LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anybody?/opinion sertraline (zoloft)?/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anybody?/opinion sertraline (zoloft)?/
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
friend just mentioned she and now daughter are on this,, She thinks it's a pill that just calms you down a bit ,..

so you don't feel like your jumping out of your skin.. She really didn't know it was an antidepressant.

I've tried several drugs ,including Cymbalta over the years ,
when doctors were trying ti say ,it's all in your head and you need to take prozac or something and get on with your life.

They never made me feel better and usually felt like it was changing ME [Wink] .....myself and I.

I do take Valium for muscle jerks and sometimes crying jags...which are actually different than thinking something sad and crying.

I am upset that I'm laying here wanting to have my life...were I'm just living, nothing special , grand-kids, ministry/or helps org.,I used to love to travel, cheap, and have glorified garage in the mountans ,that's like a cabin...

Does this help

Cymbalta , made me loopy.?

and 20 lbs in a month...

But other thing's with this illness were just starting to kick in at that point.

I had spent over 9 months getting over A typical pneumonia, which was probably this or the brush with Brucellosis.

Any opinions? I can't seem to take Same/ 5http etc cause thryptophan (sp?) seems to make me feel real yucky.

BUT [Frown] I'm trying so hard to get better and feel like I loose ground to often..or mess up timing.

I just feel like such a waste.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nonna, I took zoloft when I needed something for the mental effects of menopause. It worked wonderfully for me.

My mind was always flying, mostly onto scary possibilities and negative things like all of the people who were dead. I had such agitation and anxiety, every day was a white knuckle ride. I couldn't bring myself to eat. I got so thin it became scary. It was truly unbearable.

A good psychiatrist started me out on a ridiculously small dose of zoloft. The very next morning when I woke up, I just had a NORMAL amount of thoughts going on in my brain. It was wonderful!! It was like a miracle.

I slowly worked up to a normal dose. I became my normal self again. It didn't change me. It got rid of my "mental illness" from menopause.

So, the zoloft did the trick for me. Doc said I had an agitated depression. I stayed on the zoloft for 9 months based on the statistics he presented to me. I weaned myself off with no problem, and I was good to go.

My neighbor has a long-standing back problem and she has taken zoloft for years because it also helps with that pain. She says she plans on staying on the zoloft for the rest of her life.

I think its a great med for certain conditions.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can start with a low dose and see how it works.

Hang in there!

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does it help sleep any?
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement