LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can parasites look like coffe grounds?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can parasites look like coffe grounds?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure if they are coming from vagina or urine

i used a antibiotic vaginal cream prescribed by doc. she said it was not yeast it was bacterial.

i cant remember the last time i had trouble with this part of body and i never had this dx

the first day was fine.

the second day all day long everytime i peed i saw what looked like coffee grounds on paper after wiping (sorry-i cant believe i'm even writing this)-but i searched and only found one reference of something similar...seek wrote a yr agao that massman was getting tiny red dots out of urine...mine are black or brown and related to this med i'm using vaginally so not sure if the things are at all related

i have lots of the other kinds of worms you guys describe but i often just think it is undigested food or mucous. this is very very different.

anyone know what it is?

i cant believe im writing this...but then icant believe im experienciing it---and i know there are experts here with advice. thanks.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dried blood can look like coffee grounds.
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hambone is correct that coffee grounds can look like dried blood, however, it sounds more like eggs or some other parasite.

I have seen eggs coming from that area yrs ago and they were bigger and more beige. I have also seen the red dots as massman described in the toilet, but they were not tiny, and I know they were eggs. Better out than in as the saying goes.

I suspect that most of us that are chronically ill, are much more loaded with parasites than we believe. Getting rid of them will leave the opening to get rid of the other infections.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought black specs in toilet discharge was bacterial leaving/die off.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i amfamiliar with the kind of stool that looks like coffee grounds from blood...like a surgery gone wrong...it is quite distinctive and this was def not that

i'm of course also aware of different blood things in both vag and urine-but there there has always been at least a tinge of red...

what happened to me yesterday was different---it went on for over 12 hrs...

then today nothing so far. i have to use the cream 2 more days so we'll see

thanks for answers-i wonder if anyone else has experienced these...wonder what they are

actually...once in awhile at the end of the day there was a bigger one and instead of looking round it was more oval or even longish...like itty bitty baby worm...

i cant find my microsope right now but am trying to save a few to look at later

thanks again

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clotting and other things can cause this effect - especially if there is any epithelial cells from the wall of the bladder or urethra . Jumping to parasites is not beneficial.

Bring the sample to a parasitologist or other individual specifically learned in visual appraisal and possessing the ability to sequence it genetically, if you believe parasites may be involved, but until one of those two conditions are met be wary.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

surprise-i didnt see what you wrote

that would make sense cuz doc said she saw bacteria under microscope as part of dx and cream is antibacterial-not fungal

just never experienced this b4 and ive been a lady a long time

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement