LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sore Scalp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sore Scalp
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to find a pattern with my scalp getting sore. It seems like it happens when I start to go downhill. Does anyone else have this symptom? If so, is there anything that you can connect it to, or is there anything you've found to help?
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had a very sore scalp and when I started tx with antiparasitic herbs and salt/c, bumps started to emerge and would scab over.

I would suggest you take either antiparasitic herbs or pharma antiparasitics such as Ivermectin. Many people here have been having good results treating parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael. I have parastroy in the cupboard. I keep putting off taking it since I'm taking so many other things. Maybe I should just bite the bullet.
My son is on flagyl. Does that treat parasites?

Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try using an anti-dandruff shampoo for awhile. Could be from yeast/fungus too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In line with Lymetoo - Coconut shampoo really helped me - I believe mine was a yeast issue and coconut is a good yeast killer. I also use coconut oil on my scalp.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JLF - please let me know if you ever find out what is causing the problem with your scalp. I have had this symptom from the beginning. It is at the crown of my head. Sometimes pain, sometimes a crawling sensation. Very odd. I believe that when this symptom is gone I will be well.

The symptom itself is not too bad, but I beleive there is a correlation with this symptom and everything else. I have very bad cognitive issues. Do you?

At one time I had an RMSF rash there so I have always felt there was a relationship. Recently, I have read a lot about filarial worms, they reside within the subcutaneous tissues near the boney areas - especially the skull! Also these worms live off of Rickettsia (sp).

I am currently on Ivermectin and Doxy and adding Mepron. I think it's hitting them hard, but it still has not gone away. It is a very strong sensation. What does yours feel like?

I also bought a shampoo for animals called Viodine, I have no idea if this will do anything, but I am going to try it. The problem is not really on the skin its deeper. I may go in the sauna with the Viodine on my scalp. Don't know if that is wise. I'll let you know if it does anything.

Has anything helped you with this symptom?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement