LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ivermectin Durvet Apple flavored paste

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ivermectin Durvet Apple flavored paste
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I just ordered some of this stuff on Amazon, but I'm wondering, how many people have ACTUALLY used this and ACTUALLY not died or had adverse results from vet meds?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/durvet-reg-ivermectin-paste-1-87-6-08-g-5144639

I just want to be re assured that it is safe!

Thanks.

Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that people say it is safe. I bought some and did not feel safe taking it. Go with your gut instinct.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Haley -- anyone else take it?
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess you have to compare it with how many people actually died from taking human pharma...

fyi-

http://theconference.ca/facts-on-prescription-drug-deaths-and-the-drug-industry

Sixteen major drugs have been pulled off the North American market since 1997 for injuring or killing patients including the drug that killed Vanessa Young � Prepulsid. Vioxx alone may have killed 55,000 � 65,000 patients before being withdrawn by the manufacturer - Merck in 2004. (The pulled drugs are Rezulin, Lotronex, Prepulsid, Redux, Pondimin, Durect, Seldane, Hismanal, Posicor, Raxar, Vioxx, Baycol, Serzone, Raptiva, Permax, Zelnorm.)

also-

http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html

I haven't taken that brand but I think it's fairly safe to take the vet meds.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using it . Lots of other people at other health sites are using it for lyme morgellon's and some reporting good results . I am amazed by how many I found with morgellon's at other sites saying they were improving . This is pharmacy grade .

I will advise to start low as some people have severe herx with it . I started with a normal dose according to my weight on tube ( easy!) and take it every other day . If I started it every day I would have been bedridden ! I was shocked at how strong the herx was !

It is easy to get at Tractor Supply rather than spending far more and ordering overseas and waiting for shipping . A tube is cheap and lasts me over a week at four dollars .

I have used many other vet meds . They are pharmacy grade standardized . Many people here have used vet ABX , which can be easily purchased .

I have had no problems and if you google "lyme morgellons ivermectin ", you will find several health sites where lots of people post they are using the durvet . Many are using fenben and albenzadole vet meds on a parasite rotaion . Ladyjenie here is doing that and feeling better .
Definitely worth a try as several are posting improved energy and had no luck with ABX in the past . ( Neither did I ) . Good luck.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was my question also.....annxyzz how did it feel/ is it helping?

what is this Lyme morgellons??

It sounds like I missed something...

I will Google, but your experience..

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used it as well. First time started very, very low. The paste was the size of a one or two nickels and within an hour had a big die off.

Tingling, slight numbness, sweating, very slight heart palp and slight head and neck pressure. It felt like something was coursing my veins.

Second dose nothing and within 2 weeks of 3 days on and off nothing. By week 2 I got to the full dosage and went 30 pounds above my dose.

I started to develop eye shakes or tremors and pulsating blurriness the morning after taking it. So if I took it for 3 days on each morning those eye disturbances would be stronger. I go off of it and that phenomena disappears.

Read this:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117794;p=0

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you actually see anything..are you feeling better?
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I never felt any better on it, as is the case with many things that I have taken.

I did not feel a reduction in twitches either, as others reported. I did not feel any improvement, only the eye disturbances.

I know that I had an initial die off, but who knows what it was killing off.

I had added Humaworm and Artemisinin afterwards as well & now for the first time ever my liver enzymes has gone up slightly.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Be sure about the additives it may contain. Often (but not always) "Flavored" can be another word for MSG.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Looking at the product link, it makes me wonder if this is safe for human consumption.

All thoughts and emotions aside regarding horse meat for human consumption (I know!), there is this note there that seems to imply this could be toxic for people, even through the meat:

"WARNING: Do not use in horses intended for food."

That statement speaks volumes in a warning against human consumption (and maybe for animals, too)? It's not specific about the food "consumer" whether if to be for dogs, etc. or humans but . . . still . . . does not seem safe at all for your purposes.

You say you just ordered this from Amazon. You might be able to call their customer service dept. and stop the order.

If it's already been shipped, ask them how to "not accept delivery" so it goes right back to them. But you would then be charged return postage as it's "buyer's remorse" and not their fault.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/durvet-reg-ivermectin-paste-1-87-6-08-g-5144639

Product link from first post above
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I share a story : I had a case of scabies and could not afford ivermectin. I told my doc I found it at tractor Supply . Her answer : "Smart Trick. "

The reason animals can not be slaughtered like cows or pigs with these drugs is to keep it out of the everyday diet , which is smart . It is not because the drug is not useful or dangerous .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Go to this link:
http://www.durvet.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=85:ivermectin-paste

At the bottom sort of hidden you'll see detailed links on the product with MSDS, label, detail sheet, etc, with EVERYTHING you want to know about this product. I'm going to go read on it now and see if there is anything scary in the detailed information.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

My experience : I had a strong and unexpected herx . I also took it usually every other day . After four months I had an improvement in energy, which 3 years of ABX never accomplished .
I started feeling better . Because of not being sure of how long I could safely take it , I stopped and "lyme " fatigue and symptoms returned .

On obtaining more information, I have begun it again and am getting over the bad herxing . I hope to see an energy improvement withina cuple of months . I also plan to rotate meds like albenzadole which are available as vet meds .

I believe everyone should use information, good judgement , and caution. May I add that VET MEDS are SAFE and pharmacy grade ? I have pharmacy friends with PHDs who say so !!! They often have a label" Not intended for humans ". WHY ? The meds intended for humans are INTENDED TO COST A LOT !!!!! PROFIT is the issue !

"Not intended for humans " does not mean not safe for humans. It is just a reflection of the problems in our system and the power of big pharma.

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Comment: I started dealing with the parasite issue as a skeptic thinking this was an off the wall notion. I see it diffferently now !

If you take TIME and google : "ivermectin babesia" ivermectin lyme disease " ivermectin parasite use " you will find many boards where people are using this , and you will see it is used in many countries , often given by governments to citizens in poor countries . Overall it is safe . I have no problems pulsing it . No side effects now at all . Visual issues may occur temporarily if taking too much I have read but are temporary .

There are severa;eople here who took abx a long time with no good results who are improving with parasite treatment . That is remarkable . I can not tolerate the problems with year after year of ABX .

I did not think I could have a parasite issue . However , I read about studies with lungworm in CFS studies ( Harvard Dr Klapow ) and Dr Eva Sapies with filaria showing up in many ticks. Burgdorfer found them in ticks , many strains.

I also found unusual looking seeds and stringy objects when I took the parasite meds . ESP pyrantel! I am inclined strongly to believe that part of the issue that we face is taking ABX for years will never kill off the problem keeping many of us sick- parasites .

Seeing sick people have ANY improvement is convincing after my own experience with ABX . Reading Gael's story is convincing .

We are all seeking solutions safely , but years of ABX rotations do have some risk also .

"Not intended for human consumption" may really just mean "not expensive enough for you ".

I know many people who have used vet meds and pharmacists who tell me they are all Pharmacy grade . I really like THomas Labs as they are also cheap .

Do your own research and use your own judgement . That is the best we can do, but if years of sickness with ABX is the result , then a person who is still sick asks " maybe there is another issue here I am not addressing ".

--------------------
annxyzz

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

annxyzz, I don't think people are worried about the ivermectin in the horse product, I think they are worried (at least I am) about the possible OTHER INGREDIENTS and also possible ROUGH OR APPROXIMATE OR INCORRECT DOSING.

See link I posted above with full ingredient list, most of it looks OK.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Alsos , the first thing I noticed was my twitches were calmed . The twitching sensations under my skin are almost gone and I noticed this first .

As far as other ingredients , they would have to be listed . The drug has a good safety profile and is used in many countries around the world .

Do not be fooled into believing a vet med is inferior . If you want stromectol, buy it .

As far as "dosing " it would be hard to overdose on it from my reading . But most doctors using it are pulsing anyway . If you pulse it according to weight there seems to be a huge cost savings and convenience factor .

You can start even lower than your weight on it if you are apprehensive. I started with my weight and pulsed every other day , to avoid problems and that has worked fine.

--------------------
annxyzz

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the human version but when I could not get it, I took the horse wormer. The main problem is it is harder to dose accurately so you can get too much or too little.

I was taking it everyday for months and developed visual disturbances and headaches. When I quit, iIt was gone immediately (the next day). I plan to just pulse it. I feel as close to well as I have been in years.

So my suggestion is to follow one of the pulsing schedules and start slowly. I think lyme or protomyxzoa is much likely to kill you than ivermectin.

In some malaria infested countries they give it to people so when the mosquitoes bite, they die - One way of controlling malaria. I like to think the bugs biting me are biting for the last time.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I think taking it every other day is the cheap safe answer and gives your body time to deal with die off - herxing .

I had a toxic reaction more than once to a drug given to me via a doctor . Drugs can take time to clear the liver in some people ,so pulsing , if applicable is a good idea .

BTW : you can read thousands of consumer complaints online of people buying generics that do not work at all . Go to People's pharmacy radio show website and read the complaints of people taking meds that did not work when given a generic .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

I think taking it every other day is the cheap safe answer and gives your body time to deal with die off - herxing .

I had a toxic reaction more than once to a drug given to me via a doctor . Drugs can take time to clear the liver in some people ,so pulsing , if applicable is a good idea .

BTW : you can read thousands of consumer complaints online of people buying generics that do not work at all . Go to People's pharmacy radio show website and read the complaints of people taking meds that did not work when given a generic . Astounding . FDA approved too .

I have an issue with the fact that the vet meds are often a cheap safe choice , esp for people with no insurance and desperate . My pharmacist says they are high quality and pharmacy grade standards . Any differences will be on label by law.

If the label says bird biotic 100 mg doxycycline , it is exactly what it says. I also dated 2 pharamcists who told me the same thing . Vet meds are safe and the label will tell you what is in the bottle by law .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Nefferdun : so glad you feel better ! Ladyjenie feels improved . I believe Tammy has posted she feels better . Gael feels better also after attacking parasites rigorously . I do not think it is a short battle as they replicate and have been with us a long time while we were trying to kill our enemy with ABX and not getting better .

I am NOT saying this is a lyme cure! I am saying it is very possible an issue that keeps many desperately ill while we take ABX and stay sick and may be ignoring another pathogen that should be addressed . It only makes sense to consider parasitical infection a problem in the illness with filaria in ticks and lungworm in CFS studies .

--------------------
annxyzz

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

I'm also taking Mebendazole right now and although weaker than albendazole it has LESS SIDE EFFECTS and is give me a lot of improvement!
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Dan: great news . Ladyjenie had improvement with fenben and is becoming more active now and had been VERY ill a long time . Her improvement encourages me greatly .

I searched morgellon's sites and found quite a few people - some with lyme - posting "feeling better with fenben " .

How many of us are posting : " Getting well with ABX " ? My three years did not help me much and caused a hell of a lot of problems. That is why this " experiment " seems as reasonable as YEARS of ABX rotations . As Stephen Buhner stated , " Everything with lyme is experimental ".

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The warning about eating "meat" from slaughtered animals may be there for a number of reasons...

Some people may have allergies to certain medicines or cross-ractions between this & other things people may be taking. There's also a problem with this drug being released into the environment via feces, slaughtering animals, etc. I believe that this drug can kill insects in the soil if it's not disposed properly. I don't know how sewage or animal waste is handled. This may present ecological concerns.

So, it's not always that the drug or horse paste is "poisonous". Some types of animals - like specific dog breeds - have a genetic sensitivity to this drug. It can be very toxic to those specific breeds. So - you wouldn't want them to eat meat from an animal taking it.

I don't think this is the case with humans, though - since it is prescribed to humans with no ill effect that I know of. I have read that it's fairly safe even in very large doses. I don't know about long term safety.

If it's a concern, there are alot of herbal anti-parasite formulas you can try. Just because you don't see big worms doesn't mean it's not working. Also - this product addresses a specific type of parasite during a specific life stage.

When doing an anti-parasite program - you have to give it time to kill the eggs, larva, adult stage & all the other possible stages. They can also encyst & survive the drug onslaught to come out later - after it's all over & it's safe for them. Many drugs do not effect specific life stages or the eggs. You need to address all of this.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Sparkle , collies can not tolerate ivermectin I read . ( My fav dog! )

You are right that the parasites are not usually visible , and that every stage has to be considered . There is another drug that is often added to iver for that issue - I am not sure but think it is diethylcarbamazine .

Gael got better after attacking parasites with herbs and salt C protocol after years of ABX doing nothing . The journey is not quick and may require long term herbs or meds rotated or salt C etc. But how many of us would like to do an honest day's work ? How many of us would like to have a day without feeling fluish or lousy or VERY fatigued ? It is encouraging to read a post here that some people are feeling beeter with a different approach . Maybe we can learn from one another - I learn a lot here and would be in a bad place without the help here . I also learn from googling diffrent things and ending up at diff health sites reading personal experiences .

The marvel at all is that anyone would attack parasites and feel "lyme " symptoms improve after years of ABX that never yielded improvement in energy level or function.

I ask those trying the parasite approach to post their experience and share results and possibly what your particular "tools " are - salt C , fenben, Ivermectin , cloves , albenzadole .

Thank you Dan, nefferdun , Ladyjenie , Tammy , and Gael for sharing your measure of improvement .

--------------------
annxyzz

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

I think the parasite drugs we are talking about are not making us feel better due to killing parasites. I think it's something different. I'm not saying they don't kill worms - the drugs do, and that probably helps you feel somewhat better.

BUT when I take mebendazole, all my Lyme areas tingle and hurt, even areas on my forehead, arms, etc. This has happened before when I take a really effective antibitiotic.

I think the parasite drugs are actually disrupting the Lyme colonies themselves. Maybe they are attacking the biofilm, maybe there is a part of the borrelia lifecycle we don't know about, or maybe yes maybe, there are tiny worms nested with Borrelia. But whatever it's doing, it's hitting the Lyme colonies somehow directly.

I also think that Lyme somehow "uses" or "steals" DNA or parts of worms to build it's colonies. I remember when my Lyme got bad 10 years ago -- it was when I also had a bout with parasites. They somehow helped each other and built off each other.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Dan,
Just glad you are getting relief anyway. How do you know you do not have parasites if you did have them at one time ? I also had 2 different parasite infections years ago . I have to question if my "lyme " symptoms are part of those - if the infections never cleared or then again the filaria can come with lyme infection or even a mosquito. It is hard to know , but the part WE CAN figure out is when we feel better . This illness is so miserable that a day less miserable is a stand out . A string of days feeling better is even remarkable and not a coincidence . Glad to hear you feel better.

Perhaps the mebendazole does disrupt the biofilm .

How long did you take mebendazole before starting to feel better ? Where do you purchase it ? What have your side effects been ? Has your energy improved ?

I do think the ivermectin may hit babesia - very possible on that . I have to say that I am leaning in thought toward parasites being a REAL issue with lyme because of seeing eggs released with pyrantel and some other visible evidence .
Also because of the science / studies from Burgdorfer finding MANY strains of borrelia swimming with filaria . The CFS Harvard study finding lungworm in CFS / lyme patients also causes me to consider parasites as a root cause of this endless illness that ABX seem ineffective with . I logically question another organism that ABX do not easily kill and especially one that reproduces .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Interesting Info I found at lyme busters :
google : "Lymebusters report fenbendazole results here ".

Anecdotal info there of people on fenben - a parasite drug Ladyjenie is being helped by .

--------------------
annxyzz

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience in treating all the different infections so far is that treatment is more effective when you rotate drugs. These other parasitic drugs are interesting and I will check them out.

The LLMD's put me on a protocol which they expected me to stick with for years, without continued improvement. I switched myself and that is when I got better. To treat babesia I did mepron, zithro, malarone, coartem and then chloroquine (just 4 days).

Even though ivermectin is supposed to be full spectrum and the parasites are not supposed to develop resistance to it, whenever I take a drug long term it loses it's effectiveness or I begin to get side effects. I got headaches with the horse paste. I know I can't tolerate the other drugs being used to treat protomyxazoa, like flagyl so where to from here if I get to the point that I can't tolerate ivermectin?

It isn't that the drug is any more dangerous than any other drug. I just can't tolerate long term use of anything. I developed an allergy to zithromax after using it for nearly two years. I even developed problems to herbs I used daily. So I guess I need to pulse and rotate.

I have only take horse paste twice in the last week and I am doing fine for the time being. I have no symptoms today. Hopefully I won't relapse from taking it too easy.

By the way, the stromectol I ordered did not make it through customs. This is the third go around trying to get it. It has been two months. I wonder. . . . .

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Nefferdun , Lady Jenie is rotating parasite meds also . She started with fenben and is adding iver I believe . Her doc has her on a rotation I believe . She is making progress and starting to have a life again .

It is sad to hear how long you were treated for babs with no results . So discouraging and expensive !

I think the horse paste is easy to use if you use pulsed every other day rather than every day . My opinion from my experience .

Did any of the babs drugs ever make you feel better ? Did you try alinia ?

The herbs that have kept me alive with lyme are :
Grapefruit seed extract coptis artemesia annua all help with lyme AND ARE ALSO effective with parasites ironically .

Nefferdun , you might consider some of the ideas Gael has using Kroeger herbs . I have begun using extra cloves myself .

Hope you get your med soon and find some creative ideas for your improvement .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Good luck with ABX hit . My 3 years did little to nothing . The people I know with lyme got no better on them , nor any significant help with a "LLMD ". I am only posting my own experience , but it is echoed here frequently .

There are people here attacking parasites and making improvements and starting to have a life again .

Before you dismiss the idea , do some research as studies are confirming them in lyme with filaria and also lungworm with lyme CFS patients .

There are other people at different health sites with lyme who are testing positive at labs for a variety of parasites : strongyloides , ascaris, filaria, lungworm .

You may want to research ivermectin also and parasite protocols . Ivermectin is used around the world safely and given for malaria by African governments to citizens. It is not CANDY , but there are real people here improving with it , and with a protocol addressing parasites .

There are many LLMD s now employing parasite protocols . It always helps to get info before forming conclusions - facts can be helpful.

--------------------
annxyzz

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

neffer I agree on rotating. Drugs work for me for about 3-10 days, THATS IT, no matter what drug. I've stayed on them for months just to see if I'm wrong - nope, after the 3-10 days, they do nothing but add side effects. Rotation is key.
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at the risk of sounding like a Pollyanna,

I do believe chronic Lyme and co. folks can and do get better with antibiotics.
If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be taking them or using my 401k for treatment with an LLMD.

I've worked with 2 LLMD's- both gave me anti-parasite drugs-
but I told them I had parasite issues- and with the 2nd LLMD, tested positive for protomyxzoa.

The 2 big cyst busters, flagyl and Tindamax, also hit parasites hard - IMO-- with Tindamax.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

surprise - FYI : you might want to gooogle "Dr Eva Sapi lyme disease ivermectin " . This will explain more . Filaria is a parasite often found in ticks. Some docs in Europe are having good results with ivermectin and doxycycline .

I sincerely hope your drugs work . My 3 years of ABX got rid of pain but left me still very ill with OTHER problems.

It may not be that all lymies have parasites , but there are anecdotal reports that show people addressing parasites getting better . Some post here . Most of them took lots of the usual drugs and got nowhere like me. The rife thread is full of people who did not get well with ABX or who quickly relapsed .

There are people who use the ABX and flagyl and get well I am sure . I just have to speak from personal experience and say the folks I know with lyme who did the ABX gave them up - every person I know . They were just not effective.

I genuinely hope you feel better and get well .
You might be interested to read more froma member here , GLM , Gael, who took meds for years and only got better after addressing parasites with a variety of salt c and herbs .

There are a variety of parasite meds and parasites : strongyloides , filaria, roundworm ,
ascaris . You might also want to read : google
Klapow study CFS lungworm ( a Harvard study ) . Some of the folks in the study who had lungworm parasite had lyme.

I have not heard of the meds you take being used for FL1953 , but maybe someone else here knows more . There have been many here found positive with FL1953 . A handful of lyme people and people with FL1953 on parasite meds are improving and sharing . It will probably not help everyone, but I am seeing people post more positives as time goes on. Some people started feeling better with stromectol/ ivermectin or fenbenbadozole / mebendazole in a few months .

Best of luck in your journey .

--------------------
annxyzz

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi -
I am on Ivermectin (human form)
I've done Humaworm, Bonifuge, rounds of Albendazole, Alinia, ketoconazole for yeast which released some wild things,
cloves, drank Pin-X the last full moon.

Tindamax has been very powerful to me for parasites.
I am 2 weeks on/off it for Lyme disease.

Recently for protomyxzoa, my LLMD had me on Malarone, Artemesia, and Beyond Balance Bab-2.

While it confirmed for me I don't have Babesia (LLMD didn't think I did, either)
I didn't find it really effective for parasites, and didn't want the toxicity-

What I do know for sure: I have deeply entrenched and chronic, 15 years + untreated, Lyme and Bartonella.
Parasites too, obviously.

I am a rather older woman with young children. I need to do everything I can to be of sound mind and body for them in the future.

Doing the best I can. And I do believe the antibiotic protocols I am on for the Lyme and Bartonella are going to help get me there.
I see improvement already, having just completed my first year of treatment.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

We all seem to have different combinations of things wrong with us. It might be chemical toxins, yeast/fungus, parasites, viruses, bacteria, metals...

Parasites are an area that we generally don't address. Like I always say - it's not always big worms. The parasites can be microscopic & they can move around the body to escape treatment. They encyst & wait until the treatment has stopped & then come out & reproduce again.

I believe that some of these things are chimera & may be combinations of different pathogens. So - it may take a number of things to get them out of our bodies.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

So 1/5 the durvet syringe is about 18mg according to my calculations! That's a lot! That means those of us who want to start at 3mg dosage should take less than 1/6 of 1/5 the syringe. Disclaimer: not sure my math is valid, don't try this at home, I'm not a doctor!
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I read reports at other health sites and found most people dosing according to their weight .
That is what I did . It is extremely easy . The tube has marks that measure .

I started with my weight (125 lbs ) and dosed every other say . This formula may possibly be stronger than the pills but I am not sure . I do know many others are using it at weight like me without problems .

If you want to try it and are afraid , start at half your weight . I had a whopper herx with my weight dose at first , but I could tolerate it because of dosing every other day . It would have been a mistake to take it every day , IMO . The die off would have made too much misery building up. Also , many of us are slow to detox because of liver .

Many people with morgellons are buying it at Tractor Supply and using it and many are feeling better . There are a lot of morgellons people who also have lyme disease .

There are folks here whose docs put them on stromectol ( same thing as iver ) and I believe all of them PULSE IT . Usually every other day , or two days on three off , etc.. You can read Bea seibert's old threads and the threads about FL1953 and find different variations of pulsing .

--------------------
annxyzz

nefferdun
Member # 20157

annxyzz, The malaria meds did work for me and I was only treating it a year. Then protomyxzoa came to the foreground. I have gotten through borellia, ehrlichia, babesia duncani and bartonella with abx and anti-malarial drugs. I hope protomyxzoa is the last infection.

I do develop drug sensitivity though and the side effects are worse then the infections. Luckily this usually happens when the dominate infections is changing and I need something new anyway.

Last fall, I was all over the place taking anti-malarial drugs and then quitting because of the side effects. Finally it rang a bell that I might have protomyxzoa. I tested positive in the spring.

I was pretty sick when I started the diet and then the ivermectin. I got better so quickly it was almost miraculous. I took horse paste for two weeks and quit when I got headaches. I did the diet without any drugs for a month but the symptoms started creeping back so I started the stromectol I had ordered.

I was not sure how to take. Everyone seemed to be on a different schedule. I thought if it was a blood parasite like malaria maybe it would be best to keep it in my system all the time until I had a complete turn over of red blood cells. So I took it every day.

Just recently I read a newer interview with Dr. F and he said it lives outside the red blood cells, so it is not like babesia. That is when I decided it is probably ok to pulse it.

Stromectol was easier for me to tolerate for some reason. I had no side effects at all but I ran out and my second order has not gotten through customs. It has been over a month that I have been fooling around with the horse paste again. When I tried to take it every day I got headaches.

Now I am 3 days off and one day on. Occasionally I feel a little bone pain in one ankle or one knee. Otherwise I am doing really well. My stamina is much better. My thinking seems to be nearly normal which is a huge relief as I was terrified I was getting dementia.

I give credit to the diet and methyl cycle supplements too. I hope sticking to the diet, I can get off all the drugs.

--------------------

annxyzz
Member # 20404

nefferdun, your story is amazing. Boy is it wonderful to hear a little good news ! I am amazed that you felt better so quickly with the stromectol .

It is wonderful to hear your cognitive abilities are improving . I think it is hard for anyone to think when they feel like absolute POOP! It is amazing to hear someone say their stamina is returning and that they can think again. I have a friend on fenben who has been ill a long time and no longer has breathing problems and is also having a return of energy.

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

For those curious about ivermectin I found a thread at mdjunction of reports of many people treating FL1953 with it and using horse paste version of stromectol . There were positives reported , some reported feeling better for the first time in years .

I googled "feeling better with ivermectin " and the engine took me to MD junction. Some of you may find this interesting .

--------------------
annxyzz

droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is anyone taking ivermectin WITH antibiotics?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

I am taking ivermectin with Bicillin shots, Tindamax 2 week on/ 2 week off.

I was prescribed the Ivermection for 1x a week max dose for my weight- however this week I'm off Tindamax,

so did the Ivermectin 3 days this week-
very, very tired.

I'm having trouble with the low fat diet because of my low weight (100 pounds), gluten free, and yeast.

But when I hear of others energy rebounds...boy. The fatigue is so major for me.

But yes, I'm taking it with antibiotic treatment for Lyme- and rotate other parasite stuff.

--------------------
doing okay!

annxyzz
Member # 20404

I can not tolerate tham anymore , but it is being used with doxy in Europe and Dr Eva Sapi says some are having good results. I am so sick of ABX and also fear superinfection- we are having episodes here in GA of flesh eating bacteria . I really have personal reservations about taking them because they caused me problems and did not make me well .

You may want more info - google "Dr Eva Sapi lyme disease ivermectin " .

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I happened to come across this today -

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/toc_191500.htm

It might be of use...

annxyzz
Member # 20404

More anecdotal info ( I am not a scientist or a med professional ) : I found another thread that some here will find interesting . You might want to google "Has your LLMD tried parasite medication healingwell.com "

I am finding NUMEROUS boards with people reporting results for lyme and morgellons with parasite meds . I am NOT advocating anything , just sharing info.

Evidently , from my reading , a lot of desperate lyme and morgellon's patients are taking to horse paste and are improving. Some people have docs who RX it . Others just heard about someone else's good results and decided to self treat . ( I bet Tractor Supply is happy ) .

Also interesting are testimonies of sick people with lyme who take parasite meds and can breathe better again - several reported positive tests for strongyloides .

This is not an attempt to advise anyone .

There are also boards for lyme morgellons in Germany and it looks like they are using fenben a lot in Europe .

--------------------
annxyzz

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement