LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has Adrenal Support helped you tolerate treatment better?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has Adrenal Support helped you tolerate treatment better?
trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubeee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never tried it before but my ND recommended 'Andreset' by Metagenics. Would appreciate your experiences with any andrenal support. I am wondering if it would help me 'move forward' with my treatment which has been stalled for quite some time. Most days I'm lucky I can get out of bed.

Is AS worth the $$? Yet another touted supplement that doesn't work?? I'm tired of pouring $$ down the drain..

Posts: 195 | From - | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trubee,

Like many Chronic Lyme sufferers my adrenals were not working well. Numerous symptoms. My DO put me on Innate's Adrenal Response and Systemic Formulas Bio Function Ga.

You can get Innate from iherb but there is no discount over a doctor's office. I cost $50 bottle and I take it before bed. I also added Ga which is $21 per bottle from my DO and I take that in the morning.

These are both helping my sleep and I am not as tired as I was during the day. I am also able to go to bed earlier, before I could not get to sleep before 11:30pm. Now I am getting to sleep about 10:45pm.

So for me it is working and I will stay with both of them for the next three months. I am also doing Kelp and Silica at bed time to restore minerals and that seems to help but not without the Innate or Ga.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubeee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my insomnia is getting intolerable now too, no wonder I feel fried. I'm not one to party into the wee hours but this is ridiculous! lol. wow, your DO sounds knowledgeable and glad they're helping you. Best back MattH!
Posts: 195 | From - | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

Oh yeah-and the monthly hormonal issues. Tried bioidentical hormones and didn't like them one bit so I have no doubt everything is being affected.
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Lyme has really messed with my hormones as well. I take Armour Thyroid and that seems to help but even with that it was not enough so adding the Innate and Ga has really helped.

There are several on the site that have used Metagenics. I have never tried their products but hear they are very good quaility.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP - Links to articles & supplements

ADRENAL INFORMATION & SUPPORT LINKS are included here.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metagenics produces excellent products designed to be sold to doctors.

I found this great site that offers all the first tier high end brands for substantially less money.

You can contact the site to set you up with a password to get access to brands that don't want their products visible on line at such a reduce price. That's where you will find Metagenic's products.

I only recently found this site and put in my first order. All went well and I saved a bundle.

http://www.greenandhealthy.com/

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

Thanks Keebler, just perused the link-wow, great info and I agree that the adrenals need to be addressed.

Abxnomore, I recognize a few companies on that list, will have to look closer, my ND charges way too much..looks like a great site-thanks.

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. I so happy I found it.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i crashed 3 times when docs tried to take me off 5mg cortef

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Abxnomore,

Great site. Sadly, I don't see Metagenics line on this list. I've never found their products at much of a savings anywhere but I did find this just now.

So, trubeee,

Metagenics Andreset is at VitaCost:

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?previousText=Metagenics&ss=1&x=0&y=0&ntk=products&Ntt=Metagenics%20Andreset

-----------
Comparable products at PureFormulas:

http://pureformulas.ecomm-search.com/search?catalog=yhst-37598795206756&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.yahoo.com%2Fyhst-37598795206756%2F&query=Adrenal&x=0&y=0
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

They carry Metagenics but to get into the brands such as metagenics, pure encapsulations and other high quality brands you have to email or call him to set up a password. Some companies complain if they see their products being sold too cheaply, so you need a password to access that part of the site.

Then you can see the list of all the lines he carries and Metagenics is one of them. I saved between $10 and $12 on some items and I was already getting a discounted price. This site really offers incredible prices.

So, email and call and ask to be set up with a password. From the webpage:

"Our goal is to save you money on your favorite products. We also have many popular health practitioner brands... NOT shown on the home page. Please call or email us for details."

Also they can order any product for you as long as they carry the brand whether or not it's listed on the site.

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

I just checked. Adreset is $55 same quantity, large size and a huge savings.
trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

thanks guys- will have to compare prices tomorrow you folks really know how to save a gal some $$!

@Ipkayak, do you mean adrenal support supps might have the same problem as cortef? ie: difficult to wean off?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement