LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » joint pain increasing with treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: joint pain increasing with treatment?
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have joint pain increasing with treatment. I have shoulder pain where an MRI reveals nothing problematic, so source of the pain is unknown. The FL1953 bug is a possibility. I have been treating with low-fat diet and malarone, and the pain has increased with treatment, particularly the malarone.

Curious to hear the experiences of others.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm going through this, too. I was not tested for FL1953. When I started Raintree A-P - that's when I noticed it. It's been like an on-going herx for the past month or so I've been taking it.

It was joint pain in my hips & rib pain, along with shoulder & neck pain. Sometimes it's in my jaw, too. It moves around & comes & goes. It usually gets worse late at night & when I wake up or when I take the A-P caps.

I'm wondering how long I have to go through this. It's not fun. I was able to actually feel better after taking the Parastroy for 9 months. I treated parasites on & off for 2 years before that, though.

The A-P feels like it's going deeper than the Parastroy did.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this also and when I did lots of antiparasitics and salt/c, small scabs would form at my wrist joints. When I picked at them, a small parasite would emerge.

I have read somewhere that the parasites can burough deep in the tissues and start to emerge layer by layer as they are being killed off. The salt/c wakes the hibernating ones up.

Sorry for everyone that is going through this horrific disease. Don't forget the cloves to kill the eggs and larva.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was happy not to have any consistant joint pain & 10 months into treatment I started to get knee snapping and knee joint pain.

Just yesterday my wrist started to crackle and at the brink of pain there for the first time.

It just gets better and better.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, this is one of my worst symptoms (actually it's gotten progessively worse over the past 5

years of treatment)... some days (like today)I can't walk... or if I get up my knee just goes out from under me.

It's as if bone is hitting bone in my knee joints...very painful.

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into this for your shoulder:

http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter495/index.htm
Quote:
Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields influence cell behavior by inducing electrical changes around and within the cell.
Improved blood supply increases the oxygen pressure, activating and regenerating cells.
Improved calcium transport increases absorption of calcium in bones and improves the quality of cartilage in joints, decreasing pain dramatically.
Acute and even chronic pain -also caused by osteoporosis- may disappear completely.

This is a list of research articles:
Bioelectromagnetic Research Library
http://www.healinglightseminars.com/bioelectromagnetic-therapy/bioelectromagnetic-research-library/

The SOTA Magnetic Pulser has a 30 day guarantee, so you can return it if you change your mind.
http://www.sota.com/magnetic-pulser.html

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael!

Yeah, I've been wanting to get one of the SOTA magnetic pulsers. I'm still very happy with my LightWorks. It's not a Bionic or PE1 but it still is useful.

I think the elastic knee braces can help. There's one I used to have with infrared fibers. I don't know if it was just the compress-ment or it was the fibers that helped...?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, I had been planning to do PEMF with my doc. I thought all the PEMF machines were so expensive, in the thousands. Anyone used this one and got good results?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MichaelTampa,
Yes, I bought a SOTA Mag Pulser several years ago to treat the pain in my knee.

I read how it helped to normalize the cells so they could function better.
The stupid knee hurt when I did steps, when I walked, when I was just lying down.

I'm pretty cheap, but it was worth it to me to try it, rather than go through all the rigamarole of doctors and physical therapy visits.
I had so much fatigue that if I went to the doctor's, I couldn't make supper.

I set up the unit in the bedroom so I could lie down while I used it.
The knee pain improved over the next couple weeks, and I eventually stopped treating and put the Mag Pulser away and forgot about it.

I was talking with someone else in the Lyme chat room who used one, and he suggested that the Mag Pulser would work on back pain.
I realized that I could treat sacroiliac pain, kidney pain, muscle spasms, and toothache.
It worked on abdominal pain and a stiff neck.

If you get a chance, look at some of those research articles.

There is info on YouTube, showing how to use it.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement