LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ivermectin vs. Albendazole - experiences?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ivermectin vs. Albendazole - experiences?
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking Albendazole this round, and definitely having increased Babesia and parasite die-off symptoms.

How does Albendazole compare to Ivermectin? Isn't Ivermectin much stronger?

Thinking of doing Ivermectin next round.

Still treating for pretty much everything, but still improving.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ivermectin does not cross the blood brain barrier.
Albendazole as well as Alinia do. If you want to get at parasites in the brain, where they definitely leave some marks, you need to be on the Albendazole and later on the Alinia. That is the protocol that works. It was specifically designed that way to get at all levels necessary, size necessary, etc. That is the reason for the parasite protocol in that order: Biltricide, Ivermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate, Albendazole, Alinia.

Take care.

P.S. if you don't feel too great when on this, do some colonics and/or lots of binders. During the parasite wipe-out, toxic metals are released, and usually followed by fungi die-off. This is the order in which it normally happens - Look at my old Babuschka Principle thread. It is important to deal with the fallout when "killing" anything.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious also . I have not tried albendazole, but have a powerful reaction to IVER.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mebendazole really messed me up. I was so cold I was trembling for a day. Scary. That alone tells me it was a die-off reaction as it stopped when I was off the drug for a few days. Unfortunately, it's also a side effect. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking Albendazole now. Haven't seen anything yet. But I was having a lot of upper abdominal movement, like squirming and wriggling, so we'll see. The movement is going from left to right and back to the left and back to the right. I'm just guessing, but it feels like something is very unhappy in there. I have no idea what. I had been doing another round of parasitic herbs, and it was aggravating something, but nothing was coming out. Time for the bigger guns.
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took albendanzole and ivermectin and felt releif of some symtoms in my head.Definitly movement in my gut right to the left and vise versa.

I saw some parasites comming out and my gut became flat but than it started again and the movement as well.Somthing is hard to be killed as I still feel it and it must be large.I just agrevate it with herbal cleansings .

I also have used exstremely high dosages with Co.Q10 based in HUlda protocoll and I was happy more in this protocoll but is dangerous as well.

It releases the metals while you kill the parasitses and I was not prepared at the time to bind the metals.I was loaded.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ivermectin made me feel tired, and albendezole made me feel like my abdomen was swollen, i could only eat blended food :-(

I did the whole protocol and I do think its helped.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Every one of these 5 different pharmaceutical antiparasitics (Biltricide, Ivermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate, Albendazole, Alinia) acts in a different area, level, size of parasite.

So comparing them is sort of not saying much.

The type of parasites are there is what determines how you feel. That is what makes it important to start with the type of med that addresses the different parasites. The protocol is based on that thinking and experience. Read:
Accidental Cure by Simon Yu, MD.

Yes, you have to pay attention to the fallout right away, i.e. heavy metals being released. If you can learn some energetic testing yourself, that helps immensely and knowing what you are dealing with as a fallout, etc. helps a lot.

You also have to deal with fungal fallout pretty closely when treating parasites, because fungi is part of the body's creation in defense of the toxic metals, etc.

Read some of the Klinghardt protocols I have posted numerous times. You will then get a better understanding how well everything in our body is connected and affected by whatever we take.

Take care.

P.S. right now, we are still in the full moon arena where parasites are multiplying and regenerating. This is the time when you will feel their presence more and that is the perfect time to go after them.

I have never seen a parasite when I did these treatments. Most of them are so tiny unless you really have a bad infestation that they cannot be seen with the naked eye. But I learned to believe that when you are toxic and have a chronic disease, parasites are a major and big problem that needs to be addressed.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need to do a biofilm protocol at the same time as the parasite protocol or do you do it before? How long before?
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Eliminating some of the biofilm should be an ongoing thing, no matter what else you are treating. Biofilm is the camouflage where the bugs incl. toxins are hanging on inside the veins clogging them up more and more. I recently had the surgical intervention for this problem, CCSVI, to open up major blocked veins!!!! I am well from Lyme, but do not want to live the rest of my life with blocked veins hindering the blood flow in and out of my brain. We all know what that can eventually cause.

We should avoid adding to the biofilm by not taking supplements that contain magnesium stearate. Read the small print on your vitamin bottles. That is chalk and nothing else and chalk is only used in the supplements to make it easier and quicker for the manufacturer to fill the capsules, etc. It does not contribute anything nutritionally.

All get well!

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished my third round of Ivermectin. Wasn't bad.
Albenza was absolutely horrific, I counted the days that med would be completed.

These parasite meds seem to affect everyone differently.

Agree with Gigi about colonics. Real good idea while on parasite meds.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMPORTANT
Gigi Writes

"We should avoid adding to the biofilm by not taking supplements that contain magnesium stearate. Read the small print on your vitamin bottles. That is chalk and nothing else and chalk is only used in the supplements to make it easier and quicker for the manufacturer to fill the capsules, etc. It does not contribute anything nutritionally.
"

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone had just brought me Albendazole from another country. They come in 2 pill packs. They were told to take them 2 pills on one day and take another in 15 days. Repeat as needed.

How is everyone else taking this? What are the dosages and for how long?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google : "lymebusters improvement albenzadole "
"lyme busters imrovement ivermectin "
"curezone improvement ivermectin "
"curezone improvement albenzadole "

Also , I have a lyme morgellons friend whole doc has her on fenbendazole ( not just for animals to use ) and she is feeling markedly better after years of having no llife AT ALL . Is it a cure ? Time will tell , but nothing else ever has helped her in the past .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz - did your friend try the other antiparasitics and the fenbendazole is better than the others? Is fenbendazole similar to albenzadole?

Also, do you know if she has issues with her scalp? I know people with Morgellons have scalp symptoms. That's is one of my mystery symptoms that I am trying to figure out.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annyzz, did your friend do abx for years before getting on this protocol and not improve?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Yes , my friend did ABX and worked with a LLMD . She did not improve much at all and also had terrible lesions from morgellons. They are better now . She improved with fenben and is also going to take ivermectin .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

One negative thing I have heard is that albenzadole can cause some hair loss . I know one lady who felt it caused hair loss for her - not bald but thinned some.

--------------------
annxyzz

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hair loss with Ivermectin also. I don't know if others are experiencing that.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noted that none of you are taking daraprim. Why is this? Is this not considered anti parasitic?

mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about vermox (mebendazole)? I haven't seen that one mentioned in this thread. Any info. regarding it?
Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vermox stays in the gut.
Posts: 185 | From Germany | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else get headaches from ivermectin? I have cut back so much on it because of the headaches that I am now beginning to get symptoms coming back. I am giving it one more try but then not sure what I will do.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

No headaches for me - just strong die off , which may be the cause of your headaches (? ) .

Do you have headaches if pulsing ? Every other day might work - that is what I do .

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the headaches may be caused from toxicity. I don't know if it's from the drug or the die-off. It may be a good idea to pulse it like annxyzz is recommending.

From my dowsing - I don't take ivermectin for extended periods of time. It's usually only 2-3 weeks on & off - every other day or so. I usually take the herbs for longer courses. I'm going back on Parastroy - as indicated from my dowsing. I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I notice that I get headaches when I get overwhelmed with toxicity. Now- I've been getting headaches from a particular type of laundry detergent that some people use. The lady upstairs uses it & I get a headache whenever I smell it.

This is just an observation... I'm not a doctor.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS - Whenever I dowse for Albendazole - I always get a "no". Everyone is different, though.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement