LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anybody really have malaria/Srirochete bugs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anybody really have malaria/Srirochete bugs
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 8 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to find out if anybody has a mixed issue , like Malaria, Shyp, Brucellosis...just to see if there's a cross over problem.

Just trying to figure out what else might be involve...Spirochete illness'

I asked ID doc 3 years ago to check for these and they won't give me an answer...

Anybody else maybe have other ,similar things going on.

I tested twice pos. for Brucellosis...Then they said no..

Please chat here or if private PM

Thanks, Nonna

[ 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up, please or does this just sound like hitting wall with trying to figure out what else to do or get checked??
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some the big name LLMD's are now saying that some tickborne patients that just can't seem to get well also have brucellosis.

If you have that infection I think the most common drugs to treat it is a combo of 3 meds -- doxy, rifampin and maybe flagyl. There is a real long post on brucellosis in the archives somewhere. Hopefully a search can locate it.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If you are being treated for Babesia, that generally covers malaria.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now....how to figure out what to do with info,,,,,,,,,Make appt with ID with some back ground???
Pay for call to ask LLMD about it?? I just saw him , so it would be a charge....Although I had told him at the very first that happened.....

.Just shut up and try this Bactrim ,which I might be allergic to, HOPE NOT>and see what happens.

I know I need to cover some basis,I feel it, just takes everything to get out and see doc.

Keebler malaria covered? I thought Syphilis was a basic drug.. Not saying I have it, but it's spirochetes ..

I wish the ID doc would just answer if they tested or not.. It shouldn't be that difficult to answer.. I had asked for any Spiro. test cause already had the brucellosis come up..

Maybe it does that same testing issue as this other stuff ,depends on what part of cycle and drugs in you....

Now I've come up with the high Virus numbers CFS, EBV,Mono.....I guess that's a Turkey shoot also.

Thank you for your help. I'm actually surprised
anyone had heard of the Brucellosis.

3 Dr.s didn't know what it was , 1 wouldn't take test cause was to impossible.
Other ID 'S said wasn't antibodies. Yet one doc tested twice and got positive ,said that it had to be around to get that result....

I'm tired , but I ramble on,,,,,Sorry, Nonna

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Chronic Brucella, the LLMD tested for it, found it and is treating it. My former ID Dr would have never thought to test for anything odd.

I would give up on ID Dr's unless you have a disease that they understand and will treat properly.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have brucella as well. My LLNP randomly tested for it because she heard Dr. H talk about it.

The treatment is similar to bart and stmptoms are similar to babs, so everyone should ask to be tested.

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What symtpoms of brucella do you have and what lab is good for testing?
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually all my labs and positive tests came from a local hospital lab. Albany medical center. I never used a specialty lab.

I'm not really sure which symptoms go with brucella, because I also have ehrilicia, RMSF, both strains of bart, brucella abortus which is the strain that comes from cattle, and maybe babesia.

In Dr. H's speech at the conference he said the symptoms resemble babesia because of the night sweats. When you research it, the symptoms are almost the same the rest of them. Everything overlaps, it's so hard.

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Aperture, which test??? basic or antibodies Igm stuff??

First doc who did basic test twiv=ce said positive,, then after that other ID docs set out to check with spinal tap,blood, atibodies etc...this was after lot's of ABX....

Yes symptoms overlap...But On one site it mentioned a weird body oder other than reg, BO whensweats come , They called it kinda hay smell... I had that.

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nonna05,

It was the Brucella Antibody test, IgG and IgM. Both were high. My LLMD said "this is not due to cross-reactivity, you have Brucella". It had to be reported to the Health Dept because it's a reportable disease in KY.

My test came from hospital lab too. I think they sent it off to ARUP lab in Utah.

My LLMD and now the ID (go figure) believe it is a chronic case. I was around cows when I was younger. We played with them like they were pets. Apparantly, my immune system kept it at bay for years, but couldn't anymore.

However, I would not doubt one bit that this can also come from ticks, or something else. It's weird that people are testing positive, yet mainstream Dr's don't even think to test for it.

I'm on Doxy and Rifampin. That's the Brucella treatment. These meds also hit Lyme and Bart.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

tried these meds, helped at first...then Summer 2010 ID and RA ordered steroid shots for back and hips and eveything bad in my system busted loose.

. Not been same since.. I don't think IgG IgM were there .But not know if that works like these Lyme infections with things not showing on blood work.

I'm told this LD & Co's, take time to treat.. It's just other medical thing's are cropping up and I think it's because of late diagnoses.....

Still can't get ID doc to even answer what was tested now... Guess I have to request my records.

[ 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement