LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone self treated?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone self treated?
fred0
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fred0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm still pretty new here. Have already met a few from my first post.

I live in Austria.

Had a lab test come out Igm Westernblot positive.

Of course it wasn't a lab specializing in Lyme tests because there isn't one here.

Also done some research and don't see any local LLMD's. Well possibly one in another city but not sure if he's really one.

The Dr. I visited said he doesn't think my case is Lyme and the tests are anyways unreliable.

Usually they will only start antibiotic treatment here after taking a spinal tap and it being confirmed as Lyme (?), then they put you on the antibiotics.

The Dr. felt bad for me though so he gave me a recept for Doxy (w/out spinal tap) and said I could try it for 3 weeks on my own..if I wanted to.

I still suspect from my symptoms that it could be Lyme.

I was considering trying some things on my own [bonk] . Getting out of Austria is an option but just wanted to ask first.

I've read a few success stories here of people combining Samento w/Banderol.

Read that Samento drops aren't allowed in Austria so it would have to be in tablet form.

Wondering if anyone here has also self treated.

Posts: 128 | From California | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a PM. Look at upper left for "blinking" sign to get to it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also sent you a PM.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After almost two years working with an LLMD, I went from the US to Germany and after learning from the doctor there for three weeks, I self-treated after that with the same process he uses (photon treatment ... light).

I also did a lot of detox, parasite treatment, rebuilding mineral levels, etc.

If you go to Oct. 2008 on my blog listed below, you can read about the German treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fred0
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fred0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks sixgoofykids.
Posts: 128 | From California | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes, DO consider sixgoofykid's experience and success with BIONIC 880, starting with GERMANY. That would be my top choice.

Have you been able to make contact with the presenters slated for the ILADS conference in Austria in a couple weeks?

Your best bet is through the presenters there - if not them directly, the LL doctors they know in your area.

For your convenience, re-posting from a previous thread:

================================

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_programs/austria/ilads_austria.php

ILADS AUSTRIA 2012

Third ILADS Educatational Meeting Europe

May 18 � 19, 2012 in Klagenfurt, Austria

You can see the speakers listed. Click on their names and you may find some close to you.

Beyond that, you might contact ILADS and ask if they can give you some LLMD suggestions in your country.

I can�t tell if this is open to anyone, or just doctors. I have to stop but do explore this as an opportunity to attend, get your doctors to attend, too.

If you can�t attend, get some local link for yourself. Maybe make an "informational" appointment with the conference organizer.

See if they need any volunteers and if there are any scholarships, or partial scholarships to even attend one session.

This is a great chance. Hope you can connect.

--------------------------------

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_programs/austria/program/program_friday.php

CONFERENCE PROGRAM

Note, two different presentations on Day Two:

Naturopathic Approaches, &

Non-Antibiotic Approaches.

================================

If you can't get there, see if you can obtain a DVD of the conference. Still, it would be fabulous if you could attend.

It would be best if your current doctor could attend? Any chance of that? Push for it.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You may need to forget your current doctors and they seem to be dropping your care.

They are obviously not lyme literate and even if by some miracle a spinal tap would be positive, they would not know HOW to properly treat you. It's not a cookbook recipe as they think.

Even JUST DOXYCYCLINE now can make the lyme become harder to treat - especially as you have chronic lyme already. Doxy cause the spirochetes to go into cyst form. Doxy does not work on the cystic form. You'd also need flagyl or similar.

DO NOT DO THE SPINAL TAP -- too tired to explain but just be aware that is NOT a good test for lyme. Very inaccurate and often then used to deny treatment.

You already had TWO positive lyme Western Blots (IgM was positive first), you have classic symptoms but it's clear that you will need to look elsewhere for treatment.

If you do not have funds to find a LLMD or a LL ND (naturopathic doctor) you might want to look over the details below in books and articles.

THE BIONIC 880 treatment in GERMANY ? Maybe check that out as it's the way I would go were I to be so close.

A RIFE MACHINE might also be a good path. Under the guidance of an naturopathic doctor. Not sure if MDs in your country are allowed to talk about lyme but the NDs might.

Otherwise, for an overview:
-----------------------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

(What ILADS is) . . . WHY you need an ILADS-educated, Lyme Literate Doctor

===============================

Links to U.S. groups, obviously, won't apply but you can use this as a template to find corresponding groups in Austria or nearby.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine);

Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

Understanding of the importance of addressing the infection(s) fully head-on with specific measures;

Knowing that support supplements are important, but NEVER enough alone. And knowing which supplements have direct impact, which are only support and which are both.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL links, and

BODY WORK links with safety tailored to lyme patients,

RIFE links (you might consider this but be sure to get professional guidance)

BIONIC 880 (& PE-1) links, and

LOW HEAT INFRARED SAUNA detail.
-

[ 05-04-2012, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, some of us do selftreat here. Mostly, out of necessity. It depends if you are inclined toward self experimentation & being able to research on your own. Some people are OK with that.

I think I've gotten farther on my own than with a doctor & I've seen alot. It's hard to find good medical care for Lyme & related illnesses. It comes down in alot of cases to killing pathogens & detox, detox, detox.

You can get alot of great support here. You really have to do the studying on your own, though.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS - many doctors are "experimenting" too - it's really just about study & having an educated guess as to what to try.

Good luck!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement