LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anxiety In Stores/Large Spaces

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anxiety In Stores/Large Spaces
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone...I have been noticing that lately when I go into large stores, like grocery stores or malls and the like that I get a major increase in anxiety. I think it is related to my disequilibrium, dysautonomia (specifically unstable, overly low blood pressure) and my leg weakness especially...I am so unbalanced and I become afraid of toppling over.

This anxious feeling isn't purely psychological however..its as if when I am in a large space my body just can't cope and everything goes into hyperdrive or something...Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? It's incredibly disconcerting. I usually am able to just power through and do what I need to, but it takes a colossal effort oftentimes. Thanks in advance for any imput/comments. Jess.

Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had that too. It's as if it is too much sensory input. I'm not sure if it's the overhead flourescent lights (they flicker without normal people realizing it), or f it's all the toxins and mold floating around.

This does go away with treatment.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too... too much sensory input like lymeinhell said. My LLNP said it's because my nervous system is so inflamed, even the smallest bit of sensory stimuli is too much.

I think I remember Keebler also posting about this in terms of the horrible lighting and sensory assault that occurs to our inflamed nervous system in big stores.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to know I am not alone on this...too much sensory imput is the perfect way to put it. It really is frightening when it hits. Jess.
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like possible MUSES syndrome or chemical sensitivity?
Posts: 109 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
STAY OUT OF LARGE STORES. PERIOD. They are not good for us, or for anyone, really.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from a 'quick' (ha ha) trip from Costco-
I literally broke out in a sweat in the store, and came close to fainting.

It was AWFUL.

I used to be able to do the weekly family grocery shop by myself- full grocery cart- now have to take husband.

Here is the thing that bothers me:
Before I knew I had Lyme, before treatment,

I used to be able to do these things! It is very frustrating that during treatment, while I am suppose to be getting better,
I no longer can.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you gotta love walking around walmart, fryin like were on acid, and yet i play it off to everyone around me like im perfectly fine, IM SO ****IN SICK OF IT!!!!

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, yes, I used to have this terribly -- I still get it somewhat, but nowhere near as badly as when I was first sick and undiagnosed.

Derk, that's a great description, really.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to walmart once and ended up having a full blown panic attack i guess.

i started getting dizzy and thought i was going to faint. everything and everyone was like i was in a barrel or something. couldn't hear and felt nauseous like i was going to pass out.

my chest hurt and i couldn't breath. i had to leave immediately. got to the car and sat gasping for breath.

don't know what caused it, but it was really bad.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I'm very serious about the need to stay out of these kinds of stores. I would bet money that for each hour in one, a month is stolen.

The toxicity is just awful in what we breathe in there and the vestibular, visual, brain sensory assaults can damage our endocrine/adrenal system.

It's absolutely vital to avoid such places.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Derk-that really was the perfect description! Keebler, some of us need to go to these stores though for our basic needs. One of my dearest friends needs to go to a large store to get some of their meds...sometimes you HAVE to go to these places. Jess.
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sensory overload was more with my hearing.

I couldn't stand Kroger's, especially.

The constant BEEEEPING of the registers, the droning of the freezers, rustling grocery bags; every little sound just overwhelmed me. Made my brain just SHUT DOWN.

This year is better, but when my symptoms are bad, I avoid it as much as possible.

I always use a cart as a 'walker' too bc my leg can go GUMBY on me at any time.

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've experienced this too. I think in my case it can be triggered by low blood sugar or by neurotoxin buildup in the brain. Haven't had it since I started taking yucca root for ammonia...but don't know if that is correlation or causation...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
high brix
Member # 23676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for high brix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A contributing factor may be the higher levels of electromagnetic radiation (EMF) in certain public places. According to Dr. Klinghardt, EMF causes 'lyme spirochetes to increase biotoxin production.'

Check out this info from Dr. K...
"After being exposed to ambient electromagnetic radiation, production of biotoxins in the mold culture increased more than 600 times."

"The mold not only put out significantly more micro-toxins to protect themselves but also much more virulent, much more vicious, more poisonous micro-toxins"

"Molds and lyme spirochetes inside the mother likewise increase biotoxin production when exposed to electromagnetic radiation."

"The amount of cell phone radiation in a cubic inch of air is now several million times higher than just ten years ago"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/25/the-unavoidable-hidden-factor-that-greatly-contributes-to-autism.aspx

"Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD, is known for his successful treatment of neurological illness and chronic pain with Integrative Medicine. In this video, he explains how electromagnetic fields (EMF) interfere with your biology, and how EMF contributes to the creation of autism"

Posts: 58 | From east coast | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement