LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Was Low Dose Naltrexone missing link for anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Was Low Dose Naltrexone missing link for anyone?
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my doctor's wants me to try this again. I've tried it in the past with another doctor but my current doctor thinks I was started at too high a dose last time and I didn't give it a fair shot.

He wants to start me much lower and work my way up. Was just wondering if anyone on here found that it was what helped them turn the corner?

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be aware of all the meds it can interact with.

www.drugdigest.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one of the problems with LDN is that people are started on the higher dose by docs who don't realize people need to start low and titrate upwards to the therapeutic dose of 3 or 4mg.

It's good that your current doc wants you to start it again at a low dose and work your way up. That's the best way to do it.

My DD started at 1mg and over the course of a few months gradually worked her way up to 3mg. LDN helped her immune system but it took several months to see improvement in that area. I think it helped her energy level and her general well-being.

The only negative is that if you are having surgery you need to come off the LDN a few weeks beforehand. The LDN blocks the effect of painkillers. And you don't want that to happen post-surgery!

Other than that, I think this med is great. It's cheap and effective for so many things.

Good luck.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just started taking it. I crush up a tablet, dissolve that in water then take 1 t. each night.

So far, not seeing any difference, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andie, are you getting LDN from a compounding pharmacy? To my knowledge LDN is in capsule form. I have never heard of it being in tablet form.

If you're taking it for the purpose of strengthening your immune system, you won't see results for months.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having possible gallbladder issues so I hope I won't need surgery!

New plan is to start LDN and then possibly move on to Stratton Protocol.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been very helpful for me. The first time I tried it I had frequent urination which was getting me up five times a night so I quit. I tried starting at 0.5 with the same results.

Then I found out I had protomyxzoa, which can cause bladder irritation, and began treating it. After a month or so I had a by thyroid flair and decided to give the LDN another try. This time was successful.

My thyroid has become what seems to be normal. My body temperature is normal for the first time in my life. I was always subnormal but in the hyper flair I had a fever for months and could not sleep. The LDN seems to have stopped the auto immune attack.

I am doing much better. I have to say that with caution because I can feel great and then crash completely. This seems to happen a lot in the winter.

But I am off abx and anti malarial drugs. I am doing the LDN along with a low fat vegetarian diet and methyl cycle supplements. I had joint pain but ivermectin stopped it. Now I am pretty close to normal.

I think LDN is a miracle drug. It is also very calming. Although I am under a lot of stress, I don't react as much. The methyl cycle supplements also help with this as I am producing more serotonin and dopamine. I am sleeping better too.

I buy 50 mg tablets from River pharmacy, crush one up and mix it with bottled water so one dropper full is the strength I want. I began with 1 mg and am now taking 3 mg.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nefferdun, are you still taking thyroid meds..and around what time do you take the ldn? thanks!
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement