LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » amalgam fillings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: amalgam fillings
jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that this is such a hot button issue on here, but I want to chime-in and say that I had some amalgam fillings removed today, and the effects were shockingly acute and immediate (i.e. I was still in the dentist chair).

Other people may not be so lucky, and very likely will not enjoy such a fast and dramatic improvement as I did today (if at all). But if one can swing it, I can recommend to everyone that they give it a go, because it might well be a major roadblock to success.

As a resource, read the following article, printed in the Chicago Tribune, just this past Sunday:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/newsworldnation/942061-227/fda-eyes-mercury-fillings-safety.html

It offers some very compelling arguments, and folks may want to rush to their dentists after reading this.

Best wishes to everyone, not just with this, but with the full recovery process. Keep trying everybody, keep looking for answers when they're not there for you... :-)))

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Placebo maybe?

Can you describe your immediate response and/or effects?

Removing amalgams can leech mercury into the system, suppressing the immune system, thus suppressing inflammation, and thus possibly making you feel better instantly.

They used to treat Syphillis WITH mercury for that very reason.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm....interesting comments....

I'm can describe the feeling as having an emotional/neurological stressor lifted off of me immediately. I felt very loose all over, and a **humongous** sense of relief! :-)

They were very careful in the removal of the fillings, of course, using a dental "dam" for that purpose.

Perhaps there is something to what you are saying. Perhaps that was all that happened. I think that the next days and weeks will offer the ultimate answers, i.e. to see if the improvement continues and sustains (God I hope so!!!) :-)))

I am going back to have the other three quadrants of my mouth worked on, within the next week to 10 days (not advisable to do them all in one sitting, which makes sense)...

Perhaps we are both "right"....who knows, as these diseases are sooo individualized....

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am scheduled to have my amlagams out in February. i am currently working on detoxing with chlorella and erchonia laser treatments and homeopathic remedies. I know the chlorella is pulling aton of stuff out of me...everyonw i have asked who has lyme has had their amalgams out and feels better for having done it...as long as its done the right way and the mercury is mopped up.
I am also having cavitations treated two weeks after the mercury removal with NICO-uses ozone to kill bacteria and viruses stored there.... I am waiting for February when I can safely do the procedure-one for cost reasons...and two so I can more likely have the Vit c IVs afterwards nad not have bad gut reactions...
I hope I have the same experience as you.
So far even this last month's chelation seems to be improving my mood, my energy level and reducing the pain in my liver and gut. I have been able to reduce my anxiety levels too.
It can't be good to have mercury in us.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the fillings were an emotional burden (probably caused by your knowledge of the potential harm mercury can have on the body)

Removing them got the monkey off your back [Big Grin]

Either way congrats and a good decision.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband also had an immediate reaction when he had his fillings removed. The dentist said it happens. Between the mercury and electrolytes in your mouth you create an electrical field. This interferes with your brains electrical field. In some people removing the mercury has an immediate effect on their emotions.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do they replace them with? I've had fillings other than amalgams which eventually led to more decay and one root canal and a two crowns.
Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement