LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What was your experience with mimosa pudica?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What was your experience with mimosa pudica?
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the "miracle" that Dr. K claims?

I just don't have more $$$$ to keep feeding these parasites.

Past 2 years, I have treated with Parastroy, Kroeger Wormwood combo, and Dr. K protocol several times.....all unsuccessful!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi RZR, what is it that makes you sure that parasites are the problem?

What symptoms do you have?

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcarry:
Hi RZR, what is it that makes you sure that parasites are the problem?

What symptoms do you have?

I see one worm in the toilet daily, which means they are leaving my body....just not soon enough.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got you! Sorry I can't recommend something.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey RZR. I know that there is one person on this site that says that MP has helped them a lot. I have only heard of it when Dr. K. mentioned it once. I don't see anything else on it and I don't here about people's results. Dr. K/ says that it is 30 times stronger than the pharmaceuticals. I find that hard to believe; I have taken both.

I would like to see if anyone is having results with this.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

I know someone on the board said they got rid of lung worms with it, but would love to hear from others.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

RZR
Member # 20953

I just ordered mimosa from Hopkinton Drug.

Does anyone have a reliable less-expensive source to get the powder from?

[ 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: RZR ]

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It got rid of my Lung worm and who knows what else?? I took it for 6 mo,also did papaya seeds and nebulized Iodine.

I felt better on it,no die off. But we r all so different to how we react to things.

I got mine from Hopkinton also. Never did find any,any cheaper.

I still have some,and was going to give it away,but my doc said to keep it,as may be needed down the line.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

quote:
Originally posted by Healing in Santa Cruz:
It got rid of my Lung worm and who knows what else?? I took it for 6 mo,also did papaya seeds and nebulized Iodine.

I felt better on it,no die off. But we r all so different to how we react to things.

I got mine from Hopkinton also. Never did find any,any cheaper.

I still have some,and was going to give it away,but my doc said to keep it,as may be needed down the line.

Thank you!

I ordered from Hopkinton today.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing in Santa Cruz. I hope I didn't already ask these questions.

Have you been treating Lyme Long? Also, have you done antibiotics for a while?

I didn't have a herx on it. I never took it long enough to see what the results were. One of the reasons I stopped was that I would get very constipated. Did you have that problem?

Where did you get the nebulized iodine?

Sorry about all of the questions.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries,Haley. No have not done ABX except for herbal ones. I love Byron White herbals,Buhner,Dr J etc.Rife and more alternatives. My Md muscle tests me and I also energy test.

7-8 yrs treating.Dxed at 23 yrs but may have had lyme and co long before that.

I am now doing The liver gallbladder miracle cleanse by Andreas Moritz and now having good bowel movements and positives,lifts between the crashes. This is a biggie for me as I had constant

ongoing herxes. KPU treatment has also helped.

My SSKI Iodine is a script from my doc.For some reason not to use other iodines like Lugals SP?I bought the nebulizer on line. Let me know if u want to know where.

I still have a ways to go but so grateful to finally have positive shifts.

For me I feel Mind,Body,Spirit,Emotions need to be worked on.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Good luck with it, RZR. Mimosa is one of the things I'm considering too.
RZR
Member # 20953

quote:
Originally posted by ukcarry:
Good luck with it, RZR. Mimosa is one of the things I'm considering too.

Thanks! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Haley, it made me constipated. Only did it for a few days.

I think sometimes the parasitic stuff can do this, so watch out. Poor Randibear has horrible diverticulitis symptoms which she believes humaworm had something to do with.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

The other thing that happened is - I left one of the pills in an opened pill box. The pill turned hard as a rock. I could not break it with a hammer. The ones that remain in the bottle are fine.

The MP does not expire until 2013.

I wonder if anyone would be willing to experiment and try to leave one pill out to see if that happens. I am thinking about sending the pill to the manufacturer just to ask if this is normal.

RZR
Member # 20953

Hate to hear about the constipation issue.

That's always a problem for me with binders, so hope this doesn't happen with mimosa. [Frown]

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a super old thread but I'm pretty sure mimosa pudica is what is causing all my gastro issues. I stopped it on Thurs and already I'm feeling a bit better (though still terrible after meals).

Luckily my LLMD thinks diverticulitis instead of pancreas issues (guess my main pain is a bit lower than pancreas) and he seems to think it will resolve well.

Just in case anyone is searching for Mimosa pudica, I thought I'd add my piece here. I've been miserable for about the last 5 weeks on it.

It didn't start immediately though, so it took a while to figure out this might be the problem piece.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Thanks, Paleogirl. How much were you taking?

I have just started it in capsule form, but super slow ramping up, as after my second capsule (taken three days after capsule 1) i had a foul Herx.

I started again on half a capsule for a few doses and am now tolerating one capsule every other day.

Hope your issue resolves itself quickly.

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought... The "herxes" and gastro issues may be a parasite die-off. If the herb is "hitting the target" - it can make you really ill. Die-offs are no fun - especially with parasites.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I don't think it's die off unless I have a really bad worm attached in a spot the size of a dime in my lower left quadrant....no other symptoms of die off (I've herxed plenty on other meds for lyme & co, and also for parasites). I can't remember what mimosa is supposed to hit, but I think it's not my main parasite problem.

I was taking the full dose (3 capsules 2x/day on empty stomach), and the manufacturer said I could do all six capsules at once if I wanted so I tried that for a couple of weeks too.

I hope it works for you!

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement