LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Not sure if it is Lyme's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure if it is Lyme's
Jen_156
Member # 36990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen_156     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to all of this, as I had not considered Lyme's until recently. I have had dizziness, nausea, clumsiness, abdominal pain, joint pain, a Baker's Cyst behind my knee, chest pain and pelvic pain for years now. After 2 close pregnancies everything seemed exacerbated. I now also have bright red dots on my chest and abdomen, occasional feeling as if my eye sockets are swollen, occasional headaches, more frequent chest/rib pain, and fatigue. All of this seems to come and go which confuses me. I do also get brain fog and have difficulty with memory at times, but I blamed that on having young children and being busy.

I do not recall a tick since I was 12 (I am now 29 yrs old). On a school trip to a nature park I had a tick in my bellybutton that I had to dig out 10 hrs later when I discovered it. I never thought any further about it.

Also, at 22 yrs old I had an itchy bump on the back of my neck that resulted in severe swelling of my arms an legs by the next day. My PCP gave me a steroid injection and steroid pills, which took care of the swelling. They suspected allergic reaction but the allergist could not establish one.

I have been to 2 cardiologists, orthopedic surgeons, dermatologists, an oncologist, an endocrinologist, gynocologists and have had 2D echos, EKG's, chest xrays, knee arthroscopies, an abdominal MRI, many pelvic ultrasounds, CBCs, hormone workup all which have lead me nowhere. My PCP recently ordered a CBC with Lyme's titer with Western Blot, and a metabolic panel. She also requested I see a cardiologist....again for another 2D echo.

Previous 2D echos showed mild mitral regurg on the 1st, mild mitral and tricuspid regurg. on the 2nd, and a mild murmur at the 2nd appt.

With a high deductable and coinsurance I want to see the right Dr. and utilize the right lab so that I am not throwing more $ away. Is there a good lab in the Tri-State are to take my lab order to or should I see an LLMD even though I am not dx with Lyme's yet? Any thoughts?

Posts: 11 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer3
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people do see a LLMD before they are diagnosed with Lyme to be evaluated. Generally it's difficult to get a PCP to diagnose or treat Lyme properly.

I would post in the seeking forum to locate a LLMD near you. Some LLMD's do take insurance.

Since you have known tick exposure, I would definitely be evaluated. Particularly if you feel like you aren't getting anywhere with the other tests and/or diagnosis' that you have been given.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to see a LLMD ASAP...post in Seeking a Doctor for your State:

This site below should be your first step for information about these diseases:

http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

Keep posting and asking questions...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (&/or whatever else is going on)

Other tick-borne infections and other chronic stealth infections - as well as certain conditions - that can hold us back are discussed here.

==================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

(What ILADS is) . . . WHY you need an ILADS-educated, Lyme Literate Doctor - starting with assessment / evaluation.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baker's cyst.. probably lyme!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/88555

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, the word is Lyme (no apostrophe s).

The reason is simple.

Apostrophe s diseases are named after doctors who discovered them, like Huntington's , Parkinson's, Alzheimer's.

Place name diseases use just the place name, like West Nile virus, Coxsackie virus, Hong Kong flu, Lyme disease. No one says West Nile's virus. No one says Hong Kong's flu.

Lyme is a town in CT. There is no Dr.Lyme.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen must be busy reading all those links! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement