LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » still have thrush!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: still have thrush!!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well it looks like i'm going back to the doctor for this oral thrush. i just can't get rid of it.

it's a white tongue in the morning and furry. i don't have any chessy like clumps on it nor in my mouth, just the furry tongue.

now elavil does cause dry mouth and i sleep with my mouth open apparently.

i gargled with hydrogen peroxide this morning and it foamed really bad. did that mean anything? i also used a tongue scraper and got some white gooey stuff off it.

i hope he will give me diflucan as the liquid nystatin he gave me doesn't do a thing. in fact, i think it makes it worse.

got any ideas?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluemoon
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy gave me a coated furry tongue, wasn't thrush (was tested for candida, negative). I would scrape it with each brushing to keep it under control. Went away after stopping Doxy, though I still scrape daily.

As for scrapers, these type are the only kind that work
http://www.drugstore.com/breath-rx-tongue-scraper/qxp137749

The other types don't really do much in terms of scraping.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jernigannutraceuticals.com/Yeast-Ease_long_new.html

And tons of probiotics which you already know.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it doesn't say how to use it. how many drops in water?

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says on the bottle. I'm not at home to read it. I don't use it anymore but my wife, daisyrlb, does and it works great for her. I believe it's two or three droppers three times a day, but it could be less, or more. Best to get the 4 oz bottle. When I get home I'll tell you what the bottle says.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started brushing my tongue with GSE diluted in water-3 days later-it looks great!
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

beth, did you just drip the brush in the water? how much gse?

i gargled with that hydo peroxide and i was foaming like rabid dog!!! yuck....

am taking syntol twice a day and diet of course. i just hate going back to the doc and asking for diflucan again.

that cheapskate only gives out 3 pills at a time..

--------------------

chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here!

I've had the furry white tongue for years!

It went away with the first course of Nystatin and the Candida Diet but since then I haven't been able to get rid of it.

I ditto Bluemoon's suggestion for the tongue scraper. I have the same and it does a great job of removing the gunk.

Gary, what probiotics do you use?? I'm running out and wanted to see what to get next. I use Bio-k from Whole foods and another one from Ortho Biotics.

I've also garggle with salt and Oregano Oil drops in water similar to GSE and that works too.

But I can never get rid of the damn thing. Anyone have any suggestion how long to treat before it goes away?

Thanks

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast Cleanse by Solaray worked well for me.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i've tried practically all the over the counter and nothing has worked -- candex, candigone, yeast cleanse, candida abx, syntol, etc., nothing.

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hydrogen peroxide will always foam if you swish it, doesn't necessarily mean you have a yeast problem.

Is your tongue tingly, numb, or sore? I would think that it would feel irritated if it had yeast on it.

Maybe you could try using a different mouthwash to see if that will help. I like the Crest Pro Health clear mint mouthwash. It's active ingredient kills bacteria and yeast. It's not supposed to be as drying as an alcohol based mouthwash.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

quote:
Originally posted by chootik:

Gary, what probiotics do you use?? I'm running out and wanted to see what to get next. I use Bio-k from Whole foods and another one from Ortho Biotics.

Thanks

chootik,

My wife and I use Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion which has 50 Billion Cultures Per Capsule and 10 Strains of Microflora. We're happy with it.

I don't know that this is any better than what you're taking, or if it's any better than some other brands, but we've been taking it and feel it's been good for us.

Great reviews: http://www.vitacost.com/Renew-Life-Ultimate-Flora/?bv=product-_-4595-_-RLP-_-25668-_-description_link

Gary

gwb
Member # 7273

randibear, the Yeast Ease bottle says to take one dropper 3 times per day. My wife started with two droppers three times a day then went down to one dropper three times a week when the yeast started to go away.

Just depends on if she notices yeast coming on how much she uses. If it's bad then she takes two droppers 3 times daily. If it's mild, she takes one dropper three times a week. When there's no symptoms she'll take it once or twice a week as a precautionary measure.

When she isn't strict with her diet then she goes back on Yeast Ease and problem solved again. So, yeah, diet plays a big role too--as you already know.

There are two kinds of Yeast Ease. One has 20% ethanol in it, the other, Yeast Ease Plus no alcohol. It has organic raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in it. She takes this one because she prefers to avoid the alcohol.

If you have more questions you can pm her and she'll be glad to answer your questions. Her name here is daisyrlb.

Gary

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randi, remember this problems goes well beyond the tongue. You are dealing with the entire GI track.

Don't tell Tutu, but it might not be yeast? Could be it's some other nasty thing? But it's going to take time and lots of work to get rid of it.

If I remember correctly you have GI problems also?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement