LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Where to apply Estradiol Cream.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to apply Estradiol Cream.
LBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD prescribed me 4 hormones: aldosterone (Flornif), Testosterone cream, estradiol cream, and prometrium tablet.

I am only deficient in aldosterone. He prefers his patients to be on the higher end of the hormone ranges.

I am age 34.

No instructions came with the estradiol cream as to where to apply it. I apply the testosterone to my shoulders.

Please share any advice you have. Thanks.

--------------------
Tick Bite: March 2011
ABX Treatment: August 2011
Diagnosed: September 2011

Posts: 137 | From God's Got This! | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
While some say to apply to the inner arm, if you hold young children, I think that should be avoided as any contact, skin to skin, others can absorb your medicine.

Same with men and any hormone creams they use. Children can overdose on hormones just from hugging those with medicine creams. It has happened.

Even grown women and men who use hormone creams need to be clear on how to avoid transfer with each other if in intimate relationships.

But, back to children: Their bodies are not intended to receive even what might seem like minute amounts - of any medicine that is applied topically or where a medicine patch has recently been removed.

Always wash hands to prevent the transfer of medicine to others (or to your eyes).

Here are just two links from a search:

===================================

http://www.womentowomen.com/bioidentical-hrt/faq-estradiolgel.aspx

Women to Women site:

Hormone replacement therapy

How often should I use my estradiol gel product, and where should I apply it?

Q: I was recommended to use a topical gel form of estradiol, but I�m not sure how often is too often to use it, or where I should apply it for the best effects. Does it make a difference where I use it?

A: Topical estradiol products (gels, mists, creams) are typically applied once or twice daily.

The makers of Estrogel, Estrasorb, Divigel, Elestrin, and Evamist all suggest applying the product on the arms.

Estrogel can also be applied to the thighs.

The main reason these sites are recommended is because that is where they were used during the product studies; it doesn�t mean they won�t work if applied elsewhere, only that these sites are known to be effective, whereas others have not been studied.

Out of an abundance of caution, topical hormones should never be applied to the breast or skin that is irritated, and most of these products are not designed to be applied to the genitals.

============================

http://www.sharecare.com/question/how-i-use-estradiol-gel

From the ShareCare / Walgreen�s site:

Estradiol gel comes in small packets (Divigel) or a pump (Elestrin, EstroGel).

Each Divigel packet contains one dose. Break open a packet and apply the gel to either your left or right upper thigh. Make sure your skin is clean and dry.

Alternate thighs to avoid skin irritation.

Wash your hands after application. Follow all label instructions. When using Elestrin, which is estradiol gel in a pump, prime the pump (10 depressions) before the first use.

Discard any of the unused gel that is released during priming.

Apply one pump of gel per day (0.87 grams/day) to the upper arm. Never apply to the breast or in or around the vagina. Allow the gel to dry for five minutes or more before dressing.

Try to keep the area dry for as long as possible.

Do not apply sunscreen to the area where the gel was applied for at least 25 minutes or where the gel was applied for seven or more consecutive days.

Wash hands after application . . . .

=====================

Of course, you dose is individualized, as per your doctor�s advice.

You might also want to call your doctor to see what is the preferred place.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement