LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What do you do to treat sciatica?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you do to treat sciatica?
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having sciatica - I think... It's been going on for a few months. What do you do to treat it or get some relief.

Does it eventually go away?

I was reading about Vax-D - I think I may be able to do some things to relieve the pain with a Piladies roll (spelling?) that may be similar. I've never really got alot of help from going to chiropractors in the past.

I don't know if it's Lyme related or if that an issue with me. I figured people here would have some info about it in any case.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your efforts should be directed toward removing the toxic substances, mainly from your central nervous system. I have been posting about it for 12 years. That will "Does it eventually go away?"
do it. But it takes sticking to it and avoids the shifting of symptoms to other places.

Think rub-in cilantro starting with single drop, think curcumin in a self-made dermal form. If pain in lower body region, rub in a drop organic cilantro tincture into area or ankles; for upper body problems, rub it into wrists. Go very slowly and realize even rubbing it in with hands will absorb some. Help circulation with all means. All heavy metals move toward lower body - gravity and activities. Where metals are, pathogens accumulate. Get tested by someone who does EAV or similar testing to pin it down.

The good thing is that most agents will address both toxins and pathogens. Use the toxin or remedy frequencies near the area and pendle or tensor aka as Direct Resonance Testing (Yoshiaki Omura, MD) It will give you some answers.

With some of your activity toward parasites, lead is being released from bones, and unless you support that release with microsilica or similar, the stuff keeps moving and circulating/redepositing. Pay attention to the consequences of what you have been treating. There is always some fallout involved. That's what I learned over the years.

Good luck.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chiropractic.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
start with strengthening abs with crunches or pelvic tilts

dont do if it hurts

or...lie on floor in front of couch and put your legs up on couch so there is a right angle at your knees...just hang out and see if it helps. its called constructive rest.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi. I will look into your suggestions. I still have 2 silver/mercury fillings left. I had a few tests for mercury & they were all low - to my surprise. I used to do casting in metals (sculpture) so I would think I have metal toxicity... Maybe it's something other than mercury?

I have had back problems since I was 18 - so, It's been a life long issue...

I'm also dealing with some kind of fungi or yeast - so, the babuska princle does make alot of sense!

Thanks jlp - I've been to chiropractors many times in my life & they never seemed to help much.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks lpkayak! I have a pilades roll thing & a big ball that are great & you can do similar things with it.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends upon how bad it is. I've had trouble with it for about 10 yrs. Sometimes it is excruciating.

I found some relief by doing an exercise machine that is like a bike, but your feet are more out in front of you than below you. Helped!

Do anything you can for inflammation, like curcumin.

Now that I have a bulging disc, I've been doing spinal decompression therapy. That really helps. My chiro has a machine.

hope you find an answer for you

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:
There is a significant amount of research showing that lowering TNF-alpha levels is the key to treating sciatica.

There is a focus on using pharmacological agents that are injected to decrease TNF-alpha. Unfortunately those injections carry � what the manufacturer calls �serious (sometimes fatal) side effects�.

There is no doubt that decreasing TNF-alpha will fix sciatica.
It is also obvious that Wobenzym� is a safe and effective way of accomplishing that goal.

Source:
http://www.systemicenzymesupport.org/faq/neurological.htm

p.s. The systemic enzymes in Wobenzym reduce inflammation, which eases the sciatica.
I have significantly less muscle and joint pain since I've been taking it.
Other enzyme blends may work fine for you.

[ 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Carol in PA ]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, in my experience and learning, it's never just mercury; usually there are different metals that are hanging on together that will show up at various times. There is no heavy metals test that is conclusive - same as Lyme.
With neuro symptoms, metals are usually part of the complex. If you are delaying treatment, you are postponing all else. Healing cannot take place with metals contaminating the body, because they stop the effectiveness of hormones and a whole host of others that keeps or gets us well.

Fungi follows the metals. The body produces fungi in order to protect itself from the devastation of the metals. Metals block the hormone producing cells. The research is all hiding in the drawers - for obvious reasons. It's been like that for many years. The tactic obviously works very well, because people suffer pain and don't believe the truth.

Sure you can to a chiro; sure you can take pain killers and antiinflammatories; but that is only a temporary bandaid. Only by removing the cause, the toxic burden, can the body start to heal.

It all can now be treated together - bugs, metals, and all. I would suggest reading some of the writings and protocols from doctors that are doing it that way. I have posted a bunch of them. You can pick out what fits your budget and needs and work your way into it slowly. If you start doing physical movements now, while you are stuck with a load of it obviously in your CNS, you are only causing more problems. Lower the burden with adequate minerals (paying attention to possible KPU - a problem for 80%) www.hputest.de) and microsilica. If you can't afford microsilica, which I think is the best, or make sure you get plenty silica 6x or 12x. This is the stuff that we used to absorb in feet and hands when we were still getting our hands dirty from the earth!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only care that works for me every time re sciatica is going to a really good chiropractor who's good at recognizing all lower body imbalances and who can fix them.

Mine knows how to do leg and pelvic imbalance testing and do the correct adjustments.

I can't say it's a cure-all because I am a constant chiro patient, but at least I know where to go to get out of pain.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks for all the great info!

I was looking into Vax-D which is like the decompression that Lymetoo mentioned. I know someone who said it helped. I just get the feeling that doing some of the Piladies exercises with the roll & ball can do decompression, as well, but I might be wrong.

GiGi - thank you for posting all the info that you do - especially Dr. K's theores & protocols. I could never be able to go to the West Coast to see him. Money is tight & I don't know how I'd be able to stay out there in Washington or Oregon.

I have a bunch of tooth issues I have to deal with. I would have done it but it's expensive. Also, I was in the south & the dentists there are like from another era... I don't want to do everything all at once - so, it takes time.

I'm working on it. I think your assessment is right on target. I have done a brief looking over of the KPU situation. I don't think I have it based on the symptoms but I could be wrong. I'll have to keep going over all of this to sort it out. It's complicated stuff & I'm doing it mostly on my own.

I hae to sit down & write it out so I can learn it better. I have to give it thought...

Thanks again everyone! Keep posting...

Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "sciatica" is Lyme-related wandering joint pain.

What helps me: Hot packs (heating pad, etc.), homeopathic Causticum, regular exercise (stuff that works the hips/back/abdomen/legs - pelvic tilts, leg lifts, etc.), Nettles, and of course treating the Lyme itself...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my doc : 800 mg ( 4 capsules ) ibuprofen for inflammation. Also : bromelain is great for inflammation and helps me . The pain decreases when the inflammation is diminished .

I have it periodically due to a disc, it can be caused by different things . I also had severe episodes when pregnant , due to spinal pressure of the fat little babies I carried.

My doc said to start heavy with ibuprofen , then be CAREFul to let the injury heal before exherting again.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi , is the silica used to get rid of metals?

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement