LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Vitamin D for Pain!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vitamin D for Pain!!!!!
Dave6002
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support-forums/general-support/3085057-vitamin-d-for-pain

Vitamin D for Pain!!!!!
09/28/2011 11:08 AM
Zsuzsanna

Send a PM
Give a Hug
Okay, I'm beside myself right now with excitement. Some of you may recall how many times I've been posting in frustration trying to find a way to
relieve my pain because I couldn't walk two feet without my feet and legs screaming at me.
Well, a friend of mine, a holistic practioner, has been healing from lyme as well. She had been very frustrated with the pain I've been experiencing
for months on end after Bartonella set it because nothing was taking care of it. Abx made it worse, and even the herbs weren't really kicking in.
One days she asks me out of the blue, how much Vitamin D do you take? I said, whatever is in my multi vitamins. Which is 1000 iu. You'd think that was plenty.
So she muscle tested me and said, Boy, you need to take at least 10,000 IU's. You're that low.
That day I ran to my HFS and picked up a liquid formula of D3. Within one week, I'm on my treadmill jogging four times a week and enjoy pain free
activities again. It's surreal! She wasn't surprised. She mentioned how Vitamin D and large amounts of vitamin C kickstarted her immune system
and brought her pain down. It's amazing how a simple supplement as this can make a world of difference in our pain levels.
I encourage you to research the many benefits that this has to offer. We are now saying farewell to summer so it's no doubt that we will be lacking
what our bodies need.
I'm just thrilled about how good I've been feeling lately. I will never take a pain-free day for granted. EVER!

09/28/2011 01:25 PM Top
PosionIvy

Send a PM
Give a Hug
Yay for you! I'm so happy you found relief! Keep jogging, Girl!
"I'm not a doctor, but I play one in my
real life"!!!

Previous discussions I participated in:
weird symptoms, not diagnosed, help please
Likely Lymes Patient
High Triglycerides with Lyme?

09/28/2011 07:23 PM Top
winters5

Send a PM
Give a Hug
I take 5000 daily of D3, but my pain has not decreased. My blood was at 11 and my doc said it should be around 55. My latest test was 43. I don't take vitamin C though, do you take it and how much? I'm trying to get rid of the bone pain and the muscle pressure...odd I know! Not to mention the feeling of wanting to crack every muscle/joint in my damn body!

Turmeric
what are some strong herbs that help with Lyme
Natural New Article on Lyme Disease 9/13/2011

09/28/2011 08:20 PM Top
RavenLunatic

Send a PM
Give a Hug
Winters5 -
If you are taking D3 & you still have pain (bone & muscle) you might want to look into endocrine issues, ie; adrenal &/or pituitary.
A simple test using an "adrenal boost" supplement, or even better yet "Horseradish Root" should help. If it does, make sure you bring this up to your LLMD. You need to get tested.
"The fire in your belly is the only pill you need"

Seems like I got Lyme :-(
does grapefruit seed extract kill lyme or co-infec
Love Fall, but don't like the way I feel

09/28/2011 08:31 PM Top
winters5

Send a PM
Give a Hug
Adrenal glands are tested by 24 hour urine right? How are pituitary glands tested. I can just go to my primary doc for these test...

Turmeric
what are some strong herbs that help with Lyme
Natural New Article on Lyme Disease 9/13/2011

09/28/2011 08:55 PM Top
RavenLunatic

Send a PM
Give a Hug
Yeah, you can have your reg. Dr. do the tests, if they're willing to. I didn't have a urine test done on me. My LLMD did blood work.
Cortisol & a F2 ACTH (plasma), I believe is what she ran. (not sure about the F2 being the right ACTH test though?)
"The fire in your belly is the only pill you need"

Love Fall, but don't like the way I feel

09/29/2011 08:34 AM Top
Polkahero

Send a PM
Give a Hug
My Vitamin D level was 29 back in June, definitely on the low side. I've been taking 1000 IU supplements every day since, I've been told I should be taking 5000-10,1000 IU instead. Then I hear stuff about the Marshall Protocol that says to starve your body of Vitamin D and I get confused. I've got 5000 IU capsules I could start taking, should I be starting these? Just remember what my former doctor told me:
"You can't metabolize Vitamin from the sun! It can only be absorbed through food or suppplements!" Yeah, right. . .
I got screwed by Lyme Disease!

Can I use Liver Cleanse pills with Doxycycline?

09/29/2011 09:07 AM Top
winters5

Send a PM
Give a Hug
I just got off the phone with my naturalpath...who told me not to take the 5000 iu of D3...she said no one should be on that much d3, cause it can cause bone and muscle pain. I'm actually injuring my bones! Especially she said if I'm not on Calcium with it. She is sending me something lower and the most pure thing on the market....and than she told me to get my levels checked again...so what the heck, I'll put the 5000 in the cabinet and do what she says...if she's wrong, than I know to go back on the d3 (which I ran out of 2weeks ago and my blood was 44 from 11)..

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you need it, an MD's high dose therapy can do wonders, even for sciatica.

m

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you need it, an MD's high dose therapy can do wonders???

Mo, I don't have a clue about what you said. Could you explain more? Thx

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it's working for you. I have been tested and my level was not low. But still I have been on 10,000 IU for months plus I sun bath in my birthday suit at least 2-3 times a week to no avail. [Frown]

I give my 6 years old 5,000 IU but it doesn't help her leg pain either. Sigh...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scorpio - are you guys monitoring your D blood levels every once in a while? Those are pretty high dosages...

It might be fine for you to be taking those dosages, but I would sure hope you're checking your numbers often.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

scorpiogirl, it's not me. Although I wish it were me.

I have painful palms and soles 24/7 and haven't found a way to relief the pains yet.

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave,
i mean if you test low, a GP can treat you with 50,000 units once per week for 6 weeks (short term) in order to effectively increase the level.

a deficiency can cause terrible spine/back/leg pain and more.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/929.html

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're only checking every 3 months... you know me I'm super anal about check all my organs! LOL

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Oh, Mo, I got it. Thx
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scorpio - Oops! Nevermind. You're way ahead of me! [Smile] I was just checking to be safe. Personally, I only check mine a couple of times a year, and sometimes my results are surprising. IF I ever took 10,000 a day for a prolonged period, most likely I'd be way over the top, even though I barely get anything from the sun up here.

A note to everyone about the high-dose prescription D that the doctors prescribe: They only use Vitamin D2, which is absorbed 70% LESS than over-the-counter vitamin D3. In other words, if the doctor gives you 100,000 IUs of D2, you would be absorbing the same amount if you had just taken 30,000 IUs of OTC D3.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 50,000 IUs of D per week. My doc says this is a safe amount.

Remember to not take D for 4 or 5 days before you get your D checked. This will give you a better read on what your D level actually is.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send a PM
Give a hug

interesting!! [lol]

I've been taking 5,000 a day for a year or so. Can't tell anything from it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you brought this to mind. I am getting blood work done and will ask to have my levels checked. I don't have pain but i know vitamin D is very important to immune function.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you have found relief for your pain...I, too, have the same pain you describe and have found relief from Vitamin D....As some on this board know, I've posted a number of journal articles etc regarding Vitamin D as it relates to pain relief, testing, and depression...

Also, you might want to look into B vitamins since it sounds like what you're experiencing is nerve pain....

So glad you found relief!!!!

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement