LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » still looking for answers , please respond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: still looking for answers , please respond
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello im new to the whole lyme thing but i cant find anything else wrong with me so im guessing lyme my main complaint is the neurological part i just feel weird and scared and anxioius all the tome i call it derealisation, i have highblood pressure ringing in my ears, floaters, and minor arthritic pain but its my brain **** man ive been like this for two years to the day im suffering constantly i mean i have some ok days but alot more bad days, the only thing thats keeps me goin is my famil and alcohol and drinking on top of whatever i have is killing me i need some good advice, do you guys think i have lyme or cos my igenix test were +41 and ind,83-93, i have a barefoot doc that says he thinks i have it and he wants to treat me with herbs and mms but im so scared to make this worse what do i do thanx toyone responds, ps, i live in northern california if you no of any other llmds out here

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
derk,

So that you get more replies, I'm breaking up your text so that more can read it:
--------------

hello im new to the whole lyme thing but i cant find anything else wrong with me so

im guessing lyme my main complaint is the neurological part

i just feel weird and scared and anxioius all the tome i call it derealisation,

i have highblood pressure ringing in my ears, floaters, and minor arthritic pain but its my brain **** man

ive been like this for two years to the day

im suffering constantly

i mean i have some ok days but alot more bad days,

the only thing thats keeps me goin is my famil and alcohol and drinking on top of whatever i have is killing me

i need some good advice, do you guys think i have lyme or cos my igenix test were +41 and ind,83-93,

i have a barefoot doc that says he thinks i have it and he wants to treat me with herbs and mms but im so scared to make this worse what do i do thanx toyone responds, ps,

i live in northern california if you no of any other llmds out here

(dirk diggler - Calif.)
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Sorry if it is Lyme. I have Chronic Lyme with no treatment. Only herbal treatment here that know of & yes they got worse on that diet. Then we are all Diff.
Understand the brain thing,(I have)neurontin did help it.This was main complaint that most said upset them most when I worked at pain clinic. You are not alone. Very diff. to get those neurotransmitters get help they do know what to do about being still knew to Drs.
Huggggssss,If you need,Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you drink, you'll never get over Lyme disease.

"Band 83: This is the DNA or genetic material of Borrelia burgdorferi. It is the same thing as the 93, based upon the medical literature. But laboratories vary in assigning significance to the 83 versus the 93.

Band 93: The DNA or genetic material of Borrelia burgdorferi."

Western Blot Explanation
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

So, yes, I do think you have Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Derk,

I don't know what you mean by a "barefoot" doctor.

Are you referring to a naturopathic doctor? If so, some are excellent but be absolutely certain whomever you see is ILADS-educated and will also consider antibiotics, along with supplements.

Nothing can make this worse than alcohol. Nothing.

I hope you find a way to clear that out of the way. Alcohol can kill if lyme is involved as lyme is just such a toxic infection and the liver can't handle any other toxins, nor the nerve cells.

I'm not being judgmental here, as I know you are probably self-medicating but it's really very dangerous to drink at all with lyme. It's vital to know that.

"Absolutely NO Alcohol" is stated in treatment guidelines by Dr. B at in one of these sets of links.

Of course, depending upon one's usage, the way to stop might be best with medical care and support.

This is where naturopathic doctors and acupuncturist really do great work with their understanding of the organs alcohol attacks and what herbs and vitamins can help.

==================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

(What ILADS is) . . . WHY you need an ILADS-educated, Lyme Literate Doctor

================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (and/or whatever else it might be)

While you may not need another lyme test, you should be assessed for other tick-borne infections.

Some of the links here also explain what it's like to have lyme, symptoms, etc.

Good luck.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im going to say it. you have lyme and it's been in ur system long enough to be chronic. i tried covering up w/ alcohol for a couple years and then it busted wide open and got worse.

i know it's so hard because you feel terrible, number one....stop drinking. if it's that bad..taper it down. ur drinking days are over for a while. limit sugar, gluten, and watch carbs.

u have to stop drinking in order to start battling this. it's a toxic disease and alcohol ur liver NEEDS to be clean. plus if you are having stomach issues, ur only digging urself deeper.

it sounds harsh, i was a full blown alcoholic when i got this illness and yes it helps temporarily but makes the neuro issues sooooo much worse.

please find an llmd. best of luck. pm me if you want.

Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Dirk,

Some of the things that I know of that can assist are as follows:

GARLIC--will help with blood pressure and also kills off viruses, bacteria, etc.

Systemic enzymes--that is, an enzyme product taken 30 minutes before eating--can also help with blood pressure, and will assist anything else you decide to do by cleaning out your blood vessels. This is ESPECIALLY important for the brain, where the capillaries are soooooo small, they only let one blood cell through at a time! If these capillaries get plugged up, your brain is literally dying. My LLMD, Dr. A, recommended Lumbrokinase for me, as it works the fastest and best on the blood vessels in the brain, according to him.

These two--systemic enzymes and garlic--saved my husband's life after a heart attack and triple bypass surgery--he's had no heart problems since--17 years!

B VITAMINS, ESPECIALLY B 1, will assist with the emotional parts.

Please don't put yourself on psychotropic drugs--they have side effects slightly worse than death.

Send me a personal message--you hit the icon of the two people shaking hands above this message--and I'll do my best to get you some good advice and a doctor that may be close to you.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Ditto to everything Cass says above.

Also, you might want to look over some things that can help support your body in healthful ways:
------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP - Links to articles & supplements

ADRENAL SUPPORT LINKS are included here.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement