LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How to detox heavy metals ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to detox heavy metals ?
Marine6624
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marine6624     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for suggestions ?
Posts: 198 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting EDTA IVs twice a week. Some people really freak out with IVs though because they are stronger, so if youre a sensitive type maybe do oral pills of chelators.

It depends on which metals you have to determine the chelator you should use, so have your Dr check on that.

This can be dangerous too-- so I'd have your Dr work with you on it, and make sure they know what they're doing.

If you cant afford a Dr maybe look into natural chleators like cilantro. I don;t think they are as effective and prob take a lot longer. IV chelation is not cheap, I'm spending a lot, but I dont really feel like I'll be able to get better with those metals in my body upsetting everything else.

Make sure you have a test done, so you can monitor your progress. I tested in the normal range until I did an IV provocation test, then my numbers were off the charts-- so if your body can tollerate it I'd test via IV provocation.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't use cilantro in the beginning stages unless you have a doctor who tests you energetically.
Cilantro crosses the blood brain barrier and if you time it wrong, the metals may move in the wrong direction instead of out of the body.

Metal detoxing can take a few years, and if you have become allergic to them, all bets are off.
Read the Allergie Immun Germany thread to learn about it.

It took years to be come toxic. It will take years to get them out. But getting well without reducing the toxic load is impossible.

Tests are as inconclusive for metals as they are for Lyme. You may show none in a challenge test and still be loaded with them.

Symptoms are identical for all neurotoxins. Find a physician who can guide you. Also rule out KPU (lots of info on this board). 80% of Lyme people fall into that category and therefore are lacking the major minerals to detox metals at all. There is no detoxing of metals without an adequate mineral base. Do a Doctors Data hairtest for $46 and find out where you stand with toxic and essential minerals.

Again do not use cilantro until you understand what detoxing is all about. The gut has got to be cleared first before you can take agents that enter the brain.

Take care. Please read some of my posts.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know if you are allergic to the metals??

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wheatgrass you posted about earlier is supposed to help remove heavy metals.
Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

EDTA is okay for removing some lead. But it does not work well for mercury. Find a practitioner who has experience.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

To find out if you are allergic to anything, i.e. whether your body is able to regulate certain substances and deal with them, do the Allergie Immun test (test only). Then, when you find out what your body has "forgotten" to handle, you can decide to the treatment. Many of the problems are inherited. Please read the Allergie Immun thread and/or the Allergie Immun website (English version).

Take care.

Marine6624
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marine6624     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Runner , All the articles I have read about state that it does in fact remove/detox the body of heavy metals . I just started juicing again and my body is really reacting to the detoxing properties the wheatgrass possesses [Smile]
Posts: 198 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son's doctor recommended Metalloclear by metagenics, wondering if anyone has used it ?

He tested slightly high for mercury and lead with a urine challenge.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marine, that is great! I have also been into juicing. But I wish I knew about wheatgrass before I had Lyme. I'm glad the wheatgrass is working for you. It is some really powerful stuff! How much wheatgrass are you having a day? It is good to start slow
Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marine6624
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28052

I have 1oz in the morn. and 1oz in the afternoon . It gives me great energy and mental awareness , it is just something you can feel flowing through your body .
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been detoxing mercury for 34 months. Numerous heavy metal symptoms but my hair test came back clear. Then I finally found a doc that knew some people do not give up or excrete heavy metals.

Hair analysis only works if your body is giving up the heavy metals. Dr K has several slide shows on the topic and many doctors use his protocol.

I went with DMPS infusions, it is hard on some people but I tolerate it, I have had 18 or about one every 6 weeks.

I had my orginal DMPS doctors data test and results came back at 21.5 or 700 percent over the safe max. I waited until I got about 30 percent of my amalgams replaced before I started.

You can take DMSA and buy it on line. The Cutler Protocol can be found discussed in the Yahoo groups. Some of the lyme docs use less DMSA that Cutler, it can get confusing.

I also tried Mercout.com for a month. I need to retest to see where I am. Last test was 5 months ago I was at 11, so I am making progress.

After 2 1/2 years of detox and some symptoms getting worse I realized it was not only heavy metals (lead also elevated) so I did another search and wound up here.

Took the WB and looks like I am very late stage lyme (40 years).

I started the Buhner Protocol 5 weeks ago and look to add abx in June.

There are numerous approaches (zeolites, cilantro, and various herb mixtures) but some can be dangerous taken without good direction.

I tried a Chinese herb juice formula from a local Chinese herb doctor but found the DMPS chelation more effective.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MattH, I have never heard of mercout.com.
Is it a very costly programme? Did you have a good experience with the company and product?

Best Wishes,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My acupuncturist had a point which i want to bring forward.

According to him, the product he considered the most safe for heavy metal detox is called Metallo-Clear by Metagenics. He does not work for the company...

There's a reason for this. It's designed by a top notch physician/former NIH researcher to not only pull the metals out of the cells *slowly* (key to safety) but also, to support the production of liver enzymes which break down the heavy metals.

This is very, very important.

If you pull the metals out of the cells, what is to detoxify them?

Hence the phrase "Detoxification can be Retoxification" by Hal Huggins, DDS MS very well said.

I have not tried other methods and am merely passing on what my acupuncturist said, as best I understood him. Based on what I at least understood him to have said, I thought this made a lot of sense.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement