LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why are my Head Symptoms so Bad after Laying flat Sleeping upon Arising ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why are my Head Symptoms so Bad after Laying flat Sleeping upon Arising ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it !

The Droopy eye that waters, most of my Head pains, pressure, etc. They are all so bad after I've been laying flat during the night sleeping.

I've tried raising my head on a Pillow, but this does nothing.

No way I could sleep in a chair or standing up for that matter.

I would think this has to be a blood flow issue. After I'm upright for about an hour, things begin to reverse including that droopy right eye of mine.

I guess this is a "Who Else" gets this instead of a "Why" question. Any answer to this would just be hypothetical theories... I think it goes without question that blood flow is involved.

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the opposite. The longer I'm on my feet, the worse my eye pressure gets. Muscle spasticity increase a lot on my feet.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same thing for 5 years
Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wondered this too Lymetwister. My droopy eye is new with this new tick rash in November and has improved. But still am aware of that lid feeling different when I wake up.

It improves, then gets worse again in the evening as I get tired.

Headache has always been worse upon awakening all these years. I thought it's due to more pressure on the brain in a horizontal position.

When I'm up and moving around, it's better.

Funny thing is, I sometimes wake up at 4:00am and feel ok. Go back to sleep and then when I wake up the headache is horrible.

Does your eye feel dry too?

Maybe due to toxins being thrown out of the liver during it's nighttime cycle? But why then am I ok at 4:00?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Headache has always been worse upon awakening?

First guess: DEHYDRATION.

It actually happens to everyone after a night's sleep but we just might feel it more intensely.

I drink a glass of water before bed, one if I get up during the night (which is no surprise) and one immediately upon arising. And all throughout the day.

Other considerations: well, stuff just gets stagnant and if our system is sort of gummed up it may just hurt more to get everything moving again - and our body's systems, all our cells have to get crackin'.

INFLAMMATION (which brings stagnation) is likely a big reason.

For many, I suspect the inner ear involvement, too, has a harder time adjusting to being up and having all kinds of stimuli tossed at it again. All our senses have to work again.

If the system is not up to par as is very often the case for many of us, it's going to let us know with unspoken but clear "grumbles" - even if that's every - single - day (or after every - single - "rest" session).

Liver / kidney function. If they have to work hard, my guess is that they do better when we don't have to exert too much.

GLUCOSE: Hypoglycemia / Hyperglycemia ? Our blood glucose may need adjustment - and even after that, realize that if it's gotten off track, the after effects of that unsteadiness can be with us for a while.

MOLD? DUST? Textile chemicals? Scents? Other environmental factors in our sleeping quarters?

EMFs? By now, I hope everyone has the bedrooms free of electronics - and unplug any that may be there.

Phone chargers near the bed will interfer with the brain's function during sleep.

SLEEP quality? If we don't "effectively" sleep getting up is never going to have us ready to rock 'n roll.

[But many sleep drugs, while knocking us out, can cause lots of stress on various body systems and that "hangover" effect. Some herbs, too, can do this - especially valerian.]

Before even getting out of bed: Gentle body moves can help. Then that glass of water with a touch of sea salt added.

After a few NUTS or a bit of Coconut Oil or Fish Oil and a few bites of a veggie, a few more moves from Tai Chi or Chi Gong (or the like), even if not a whole routine, can help get things in synch.

SING. SING A SONG. Start out soft, end up strong. Really.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you wake up "worse", check your sleeping location for Geopathic Stress or EMF/RF. Learn everything about that.

Check www.antennasearch.com to see which new towers and antennae have gone up in your area.

Check your phones for EMF/RF. Even corded ones that have a built-in antenna for the cordless that comes with it. The corded one that I have was a disaster when I finally tested it.

Sleeping in one location and staying put at the same spot for hours is the reason where your body and bed absorbs too much to make one feel worse.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement