LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » yeast - thrush

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yeast - thrush
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i woke up this morning with the lovely feeling off severe dry mouth and my tongue glued to the top of my mouth.

Once I peeled my tongue off I saw the white on my tongue with bumps at the back...assuming thrush

does Dyflucan work best?

While waiting for Doc to call in - anything I can do? [confused]

Thanks....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DC - what abx are you taking and for how long?

I also have bumps on the back of my tongue. Some people say they're normal, but I think if they're extra large it's definitely abnormal. My LLMD told me mine were abnormal.

Is this the first time you're noticing your tongue is white?

There are tons of natural remedies. I've tried everything, and I can't say that anything has cured me.

Here's some things you could try:
-Lugol's iodine on the tongue
-Olive leaf complex
-coconut oil pulling
-rub 1 or 2 drops of grapefruit seed extract (be careful, it's very bitter)
-swish with salt water (or himilayan sole)
-swish with h2o2 3%
-swish with listerine
-follow strict diet
-chew xylitol gum
-swish with xylitol

I HIGHLY recommend getting and using a tongue scraper.

Also it's best to open probiotic pills in your mouth, or put a spoonful of kefir in your mouth every time you clean it. I put kefir in my mouth a few times a day - and DEFINITELY before sleep.

Good luck. Thrush is very difficult to get rid of if you're on abx. For me - I'd say it's impossible once it starts.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. Ditch your toothbrush or sterilize your old one

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A diflucan prescription is the best. But, you MUST stay strictly on the anti-yeast diet, or the diflucan will do no good.

Read the pages in Burrascano that tell you how to scrub it out of your mouth, then open a probiotic and sprinkle it on the tongue and let it dissolve there for a long, long time.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear this!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elainer97
Member # 33917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elainer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had thrush 1 time and used the nasty liquid nystatin for about 5 unbearable days, I gag just remembering...

Couldn't take it anymore (plus I saw NO improvement even after 5 days!) and found Twin Labs Yeast Fighters at the health food store.

Second day on yeast fighters I saw much improvement and I think it only took 6 days to clear it completely.

But I was not on antibiotics when I took it so that might make some difference. And you have to drink plenty of water. I don't think I even took the full dosage the whole time.

Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what the doc called in - Nystatin..

it is so tasty - i can hardly wait til the next dose!

I will keep in mind, Elaine, the yeast fighters.

Thank you...

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the liquid contains sugar.. go figure

Mycelex lozenges are also good but contain some sugar. At least they taste good!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement