LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » muscle pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: muscle pain
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have fibormylagia type pain from Lyme and Babesia. Im looking for the best type of pain reliever for this pain. I took Baclofen and that helped a little, Percocet really helps but its an opiate and I doubt anyone would rx it for me long term. What worked best for those of you with muscle pain from reallyyy tight muscles?
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello katrinab, I have also had pain similar to fibromyalgia pain for many years before receiving my lyme diagnosis. I used low dose nortryptyline/zoloft to help reduce nerve pain. Many people use cymbalta or lyrica. I can not imagine it is a great idea to utilize the habit forming pain killers often, so I avoided all of them. I also did many non pharmaceutical interventions which over time greatly helped. Pain management pt, warm water pt, medical massage every other week, very mild exercise/strength/stretching program, moist heat and ice, epsom salt baths and stretching, tai chi... there are also many fibromyalgia diets which have helped many people although I never had a chance to try them... I hope that gives you a place to start!
Posts: 109 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Flexeril

*High dose sublingual B12 as I've found my muscle pain (deep, aching and tight) actually stemmed more from damage to my nerves from lyme

* Whey protein isoloate

*at least 5,000 ius a day of Vitamin D

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding - Daily use of a rebounder (mini trampoline). The benefits are endless

Also, IV and IM magnesium sulfate (in addition to D and B vitamins)

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say flexeril too .. and Aleve if your stomach can handle it.

I take curcumin. Doesn't rock my world, but it helps.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesnt flexeril make you tired? i am tired all the time and i wouldnt want to make this symptom worse
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbiology
Member # 15839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbiology     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flexeril helped me for a while, then stopped working. Yes, it made me tired.

Exercise helps, even though it hurts to do it.

Magnesium and potassium are important.

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.+++
Diagnosed with Lyme in 2005. Suffered for years before that. Still treating/fighting it.
Son diagnosed with Lyme and Babesia in 2007. Son diagnosed with Asperger's in 2011.

Posts: 40 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for average joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flexeril can certainly make you tired as can many other meds. You pretty much have to decide which is more bothersome to you, the pain or fatigue.

I have the muscle pain as well along with severe joint pain, bone pain, ect. ect. Along with moderate to severe fatigue.

I have tried the nsaids which wreck my stomach. Have tried neurontin and cymbalta, both of which caused some unpleasant side effects. I absolutely refuse to even try Lyrica.

Best thing I've found so far`is MS-Contin. It is and extended release morphine tablet. Now don't get excited, morphine at low dosages is actually lower on the zombie list than the percocet you have taken.

I take the MS-Contin in the morning which takes the edge off the pain without causing any additional cognitive issues.

Now, the dosage I take will not get rid of all the pain but reduces it sufficiently so I can function reasonably well.

This is the only way I was able to return to work. I am grateful to my open minded family doc for prescribing this.

He doesn't know lyme at all but knows me well enough to realize if I have a complaint about something there is definately a reason for it. Basically he trusts what I tell him. I trust him and he trusts me, what a concept!

At night I take either a vicodin OR percocet ( I switch back and forth so my body doesn't have a chance to get used to one or the other) along with a flexeril.

Good luck with whatever you try. I hope that you are able to get rid of some of your pain so you can focus on other things in your life.

--------------------
If you play at the beach, expect to get some sand in your shorts [Smile]

Posts: 223 | From central pa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take the flexeril at night.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement