LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Undiagnosed and looking what will help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Undiagnosed and looking what will help
TheGee44
Member # 34394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheGee44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

I have a LONG story. I am looking for any suggestions on homeopathic help....vitamins I should be taking, probiotics? What to stay away from both food and medicine wise.

I am trying to save money to get to an LLMD and igenex.

Right now, I am being treated for a staph infection of my skin. I have been on rifampin and doxy for the past 2 weeks and feel TERRIBLE! I take no vitamins as of right now. My funds are BEYOND limited.

ANY help is welcome!

Thx you all for being here!

--------------------
Looking for answers and support! Can't wait to get better and SPREAD THE WORD!

Posts: 26 | From San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first slightly coat gut with applesauce or cracker, light and cheap ,whenever you take the rifampin,,,some something..even though it says not,,,BUT on the Doxy for sure have something in your tummy..

I'm new at thia , but on this site is a Amazon spot to purchase. I think on left side of page.....It might help with so supplements being cheaper.

Still make sure good quality...

Make triple sure you are putting probioticsin /all are not the same strain and numbers///.get the best for your buck...If you have good insurance and met your deductable. The doc can give you a script for VSL#3 probiotics like in the 90 billion range and several in the combo. The powdwer has the biggest bang fo buck...But If insurance won't cover this is way pretty costly.

Drink Kefir away from when taking Rifampin

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye the way the above comments are only opinions

You didn't mention are you just thinking you might have a spirockeet(wrong SP? for sure) event going on or could it be something else

I'm sure with
MRSA they have you starting off pretty strong meds. So you'd feel crappy cause of that .

Do they know how you got MRSA?

WEll, happy you found your way to this site, it's been very helpful. But also sorry you need to be here.. [Eek!] [confused] [dizzy] Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGee44
Member # 34394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheGee44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx Nonna! My derm and the pharmacist didn't mention ANYTHING about taking the meds with or without food! Just that I shouldn't lay down for an hour after the doxy.

My GP will write a script for NOTHING...yes I am switching at the first of the month.

I am pretty sue this is it. I called igenex about testing and they said to wait until I am 10 days off the antibiotics.

The derm just said I must have picked up the MRSA "somewhere", but honestly, he's the only dr listening to me.

I know as a child I had a couple ticks removed and believe I was reinfected recently. I am an avid camper/boater and never used any products to deter them.

I am also having neurological symptoms that my GP, a derm, a rheumatologist, an ENT, a psych, and gastroentologist (all if which I am seeing for various ailments) can't explain!

The frustration is building...they all think I am nuts!

Thank you so much for your input!

Gee

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might like the book Healing Lyme by Stephen Buhner. He's an herbalist and has a lot of recommendations in it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, check out taking antiparasitic herbs such as Parastroy or Hanna Kroeger Wormwood combo. Do a search here on parasites and the role they play in Lyme disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy is used to treat lyme and rifampin is used to treat bartonella .. a coinfection of lyme which you may also have.

So.. in short... you could be (and probably ARE) "herxing" on those meds. That means you will feel worse!! (but keep going!)

Take doxy in the middle of a meal... and yes, do not lie down for an hour after taking it.

take tons of probiotics two hours away from antibiotics

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGee44
Member # 34394

Thank you! Can you recommend a probiotic that is reasonable in cost and that i can get a walmart type store. My driving is limited.
Since I am still undiagnosed, I have questions about other meds I am on and if they may be doing more harm than good. I take neurontin for what I now know is NOT fibromyalgia, seroquel and Valium for anxiety. Are those harmful?

One more question....I have a colonoscopy on Monday....he is planning to sedate me and I have to drink the stuff they give you. Is all of this safe? I feel so sick and week right now!

Thx

--------------------

TheGee44
Member # 34394

Thank you! Can you recommend a probiotic that is reasonable in cost and that i can get a walmart type store. My driving is limited.
Since I am still undiagnosed, I have questions about other meds I am on and if they may be doing more harm than good. I take neurontin for what I now know is NOT fibromyalgia, seroquel and Valium for anxiety. Are those harmful?

One more question....I have a colonoscopy on Monday....he is planning to sedate me and I have to drink the stuff they give you. Is all of this safe? I feel so sick and week right now!

Thx

--------------------

TheGee44
Member # 34394

Is it possible to have bartonella and not just strait Lyme with no co infections?

--------------------

Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probiotics aka acidophilus. They promote a Healthy Digestive tract. This has the properties to replace good flora. Hence a healthy GI tract aborbs the meds, the food, and promotes a better over all absorbancy of the vitamins etc...

Ive been taking them for over 6 yrs and let me tell you I've. Tried many many and some can be expensive. OTC they can be 1 billion - 25 billion at time they were filled by the Co. There are lots that require refrigeration, aka Danans Yogart that has 5 just 5.

I buy mine at Walgreens, their brand "Finest Natural" Probiots 10 Billion. They are alphabetized The Box is usually on the bottom shelf. Contains 60 softgels for $15.00.
Always take with food as in close to half of your meal. You will see great improvement with in 3-4 days.

Your results will be on taking them at the same every day. I have not missed a single day. And I'm known to take 2 a day but not at the Same time. It's a judgement call. I have guide lines regarding food intake. I also drink Lactade Milk. I believe Cows Milk is for baby cows.

Best of Learning for your research and don't get disappointed.
So hang on and find a On line for testimonials. They are out there.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement