards...

too much all @ once I believe...fast forward 10 weeks after the

treatments I mentioned above...muscle tested again by a

different practitioner...no parasites I was told...

My hemo is on the high rather than the low side too...so I really

wonder , if in my case , I have a parasite problem @ this time...

any more thoughts you guys ?!

--------------------

gwb
Member # 7273

GIGI, thanks so much for the information and the list of herbs and list of medications for parasites. Great information!

Karensky, I don't know if the enema is the "missing component" or not. I went into doing coffee enemas for detox purposes. I never thought about parasites, didn't think I had any.

After doing a couple of coffee enemas, and taking some chlorella, the next day I notice some long worms that look like this:
*warning graphic and gross* http://www.lymephotos.com/babesia/index.html

I don't know if they're babesia parasites or not but that's exactly what they looked like. I took two separate stool samples in one months time to two different labs (used two different doctors) and both labs came back negative.

I took pictures of them to show to my GI doctor. He said it's *probably* just mucous. Yeah, right! The other doctor just said he has no idea what they are but the test is negative so he accepts that I don't have parasites.

Well, I have a collection of them and offered to bring them over to my GI doctor to look at them--he refused my offer. Not surprised.

I'll never get a doctor here in OK to tell me if I have parasites. They could be as big as a rattle snake and they'll still deny it. That's just the way it is. I KNOW I have parasites and don't need a doctor or lab to tell me that. I would have liked to know what kind they were, but guess I'll never know.

Anyway, when I do the coffee enema the parasites don't normally come out when I evacuate. They normally come out they next day. From what I've read, the acid in the coffee kills the parasites, so that's probably why they show up the next day.

I'm now using Para-Shield and will use that for awhile. Now that I've researched more about Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth I feel more comfortable trying that too.

The coffee enemas aren't really a "parasite protocol", but if you have them the acid will probably kill them off and they'll come out of you. You might not have the same kind I have, or maybe you don't have any at all. I would suspect that I have parasites that can't be seen with the naked eye too.

For some more information on coffee enemas go here:

http://www.peak-health-now.com/coffee-enema-pages.html
http://www.coffee-enema.ca/purpose.htm
http://www.coffee-enema.ca/coffee_enema.htm

You can use and enema bag but this is what I use. Much easier to clean and you can see when all the coffee has come out of the container:

http://usastore.sawilsons.com/products/Gent-%252d-L%252d-Kare-Enema-Bucket-Kit.html

I find that doing the coffee enema helps me to feel better, more energy and clears my brain fog. You need to use organic light roasted ground coffee for this. The instructions are at the links above.

They make a "special" coffee for enemas only. I tried it and didn't think it was any better than the regular organic kind. I've been pleased with how it's been working out for me so far.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Gary

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

thx for such detailed info Gary...I was going to ask for such next... [Wink]

one more question for you though...should the coffee be 100 %

arabica ?

joking...I couldn't resist...remember the old arabica coffee

commercials on tv with the guy and his donkey or some such

creature..saying it has to be 100 % arabica !

I'm sure they would shudder if they were in on this enema

conversation...not sthg they would use as a selling point !

LOLOL...but seriously...thx for all the fab info...I think I'm going

to try it...but what I wonder is...why don't obvious looking

parasites test as such...unless it is just mucous...which labs did

you use ?

--------------------

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karensky--parasites are everywhere and you are never going to be free of parasites. The best anyone will be able to do is get down to needing a periodic maintenance type treatment. Don't know how frequent that would be--once every few months or once a year...

Gary-gwb--Say it isn't so, say the docs can't really be THAT stupid, they can't, can they? Regarding the negative tests, the reason I heard was that by the time the labs get the sample, the proteins in the parasites/worms have degraded to the point of not being what the labs are looking for anymore.

chaps--I have had nausea from a couple different worm-killers--the biopure rizoles (ozonated wormwood, walnut, ...) and from the prescription antihelminthics. I do think it's from what it does to the worms rather than just a side-effect. I have also had a dizzy feeling from the rizoles.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Both doctors used Labcorp. Wrong lab for this kind of testing. As I said before, if snakes were crawling out of me they wouldn't have a clue! There's other labs that specialize in this as you mentioned in your previous post. The question is, is it worth the money to find out which species of parasites you have? I don't know the answer to that.

If you can afford it, I suppose it would be worth it. If you're going to be treated with medicines, then maybe it's important to know what you have so the doctor knows which meds to give you. Again, not sure about it. That's above my pay grade. [Wink]

Maybe someday they'll redo that commercial with this guy riding the donkey hawking arabica coffee and enema buckets. I imagine they could open up a whole new market selling coffee this way. It could bring a whole new meaning to the phrase, "bottoms up!". [bonk]

Gary

GiGi
Member # 259

Parasites evolve. Green eyes today, purple eye lashes later. It makes little difference to know what is what, and though Dr.K. has test slides for all possible, he doesn't bother.

Energetic testing: If you test positive with tensor or any decent muscle testing for any parasite, you test the different meds against it. If it takes the positive out of resonance, that is the med to use and it will work. Change from one med to the next until parasite tests negative. Usually, using med from small to large parasite is common; i.e. ivermectin, then pamoate, then albendazole, then alinia --- and possibly for a long time and repeated.

Parasites lay a million eggs around full moon. Eat dairy around that time, that brings them out.
If you are frantic needing to talk to a doctor around full moon, you can bet on parasites in your body.

Learn a little testing (I love the tensor, because I can test myself without any help; I can test my husband safely even at a distance (strong mental connection after 53 years togetherness) and get yourself some test material, and go at it.

A day or two after you test positive for parasites, the metals will show up as positive.
Treat as toxins test and guard yourself with binders.

The nausea people talk about is without fail a stressed liver. Take more liver support. Test it for choice. Always support liver and kidney freely. These organs are working overtime at this time.

Take care.

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Gigi..thx once again for your exellent input...much appreciated !

[kiss]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sparkle7:
Babesia is a parasite.

-
--of the BLOOD, not the gut

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

Same thing happened to me with testing. I carried actual parasites to GI doctor and family doctor...all tested negative.

My LLMD definitely believes in parasites and doesn't doubt me. Next time I visit her office, she wants me to bring a sample. She plans on taking it to her dog's vet for a visual! LOL!

I am still passing and treating parasites 9 months later. I treated with Albenza but feel like Parastroy works better.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi
I wonder if you have a source for information about how to use the tensor.and possibly purchase...I have been unable to find any english speaking sites ...wanting to learn muscle testing as I having to treat myself for Lyme/Babs with no MD or ND support
and would need a way to do the muscle testing myself

This is a new field for me and I know nothing about it.

thanks, B

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement