LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Wisdom Teeth extraction, is it a risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth extraction, is it a risk?
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know if it's ok to pull 4 wisdom teeth at same time? My kid just got into what we hope is a third remission period, at least there is no pain, she's still fatigues easily.

I'm scared pulling the teeth will disrupt biofilm and release any sequestered Borrelia. Have faxed to LLMD for guidance.

Any info/ideas/recommendations?

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they bothering her? Why are you considering the extraction?

I had a dentist recommend extraction when I was about 17 "because they were crowded." I chose to ignore that advice and am glad I did. He lanced a gum that was particularly painful as the tooth was trying to erupt, and after that every one of them just came in eventually.

A friend of a friend advised years ago that we should hang onto our wisdom teeth, as they can be good "anchors" for partials down the road, if needed.

Pulling wisdom teeth, to me, seems counterintuitive to "mother nature's plan" - that if we start to lose molars as we age, the wisdom teeth migrate to fill the space.

Why would you get rid of your "spares" and opt for an implant down the road at $5-$7K per tooth? Is this just easy cash for your dentist?

Unless she has infection, decay, or pain, I would take a pass.

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard a story directly from a lady who had ALL her teeth removed because of Lyme and before even starting treatment. They had all become loose and needed removal.

She had 40 of 44 symptoms. She was given ABX after removal and she herxed and ultimately realized she had Lyme.
She had mini strokes, a minor one and a major one before treatment.

After starting ABX and Colloidal Silver she was in remission. It was 5 months of CS that got her better. Even with all her teeth removed she had gotten better.

At the end it is guess work as to how people will react, but at least there is hope with this story.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Ask her LLMD. What does her dentist think?

Also avoid numbing agents that contain epinephrine. It can be way too stimulating.

But so can the procedure (even just BEING in a busy environment like that) so, if done, I'm not sure any dentist would take all four out the same day. I thought they usually go two at a time.

Arrange that with the oral surgeon in advance.

If they are coming in perfectly, they may be fine remaining. And if they are removed, you'd want to avoid what is called

cavatation (sorry, too tired to explain that).

However, will she be able to brush AND FLOSS all the way in the back of the back teeth? THAT's really important.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 2nd Keebler. Ask the opinion of her doctor, hopefully a LLMD. Removing 'em is rarely a neccessity, but Can help "down the road", as far as dental health issues.
I had mine all out well before the Lyme, mainly 'cuz I had a small jaw for my set of teeth (from Mom's side).
But I had only 1 out first & it was a strain, as is ANY surgery. But I recovered fine after a couple days. Then had 2 more out at the same time & it was not as bad! Still, I wonder if it was ever really needed.
Get a 2nd & 3rd professional opinion before you go down this route.

That said, don't do all 4 @ the same time. That's silly.
Any big stress on the immune system, like a quadruple extraction is just "asking" for a relapse, in my opinion.

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Lyme as a kid and "mono" at age 17. (Lyme) At age 18 my dentist recommended all 4 to be extracted because they were coming in sideways (lying down horizontally).

I had just gotten thru with braces so another consideration was not letting all those years be wasted. Anyway, I did not relapse or become ill, though I was out from my summer job for a week.

The DDS had some problems and I swelled up big. You don't want the whole story! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my wisdom teeth removed years ago and wish I had not. I'm sure it helped the dentist's bottom line. I was young then but now I can see there was no good reason for the procedure.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.healthandinspiration.com/sickness.html

a mom, please read this. Then google "Chris Hussar Wisdom teeth" and find more sites that will be informative.

It is very important that the work be done clean as Dr. Hussar describes in some of his other writings. Just google his name. There is no one better. He did all my work and knows what it means to do it right.

It is important to find the right doctor.

Best wishes.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Everyone! Her teeth do bother her. She seems to want them out.

I did put in a call to LLMD, tried to get an appt, but couldn't get it, office said he was overbooked. Faxed note didn't seem to reach him. Plan to try to connect again this week.

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi -

I have to disagree with one statement of the author made in your link ...

He says that pelletized "Morganite" (which is commercial fertilizer made from sewage) is a reason why "organic" means nothing.

He is dead wrong.

When, at the request of Agribiz, the USDA considered allowing recycled sewage to be labeled "organic" - there was a massive (well-organized) public outcry! The public eventually prevailed, when the USDA decided it could not be considered for the "organic" label. (And rightly so!)

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, google "Hussar Wisdom Teeth" and google
"Klinghardt Wisdom Teeth". They both know what they are talking about because they have dealt with cavitation and incomplete/poor extraction of wisdom teeth for many years. The price people pay for sick wisdom tooth areas is very high.

AuntyLynn, I don't know enough this to comment.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement