LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Transfer factor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transfer factor
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, who has taken transfer factor? Which brand? Did it help? Side effects or herx reaction?

Thanks in advance,
Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took 4Life Transfer Factor. I took it at my doctor's orders because my white blood cell count went too low.

In 2 weeks, it was back up to normal. So, it worked like a miracle. Kept me from having to stop my antibiotic therapy.

It strengthens your immune system so there is no herx reaction. I had no side effects.

The kind I took was made from bovine (cow's) colostrum. So, as I understand it, it works like the first breast milk of a human mother.

This was almost 7 years ago, so the product may be different now.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you only took it for a short while, correct? I looked at the 4Life site and it seems that they have several products. Several reviews on Amazon lead me to think that the Transfer Factor Tri-Facotr might be worth investigating.

Thanks for your reply.

Best, Timaca

[ 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: timaca ]

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow...that's super expensive unless i read it wrong.

i think i'll try something else. might go to amazon or iherb and see what they have.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.ntfactor.com/

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

I know someone who has a high viral load from various viruses. He is taking antivirals but found that adding Tranfer Factor from Chisolm lab really helped him. He is essentially well now after being ill for 7 years.

I hesitate to try a lab that doesn't even have a website so I began looking at other TFs....

Timaca

timaca
Member # 6911

Momintexas~ A friend of mine used a product from that website a few years ago. He can't find that exact product on there now. It did not help him.

Timaca

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used researched nutritional. Its the one supplement that I noticed a difference.. mainly in my energy level

https://www.researchednutritionals.com/store/item.cfm?code=CRN103

This is provided by MDs and NDs usually, I don't think you can buy it direct.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you have to have a code for researched nutritionals. My doc gave me his and now I can just call in an order.

We have done NT Factor through them.

We all are getting better, so hard to know what is working.

Kari

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per my doc (and Kari's) I take Transfer Factor PlasMyc from Researched Nutritionals. My doc also gave me the code and I reorder by phone. It's very expensive.

My doc says it helps some and not others, but is worth a try. I take it to keep the mycoplasma Pneumonia and HHV6 viral load down. I haven't been retested so I don't know if it is really working.

I may be having more energy. I started slowly as per directions. I may have herxed slightly.

Every little bit helps when fighting these multi infections.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Amazon the site 4life tranfer factor was mushrooms ,not cow????/ big difference from what I understand here
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Researched Nutritionals seem to have a couple of different transfer factors //and I've seen two different discriptions here....

Any clarity would help of what helped..
Thanks,

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

OK the Immune one mentions the mushrooms and the chicken/bovine.

Now back to my "paranoid" question from liver eating and or Immuplex, organs for immune support..

And the post about how chickens LOVE ticks...

How do they make sure , using these things ,that nothing BAD , makes it into product..

Like hormones and cows

I know --overboard ==just so tired of feeling so bad ......don't want any mistakes,,,,

timaca
Member # 6911

nonna~ This is a product I am considering: https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/PH170/tab/Label#title

In your case you should possibly also pursue antivirals, or at least further testing along those lines. My acquaintance that improved significantly is taking antivirals, TF and Beta-Glucan (which I am also considering taking).

I think, to answer your question, you need to take a product from a company you trust.

I'm new at this too, and trying to figure it out like you are, but it seems that the 4Life brand has good reviews on Amazon. I *think* though that it is more mushroom based than cow/egg based and I want the cow/egg TF (I will do more reading on this to be sure). So that means I will go with the ProHealth brand, if that is what I decide.

Best, Timaca

BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is anyone taking this without dr recommendation? I don't know if I should??
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

It's always best to ask your doctor....
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the ILADS conference 2011, Dr. N., mycoplasm expert, talked of Researched Nutritionals product, NT Factor. He asked *H* how many patients he had on it and it was quite a few (in the 90's if I remember right). I saw it during the live streaming. BetterHealthGuy has it on his website also.

Edited *Dr* name

[ 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Dogsandcats ]

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

up
timaca
Member # 6911

Here is some info on one brand of TFs in the Physcian's Desk Reference:

http://www.pdr.net/drugpages/concisemonographprint.aspx?concise=2907

http://www.pdr.net/drugpages/productlabeling.aspx?mpcode=30651060

http://www.4life.com/news/pdetails.aspx?nID=11392

I'm also considering adding in Beta Glucans:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031938407004702

http://journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Abstract/2010/11000/Immune_modulating_effects_of___glucan.10.aspx

Best, Timaca

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer the question about my February 4 post, I took Transfer Factor for just a short time at first. Probably took it just 2 weeks. Then, I didn't need it anymore.

Later, when my white blood cell count went low again, I took it again for 2 weeks.

The third time my white blood cell count went low, my lyme doctor told me to just stay on the Transfer Factor until my treatment was finished.

So, the third time I took it, I was likely on it for a number of months--maybe 5 months or so.

Taking this enabled me to not have to stop my antibiotic therapy.

My doc said it was not unusual that after a while on antibiotics, the body senses the antibiotics and thinks it doesn't have to make many white blood cells (since the antibiotics are doing the job), so the white blood cell count goes low.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement