LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ivermectin and do we all herx? Not me and its working!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ivermectin and do we all herx? Not me and its working!
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 7 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poll - How long it took you to herx on Ivermectin ?

For those on or have taken drug would like to hear about dosage and timeframe and when and how herx reactions occurred. As well what you did to clear it and was it same type of herx you have felt in past or different ? Did you stop med to clear herx or not?

Any other useful info to share for drug neewbies

Thanx

[ 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: springshowers ]

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

Today I went to my naturopath's office and discussed ivermectin a bit with him. He said it works very well in some cases. He mostly deals with cancer so I didn't press him further. Apparently people take it and they feel better which appears to let the body heal more effectively.

Today I got an email from a woman on the low dose naltrexone Yahoo group. I'd asked whether anyone with lyme had been helped. Here is her response:

I have Lyme and took doxy for 4 months alongside LDN with great results. As all us Lymies know, even when symptoms are better, Lyme isn't always gone from your body, however so far I am feeling super, better than I have in a decade. Give it a try.

My out-of-state LLMD has been treating me for lyme but I asked my naturopath whether he had a plan for dealing with lyme. He said there are a couple of female naturopaths in Chicago that are having success with it and that he will look into their protocol for me.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ivermectin and LDN are super different types of drugs for very different types of things.....I'm actually kinda confused how they are related?

I've taken both. LDN at the begining of my illness to see if it would help improve CFS symptoms and it didnt really help at all, and now Ivermectin to as part of a parasite treatment.

Ivermectin is used often with cancer patients as their immune systems are so low that they are also highly susceptible to parasites.

Spring showers--- I'm only on day 4...or 5 with the Ivermectin and I'm not herxing much at all. Small change in bowel habits and more tired but nothing major. PM me....Dr K's protocol recommends you take another prescription at the same time as the Ivermectin, i think thats important too (u prob already know that :-)).

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken plenty of anti-parasiticals during my Lyme years, including Ivermectin, Pamoate, Albendaole, Biltricide, and Alinia --- never had a reaction that I would call a herx or bad reaction. I hardly felt them. My hunch is if you don't feel too chipper when doing them, it is that much more important to treat the parasites.

You cannot get well without treating parasites, and it should be done very early before many other protocols. Search for my "Babuschka Principle" post. It explains it. Here it is:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/101357?

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotten a bit of a headache, not terrible, perhaps within 12-24 hours, on these types of meds. Don't remember if I had that with ivermectin, though. I do remember biltricide doing that.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the dosage, but I took both Ivermectin and Alinia. The Ivermectin was tougher, had lots of stomach pain, and the Alinia just made me feel kind of yucky.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was taking Parastroy for a while. Maybe 6-9 months prior. Before that I took various herbal anti-parasite combos & Humaworm. So, all in all, I was treating for about a year & 1/2.

I had some kind of extreme bowel movements about 3 days in to taking the ivermectin with praziquantel (horse paste). I had some stomach gurgling, too. Not too bad, though.

I added pyrantel pamoate & started alternating the ivermectin with praziquantel. One day both, one day one or the other, one day nothing for about 3 weeks as per dowsing. The day after I added the pyrantel - I saw about 10 worms that looked like roundworms or hookworms in the toilet.

So, after doing the herbs for a long time - I still had stuff that needed to be treated. Everyone is different. I think it depends on how infested you are. The anti-parasite treatments - either drugs or herbs - have been the most insightful for me. I had no idea...

I never "herxed" on the antibiotics. I took then for at least 9 months. Just my experience. I have seen things that look like flukes, threadworms, various eggs & who knows what in my bowel movements. It was definitely not just food remains or mucoid plaque...

I think you really have to look at what comes out - even though it's not plesant. I don't think the testing is accurate & it's best to just look at what comes out right after it happens.

Dr. K says the parasite remains decay within 20 minutes of the bowel movement. Seems eyeballing is best if you know what you are looking for. Not everything is something parasite related, though. I guess it takes some time studying & practice.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't some of these anti-parasitic pharmas hit bartonella (Ivermectin) and Babesia (Alinia) too?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to PM you about Ivermectin, can't get in touch with you ???????
Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also tried to pm you, are you still there?
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can PM me...I'll be happy to get info..Thanks Nonna
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI there.. I forgot people are not supposed to post dosages? Is that why everyone is saying to PM them?
Working on clearing out my messages but should be working.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spring..thanks for reminding me of the policy.

I can only tell you that my daughter herxed hard. It was a different reaction from any other drug.

Someone mentioned stomach pain. My daughter had that, but it passed.

What we noticed, after many powows witht he doc, is that it hit the organisms hiding in the tissues.

So, if you ever had IBS or stomach problems, it will go to those tissues.

My daughter's herxing seemed to go for the places where she got her first illness symptoms.

For her, it was digestive, then brain. Now, it's hitting her hands.

I can tell you that I have seen a brightness return to her eyes that I have not seen in seven years. She woke the other morning and was laughing to the morning radio crew.

It comes in waves. She has had to start with microscopic dosage and pulse. So, as she increases, she gets hit.

Have you started it yet?

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI.

I asked this question because I was afraid of the big herx and yet I have not had a big herx
But i am feeling better and better in layers as well like your daughter. I see it going to places where nothing as before and reversing things.

For me who has herxed severel y on every last thing except mepron.. Ironically... I was reluctant.

I am hopeful and but not to get ahead of the game and assume. But if this continues this can be the key for this protozoan which seems to be the hardest thing to treat by far for me.

I have been on it for about two months now and moving up in dose.

SO glad your daughter is responding and its nice to hear the words brightness in her eyes.

I have been told the same that my skin and eyes look different and clearer and more healthy ..and I am waking up feeling like a different person and I am just kinda going day by day thinking wow is this possible.?

I will say that leaving my home six months ago also took a big burden off my body and it was fighting against some enviromnetal issue I think. I was battling it hard and to keep gains in my treatment was a huge struggle as I had that issue to combat and push against me.

That is gone now too.. i feel quite free.

I feel Like I can treat this disease and I had not felt this way before. I used to be so jealous of those would sounded as if they could treat themselves and get a result or feel better or not go through so much severe herx and pain just to come out the others side no better off..

I am so grateful and my life and body is transforming. Its been a process over the past two years I think and this med has come at the perfect time to scope up and get into and at that bug that has buried itself in me that i was not able to get..

!!! : )

manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Springshower I Pm you.Do you still have twitches ?
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely herx after day two . Then, I felt much better . I have taken it 5 days and have NO TWITCHING . NONE . Very unusual.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers , I believe you . Are you comfortable sharing your approach to this "experiment " , how you are specifically doing it .
How long did you try it before noticing you were feeling better ?

Thank you !

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son just started ivermectin last night. Today he is very emotional. He tends to cry at the slightest thing when on parasite meds. Tonight I will add in pyrantel. We were told to take those together. Is anyone else taking those together?

I have also not given him the full dose yet. Glad to hear others have had to ramp up. My son is very sensitive to herbs/meds.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a rollercoaster feeling with this drug. Feels great one minute, really bad the next.

The herx for her hit hard at week four.

Glad you are not hit hard. My daughter was told she was one of the sickest of the patients on it and will take much longer to work up to a theraputic dose.

So...as long as she still moves forward, there is hope.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Can't post the dosing and such I guess but everyone's different

I find now that I did avyears hard workmon detox unchanged my body tremendously and if I took this med prior to that it could be a completely different story and I am positive I would not be tolerating it as I am

So I encourage everyone I know yo push your limits on detox and never underestimate it's power and importance in treating this disease.

Without it o believe you just pile up mire and mire in yourself of toxins and all the stuff that should be going out just builds up to make you sicker and sicker Then you get discouraged and don't even have a chance to know if something is working at all a big waste of time and money and energy and also feeling worse all the time thinking it's just a herx yo get through

I know I must not be the only one who has had or has that scenario and problem and I say. Don't give up
It tool me a long tine to realize and then to know how to fix it and it's not just what you do but how and I think most of us think we are doing enough but for me it was not near enough .
So now I can handle treatments and it's like night and day !

Such as this medication.
Amazing

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Re :Ivermectin

There is a protol for parasites posted at Curezone - and personal experiences . I think member "ICU " started a thread. There is a lot of info on all of the particulars , dosage etc...

Also, if you google :"ivermectin lyme disease "
"Ivermectin lyme disease Europe "
"Lyme disease parasites Dr. Eva Sapi"
" Lyme roller coaster ivermectin "
"Jenna's lyme blog "

you will find anecdotal info that suggests this has inded helped some others and it is being used in other countries .

I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING . Do your own research and make your best educated choice .

Apparently , Dr Eva Sapi states, parasites are a significant issue , and the ticks she studies often are infected w/ worms . This might explain why a million ABX will never cure some of us .

Hopefully we learn more as people post their experiences .
Blessings to all , and thanks to showers for sharing !

--------------------
annxyzz

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the occassion to e-mail Dr. Sapi and asked her why her findings on Filarial Worms being in a large perecentage of the ticks she discovered while dissecting them was not being made more public.

She e-mailed me back and said it was because the findings needed to be published first in order to be recognized. REALLY??

In the mean time chronically ill people with Lyme are being given yrs of abx and not antiparasitics. Unbelievable.!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers could you share or pm me some of your detox methods? I cannot stop herxing on abx and feel i am getting nowhere.
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi I just put up to the top the Detox Support Thread gigi.

take a look

here is the link as well

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/92530/2?

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will check it out, thank you springshowers!!
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement