LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stomach Issues - Is it my Imagination?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stomach Issues - Is it my Imagination?
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think I'm losing it. I mentioned I have had endless issues with my stomach..bad pressure / discomfort on my left side under my rib cage. No huge pain, but pressure.

Always feel full. Feels like food doesn't digest well. Rumbling sensations, trouble breathing, etc.

I had a colonoscopy yesterday. Easiest procedure ever. Came back PERFECTLY NORMAL. Had my annual physical last week....everything PERFECTLY NORMAL. Normal Vit D, Vit B, etc.

Every tests is always normal. It's getting absurd. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just over sensitive and feel things normal people don't. [Frown]

My results indicate I'm too healthy to be sick. lol. I'm 100+ lbs overweight. Maybe that's the total issue and I'm chasing ghosts that aren't there. When is enough enough?

I'm not a believer in the theory Lyme / infections makes one overweight honestly. I read it here a lot, but don't buy it much. Except for inability to exercise. That's a big issue and I acknowledge it. It affects me badly.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chastain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi seekhelp...i can so relate to you! my colonoscopy did show inflammation and so did my upper endoscopy, but i was told the inflammation was insignificant and too minor to cause my symptoms. i have so many of your symptoms. one suggestion-have you had a gastric emptying study? that was the test that really showed how sick i was. if you have delayed gastric emptying, you can have many of these symptoms.

YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!!i promise! btw, i agree that lyme and coinfections dont necessarily make someone gain alot of weight. i am currently severely underweight from being sick and i know part of the reason is i just dont eat enough. i think part of the reason why anyone is overweight is that they just dont eat well, or they eat foods that exacerbate the inflammitory conditions that predispose them to weight gain in the first place.

thats not to blame myself for my weight loss or someone else for their weight gain-but it does mean that we should try to control every aspect of our health that we can, and that includes gaining weight in my case and losing weight in others.

my current llmd says 90 percent of weight problems can ease by eating the right foods FOR YOU-whether that be low carb, low sugar, high protein ,etc. sorry to go on a rant, but its refreshing to hear someone express something i believe is true as well.

anyway, please ask your dr for a gasric emptying test. it could provide you with some much needed answers, and further bolster your certainty in your lyme diagnosis-gastroparesis is pretty common with lyme. best of luck in your journey to health. love jess

Posts: 651 | From ct | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, I actually did have a gastric emptying scan early this year. It was normal according to the doc. However, I believe my stomach actually emptied very EARLY compared to baselines. All he cared about was me having delayed emptying and said I was totally normal. I never had gastric bypass or anything, but the report said could be consistent with 'dumping syndrome.' Apparently, it was of no concern to him.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Oh and if I had roundworms/tapeworms/whatever, why wouldn't my GI doc have seen them when he did my colonoscopy? I guess that idea is out the window.
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We talked about the parasites not showing up on colonoscopies a few weeks ago. A couple/few of us thought they wouldn't show up as everything has just been cleaned out. There is no food there to make the parasites/worms want to be there at the moment. They do hang out in other places of the body too, by the way, not just the intestines/colon. I had a couple of clean colonoscopies before treating for parasites and seeing significant sized worms coming out in the toilet.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Yeah, that's a good point Michael about the cleanout. Should've thought of that. [Smile] Thanks.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Oh and if I had roundworms/tapeworms/whatever, why wouldn't my GI doc have seen them when he did my colonoscopy? I guess that idea is out the window.

I had an upper endcoscopy and a colonoscopy and none of the parasites showed up. Some of the worms attach and have to be killed to get them to let go. Plus, the worms are in the small intestine, so the two procedures don't go there.

BTW, my pain like you're describing was related to my spleen.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto to the endoscopy. colonoscopy not showing parasites. Plus they never showed up in my O & P tests and as you know I was loaded with creatures from the Blue Lagoon.

Google parasites + weight gain.

GiGi has posted that we can have as much as 12 lbs of parasites in the G.I. track. I would treat them with a vengence if I were you, especially since you tested positive for tapeworm and roundworm. [Smile]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go off DAIRY .. and while you're at it, go off gluten and starchy carbs.

I had horrible pain on left side. Would wake up with such "rib pain" I could not stay in bed.

Went off dairy per muscle testing .. no more pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Lymetoo, been off dairy and gluten for 3.5 years now. [Smile] My family HATES it. They want me back on and tell me daily how useless it is. From what I can tell, it has been no help from a symptom side. Who knows.
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you take any digestive enzymes?
Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I used to, but stopped a long time ago. I may re-start. A chiropractor swore via muscle testing my body does not digest food and it just rots in my stomach causing issues. BUT, all vitamin blood testing is normal so it would seem I do digest it. Not sure.
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning I noticed my husband's stomach looked more bloated than usual. I didn't say anything until he commented " my gut feels like I ate something dead"

He ran out of enzymes and HCL. We have an order coming, but had to wait till after LLMD visit to see how much money was left to order supplements.

Might be worth a try to take enzymes again.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there--
So I have the most ridic digestive system ever and have gone through every test ever. That feeling that youre talking about, is it provoked by eating?

Do you feel like its your digestion, or a pain in your abdomen...? How are your bowel habits? A lot of people think they are not constipated but are. You might want to get an enema bag and see how water or coffee enemas effect the pain, just as a test.

I used to have a constant "full" feeling, and feeling mostly puffy on the sides of my stomach (think ascending and descending colon). The only thing that helped at all was thryoid meds. Even though my TSH was normal-- and optimal, my Free T3 was low-ish...not even super low. Most Drs wouldnt treat it, but it has helped a lot.

As for weight. Start to track your calories. Its a pain in the butt, but for me its the only way to really realize how much I'm eating. I was a high level athlete before I got sick so I never had to be super strict with my food, and its been such a struggle for me to really keep my weight. So i track and weigh, track and weigh....Sighhh

Totally agree with "eat whats best for YOU". I hate it, but I simply cannot have any grains or starches, or dairy. I will immediately put on weight.

HUGS! and good luck!

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what is wrong with your stomach but I really don't think it is your imagination. But, if you want to rule that out too, there's a saying in the recovery communities that goes like "fake it til you make it".

I caution you though not to ignore your instincts that tell you something is wrong though all the tests say otherwise.

May you find comfort quickly.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement