LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help! terrible anxiety 12 yr old/parasites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! terrible anxiety 12 yr old/parasites
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for advice please.

My son is 12 and in lyme treatment using photon therapy. He has been steadily improving over the last 8 months.

We started parasite treatment using herbal tinctures, but also did a

very small amount of flagyl to combat giardia(water born parasite)

we all picked up from our well water.

Over the last week his anxiety and other neuro symptoms have increased greatly. Total space outs, falling, eye ticks, tons of anxiety.

I took him for EAV testing today and it came back as parasites being the main problem, with metal toxicity second and lyme third.

Any thoughts on treatment? Should I keep him on the parasite herbals even though his symptoms are getting so much worse?

If I do keep him on the herbals should I ramp up or down?

I'm thinking to increase binders using chorella and charcoal.

Also got photon frequencies for parasites, anyone ever tried this?

His body tested NOT liking the herbals and likeing the frequencies, but I have heard that parasites can be very deceptive.

Trying to keep positive, but this is really sucking.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry your son has to go through this. Hate to see children suffer. My thoughts are that he may have other G.I. parasites as well as giardia. The symptoms you describe are all on the symptom list at Humaworm and google. Does the tincture contain alchohol? Is it a childrens dose?

I would definitely keep treating him with antiparasitics, BUT, I would ramp DOWN on the dose and eliminate the flagyl for now. (not medical advice...just what I would do)

If the tincture has alcohol, I would consider an herbal in capsule form. Humaworm has a childrens dose.(Not affiliated with Humaworm) I would also not increase the chorella and charcoal for now.

PACE NOT RACE has always been my guidline even though I will become aggressive with tx as tolerated. Best to pulse the herbs and wait for the herxes to calm down and then continue. It's the way that the salt/c protocol is done.

Hope this helps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael.

He's not taking any flagyl now and hasn't for a number of weeks.

The tinctures he's taking DO have alcohol, but we have them and live rurally so getting children's doses of capsules would take a couple of weeks.

Any thoughts on keeping him on the tinctures while waiting for capsules or just taking a break until they get here?

Also why would you not recommend upping the binders? I thought the metals were being released from the parasites as they are elliminated?

Does this sound like a herx? My fear is that the parasites are stirred up and being aggressive.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were to slow down on the herbals, then it would make sense not to increase the binders.

I would just keep him on the tinctures, but ramp down on the dose if he starts to herx and wait until the herx calms down to give him the next dose.

The parasites will start fighting when they are being poisoned and start to die. The symptoms are from the herx. Google signs and symptoms from dying parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The anxiety and eye tics may be due to low magnesium.

The liver needs magnesium to make glutathione, which it uses to detoxify poisons.
Supplementing magnesium could reduce the Herxheimer reaction.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Here is what I go by. He got the tics and anxiety AFTER she started the antiparasitics. My conclusion would be that it's from the parasites. Cause and effect. That's just the way I think, but certainly not saying there are other possibilities. Increasing foods higher in magnesium or glutathione would be a more natural approach.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Thank, yes I have been using magnesium rub on him, he also tested for low liver function today, so upping the liver support too.

He did have high levels of anxiety right before he started treatment for lyme, but the anxiety was mostly gone until the parasite thing.

Personally I think the flagyl was too strong for him, but he was losing weight so fast with the giardia, and at feet and 86 pounds he doesn't have any to lose, so I had to go for the big guns.

Thanks for any thoughts. Ultimately I have to make these choices myself, but added input is very helpful.

birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had giardia twice in the last two years and it was what lead me to my Lyme diagnosis. I know how horrible it can be!!

Tindamax is what finally got rid of it for me. I did two rounds of 14 day flagyl and couldn't get rid of it. I now have roundworms. I believe it's from my immune system being so compromised.

I have been doing parasite treatment now for the last 6 months and it's been a little rough. some days better than others but definitely an increase in symptoms when I first started.

Sending big hugs to you and your sweet boy. I'm sure it's hard to watch him go through this.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always get some cloves, wormwood and black walnut hull (dry form). Cloves at the very least until the humaworm arrives. Or maybe just some salt/c or DE.

[ 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its parasite die off, ramp down and keep going,god i feel for him im getting ready to start the same ttreatment as your son and im scared to death and im 33 y o, as gail said keep goin if anyone would know its her prayers

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever anyone is on a killing spree -- parasites, bacteria, fungi, viruses -- the body is dealing with dead proteins/dead bodies, plus all the toxins they were holding and still causing.

I would stop the parasite treatment and start helping the body to unload, with binders that will hook up with the toxins and help move them out of the body via the stool. Colonics. Better drainage remedies including fungal and toxic metal support.

If you had this person doing EAV, get their support. They would not be doing EAV if they did not know some of the answers you need to have right now.

Overkill is not the way to do it and all killing has major consequences starting with release of toxic metals and chemicals, thus releasing fungi and candida, and then addressing any possible loose ends of bacteria and viral problems.

Fungal toxins/candida are definitely the worst I can think of.

Do not add more dead parasites to the ones he is still hanging onto - do not continue parasite treatment right now. If he were energetically tested for parasites right now, the body would give a strong "no" signal. After unloading the dead material, then you can go back, but with stronger binding protection starting with the first day of parasite treatment.

Not everything people refer to as herxheimers is beneficial to the body. Yes, the parasite meds or any other meds may be working, but overloads of toxins can be very detrimental and not as easily repaired as we think.

Hope you can have EAV or similar testing done again. www.andreannarainville.com

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Thanks for the thoughts.

The EAV practitioner recommended upping binders and using photon frequencies for parasites.

He has had numerous clients get parasite relief from frequencies alone. He is truly a believer in photon therapy, which is great, but I still like to get more info as he has only treated lyme adults and all of them have done numerous treatments before going to photon therapy, my son had no treatment before photon.

My son tested negative for candida and fungals. So that is good.
He takes regular binders and has a super clean diet.

His body tested NO to parasite herbals and yes to frequencies.

It's just me trying to cover all of my bases in second guessing that result.

Having a practitioner who is a bit of a zealot is great for some things, but also leaves me feeling that he may not have the whole picture. I'm had to adjust some of his advice to continue the healing journey.

We did some lyme and detox photon therapy yesterday before bed and he slept better.

Today we are taking it easy and just doing lots of detox.

Trying to puzzle this all through is tough and scary so thanks for helping me work this out.

p.s. above should have read "5 feet and 86 pounds"

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For any practitioners to say, as you described, he has no candida and fungal problems, hits the wrong nerve in me.

Any energetic testing, such as EAV, reveals only what is presently a priority for the body.

The rest, if any, of toxins, infections, often does not show until some of the treatment continues and layers are removed and treated. Stay alert to that. That is why any energetic testing has to be repeated frequently and to avoid treating the wrong problem. Maybe in another hundred years we will have a machine or method that tells it all instantly. But it is not the case right now.

So being alert for fallout and its consequences is very important in order not to make things worse.

Any well directed photon treatment causes major fallout and it is very wrong to ignore that.

And remember, detoxing without binders is not possible. It makes things worse, reabsorbs and redistributes the toxins that are being released in die-off. You have got to get them out of the body.

I wish you good things.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Yes, to clarify, he said candida and fungals remedies were not showing to be useful for my son right now.

I do muscle testing at home and with a local chiropractor who does supplement testing, but have to travel quite a distance for EAV, we tend to go when I feel like his symptoms require it.

Yes to detox detox detox!

He's quite a trouper for all the small cups of nasty tasting stuff he drinks. He takes chorella daily and clay and activated charcoal to symptoms. He also drinks vitamin C flush drinks, epsom salt baths, and exercise to get those toxins out

Photons are super powerful and I've learned lots about their use, but am still very much a beginner. Ultimately it seems to me we are still in the "early adaptor" stage of their use. The community of people using them is very small and written info is even more scarce.

Thanks again for conversing it's so helpful to hear from people who are making healing happen for themselves too.

derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this ****s impossible to figure out it just seems like theres no good end insight for anyone, everyone says so many different things uuuuggggghhhhh its confusing

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Yes derk it is confusing!

If you read carefully though you will see that both Gael and Gigi recommended reducing parasite treatment, just how much to reduce was the question.

After much thought and prayer I decided to half his parasite herb treatment, but not to stop it all together as he is showing signs of parasite activity -itchy scalp, & butt.

Added 2times the binders and upped the vit c flushes. Been talking to him about enemas. It's tough, he's 12 and just on the edge of wanting more teenage type privacy but he could feel much better with a little flushing.

Also been doing light photon rotation for lyme and detox, just to keep that under control while we work through the bigger bugs.

Just got the photon frequency for amoebas and I'm thinking about adding it in, but first trying to find info on photon use for this problem.

The neuro symptoms are letting up some, no more eye twitching, less anxiety, but still lots of brain freeze.

He still has a very sore tummy.

Thanks again for any thoughts.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi canadianmamma,

Glad to hear your son is doing a little better. An itchy butt can be a symptom of pinworms. Try putting some vaseline on his rectum so that the worm can't come out and lay more eggs at night. Other home remedies for this you might want to look up.

A warm water enema would be very good as well. Vewry important to get dying parasites and toxins out. There is a brain/gut connection...google it.

Derk,

What helped me a lot when I realized I had parasites was to keep it simple and stay focused on killing parasites, fungus and detoxing.

I also took lots of coconut oil and kefir along with chlorella, digestive plant enzymes and extra cloves and of course salt/c. It doesn't have to be that complicated.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get some opinions about my sons continued parasite treatment.

As the above posts cover, we tried anti parasitic herbs before the holidays and he reacted with extreme anxiety and other negative symptoms.

I took his dose down to half and then tapered it off before christmas based on energetic testing saying it was negative for his body, and the obvious increase in his wellness once he was off the herbs.

He still shows signs of parasite infection, sore tummy, mucus in stool, itchy but, sore flaky scalp, as well as neuro symptoms.

I also took him off chorella recently based on it hurting his stomach and testing negatively.

After researching and trying to figure this out I decided to start him on diatomaceous earth, he also tested positive for it.

He started DE yesterday. Today he has a less sore belly and nasal discharge (he could be getting a cold?).

QUESTIONS:

Is there an other food/herbal substitute for chorella for heavy metal detox?

Some people use DE for metal detox, does it serve dual purpose or is that just for people not dealing with parasites?

Thoughts on how long to stick with the DE before adding another thing (the herbs or salt/C) ?

Thanks you for your opinions and advice!

dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canadianmama, I can't imagine how hard this must be. Glad your son has you by his side. Were you using chlorella vulgaris? This is gentler on the stomach. I have heard great things about DE. I have not yet tried so can't offer any advice on this.

Also, my LLMD had me on Pecta Sol C following heavy metal testing and it was very gentle. Good luck to you both.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Thanks for the idea dbpei. Pectin as a metal detox looks very interesting. I'm adding it to my research list!

Turns out my son did get a cold, as did my three year old : (

Still on the DE and his stomach seems to be tolerating it.

Strange thing happened last night, my son was scratching his head and so I unthinkingly offered to put a few drops of an essential oil blend called "thieves oil" on the itch.

I only meant to put 2 drops on but it poured out about 20 drops or so on the top of his head. It started to sting so I diluted it by adding a few Tbs of olive oil.

He said it felt fine, but three hours later he had a rash on his forehead coming down over his eyelids a little bit, like tiny pimples.

He thinks it could be parasites running away from the thieves oil, I don't really know, but it sounded plausible to me. Any thoughts?

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modified citrus pectin and zeolite are also used for heavy metal detoxing. DE is not a binder of heavy metals but it cuts parasites and moves them out. DE may be contraindicated for a sore tummy.

If you are up for it, here is a good read on various detox methods and products:
http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity3.html

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement