LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can rife treatment cause bladder pain ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can rife treatment cause bladder pain ?
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having UTIs that will not clear with CIPRO . I am wondering if rife could be contributing by irritating bladder ? Any feedback or ideas ?
Thank you !

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had cycstitis and realized any antibiotic in the beginning made it flare really bad.

I started detoxing by drinking lots of pure water, graduated to lemon water, and started doing FIR sauna.

I also think I had bacteria or fungus in my bladder area.

Once I started doing nystatin I had a break through and my bladder started healing.

I rarely have pain now.

I also did enemas and colonics.

I swear the purified water leaked across and cleansed the bladder/vainga area.

I always have to urinate more after a colonic or enema.

I think the cipro may be contributing to the irritation.

I did nuch better not using strong meds to deal with it.

Actually nothing the docs prescribed really helped except the nystatin.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it has something to do with mercury exposure? I was just reading that there's a connection between urinary porphyrins & mercury exposure...

Just a wild guess...

fyi-

Quantitative Evaluation of Urinary Porphyrins as a Measure of Kidney Mercury Content and Mercury Body Burden during Prolonged Methylmercury Exposure in Rats

http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/61/2/234.full

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so appreciate the input as nothing seem to work and it makes me more tired than ever.

If cipro does not work( which I have read does happen to others) then one wonders what the offending organism is that causes the problem. I have been using probiotic , drinking water and have tried everything I know - even ideas from Earth Clinic .

Thanks for the ideas!

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann, have you looked into D-Mannose for bladder infections?

Read the reviews here to see how it's helped other people.
http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=d-mannose&x=16&y=10#cid=1895&none

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible that frequency treatment might irritate it more if it is already irritated.

Have you tried nystatin? It usually works for this. You can use D-Mannose along with the antibiotic. It will only help if it is E-Coli but that is usually what it is.

You could try the E-Coli frequencies, but they did not work for me.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I think about it when I ran the E-Coli frequencies for some slight intestinal pain it made me ill feeling. I repeated this treatment several times but it never killed the bacteria.

Since E-Coli clings to the bladder wall you may also make it worse by using frequency treatments. Just a possibility.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cranberry juice will make the e-coli not be able to stick to the bladder wall...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you rife and are successful in killing anything, the toxins released are in the body and can cause symptoms of different kinds. Binders are a must to remove the toxins from the body. The binders should be on board BEFORE rifing or any other killing.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D-Mannose is the best thing to use. It is safe and effective. I don't know anyone who has gotten bladder pain from rifing.

Herxing from rifing doesn't cause a bladder infection. Something could already have been starting before the rife.

Maybe also see if you can try a different antibiotic. Cipro doesn't seem to be helping you.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Just for clarification, D-Mannose is the active ingredient in Cranberry juice. E-Coli attaches itself to the mannose and carries it out of the urinary tract.

The urinary tract has some mannose in it normally but it is usually attached to the bladder wall. When you flood the bladder with mannose the E-Coli attaches to the mannose wherever it is. Only so much is attached to the bladder and the E-Coli does not care if it is our not. Eventually, all of the bacteria will be carried out by this process, or so the theory goes.

Dan

lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been rifing for a year, and fighting lyme for 5 years. Yes, yes, yes, it can cause bladder pain. Many, many rifers I know go through this. It is usually because of the toxins are expelled through the urinary tract and it is constantly inflamed

Detox, detox, detox

DoNOT keep rifing, let it calm down
epsom salt baths, drinking tons of water-be careful of overduing lemon water=it draws out more toxins

Are you using some sort of lymph drainage?-I use a holisitc remedy and use a product called cirqutonic- by vera vita works really well for bladder issues

hope this helps

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I so appreciate every helpful comment !! It seems the bladder irritation feels worse within a few hours of rifing . I am definitely going to lay off rife for a couple of weeks at least .

I am out of D Mannose now and just ordered thru amazon. The local stores here rip people off with supplement prices .

I have been drinking lots of water and cranberry juice does little to nothing for me. I feel like anything acidic makes me feel worse .

I think the rife does effect my bladder at times , but never had an infection til menopause . It is common for UTIs to start at menopause , so I started hormones ( sick of kidney infections ) which have cut down the frequency of infections .

Thank you all for your suggestions. Each is welcomed !

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the rife is killing bacteria, parasites in your bladder & it's causing toxins that are irritating it?

The D-mannose works pretty good. Baking soda works very well, too, to decrease pain... like right away. Uva ursi (herb) helps...

Antibiotics never did much for me with uti.

Here's some other info -

(can't post the link due to some technical issue) it's from here - http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com

Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection
Treating Urinary Tract Function by use of Baking Soda
A mixture of 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water can be very helpful on the first signs of urinary tract infection. The presence of baking soda in your system raises the acid-base balance of the acidic urine.

Treating Urinary Tract Infection by Drinking Water or Fluids
It is very important for your system to have a good flow of urine. This can be done by consuming plenty of water. It cleanses your body by diluting and flushing out the unwanted substance. Fruit and vegetable juices are also excellent home remedies for bladder infection as they provide your body with the vitamins and minerals it requires to fight off the infection.

Treating Urinary Tract Infection by Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice disallows bacteria to cling to the cell, which line the urinary tract. It is a great remedy to fight this infection. If you cannot have the cranberry juice directly you can mix it with apple juice to add some taste.

Fresh cranberry juice is one of the most effective home remedies for bladder infection and it is a better option as compared to bottled cranberry juice. However, if fresh cranberry juice is not available, you should choose a bottled variety that has the minimum amount of added sugars and additives. Processed sugars and additives could aggravate the condition and so they should be avoided as far as possible. Cranberry juice is one of the most commonly used home remedies for bladder infection in men and women.

Treating Urinary Tract Infection by Aromatherapy
You can make an essential oil by using equal parts of sandalwood, bergamot, tea tree, frankincense and juniper. Mix all these ingredients to make an oil to be rubbed over your bladder area. Continue this massaging technique for three to four days once the symptoms subside. This is one of the simplest home remedies for bladder infection and can also be used from time to time to prevent bladder infection. These aromatherapy treatments are used to reduce the severity of the symptoms and not the infection itself and are considered to be excellent home remedies for bladder infection symptoms.

Treating Urinary Tract Infection by Echinacea
You can consume at least two capsules three times a day of Echinacea and Oregon grape root or goldenseal to fight the infection.

Treating Urinary Tract Infection by Tincture
In acute cases try having 1/2 tsp of tincture every hour. Severe infection needs severe measures. Blend equal parts of pipsissewa, buchu, echinacea, and uva ursi tinctures. Have 20 drops of this blended mixture every two hours for first two days and later 1 tsp four times a day, till you have completely recovered. Have a soothing tea such as marshmallow root to counter the strong antiseptic effect of urva ursi.

Diet for Urinary Tract Infection

Increase the Intake of Vitamins C
Vitamin C prevents the bacterial growth due to the acidic environment created in the bladder and the urinary tract. It is very important to have a healthy diet which is rich in minerals and other supplements for your daily quota. You can maintain the alkaline content in urine by a rich diet of milk, fruits, and fresh vegetables.

Citrus fruits are an excellent source of Vitamin C and can be added to your diet in the form of a mixed fruit platter. You can also use a salad dressing made out of Olive oil and fresh lemon juice or orange juice.

Fresh Berry Juice
Women consuming fresh berry juice as part of the daily diet, turns out to be very useful in the long run.

You can make your own fresh berry juice every morning and night for quick results. Mixed berry juice is one of the best home remedies for bladder infection as this will help to provide you with a variety of antioxidants and vitamins.

Avoid Irritant Foods
A diet which consists of processed food like cheese, chocolate, dairy products should be avoided. You should also avoid spicy food, caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes which otherwise is also harmful. Avoid carbonated drinks like beer, soda or any other drink with fizz. You should also restrict your intake of processed flour products and bakery products must be avoided altogether as they have a high processed sugar, processed fats, and processed flour content.

Stay away from Artificial Sweetener
Aspartame is one of a kind of artificial sweetener. You will find many artificial sweeteners in the market which should be avoided. It is mainly consumed by diabetic patients and is used in many beverages and other foods.

Artificial sweeteners may aggravate a bladder infection and so it would be better to avoid such sweeteners for a couple of weeks or at least until your symptoms have subsided.

Suggestions for Urinary Tract Infection

Hot Compression
You can place a heating pad on the lower abdominal area to provide some relief to your pain. You can also use a hot water bottle but make sure that you refill it with hot water as soon as it starts to cool down.

A hot compress not only helps to decrease inflammation but the extra heat helps to prevent the spread of the infection. Most bacteria and fungus require a warm condition to thrive but cannot survive in hot temperatures.

Reflexology
Working on the bladder or kidney points can provide you some relief from this infection.

Dressing Comfortably
Wearing loose-fitting and cotton clothes helps a great deal. Wearing tight undergarments and tight fitting clothes creates more room for infection.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

These suggestions are wonderful and will help more people than myself .

I will try baking soda as I read about it at earth clinic. I have heard of uva ursi and marshmallow , and will research them at iherb
and sloan kettering herb website .

Thank you for taking time to help me . I have been feeling awful and hope these will work. Cipro usually helps , but has not been helpful this time.

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

I just ordered marshmallow root and Nature's Way Kidney Bladder Support. These had great reviews at iherb for UTIs and for the bladder condition Interstial Cystitis (IC) .

Some people at earth clinic state that they found coconut oil and milk efffective also .

--------------------
annxyzz

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep in mind that if you have Interstitial Cystitis that cranberry juice will make it WAY worse.

I buy D-Mannose from Swanson's Vitamins. Very cheap .. it's the NOW brand.

TWO MONTHS SUPPLY

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-foods-d-mannose-500-mg-120-caps

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Tutu,
Thank you . I notice it feels worse with cranberry juice or with acidic foods . It may be IC , but I do not have insurance and am somewhat assuming it is . I do have an infection however , but acid seems to aggravate it .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Note : I went and bought some marshmallow root capsules and feel better already . This herb is VERY safe , even in pregnancy , and it is great for all mucous membranes, esp intestinal - gastric, lungs , bronchial , and urinary tract . It basically applies a protective layer on the membranes and also works to soothe inflammation . The reviews of people suffering with bladder and lung / chest problems were amazing . THIS IS ALSO CHEAP!

It is very helpful with asthma , bronchitis, pleurisy , bladder infections and Interstitial Cystitis (I C ) .

I have had recurring bouts of UTIs , pleurisy , and bronchitis, and costocondritis. I am hopeful this will cut down on the chronic issues I have as it protects mucous membranes . It has antiinflammatory properties as well as coating the membranes.

I will keep you posted with my experience and I thank Sparkle for her suggestion and the others here. I am also waiting for D Mannose !

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I find you are almost always better off using the more holistic methods if possible. They tend to heal the problem rather than suppress it.

I'm not against drugs but they have their place. There are some many herbs that are good for UTIs - it's better to give them a try than depend of abx.

Baking soda is alkaline & it will make your urine more alkaline. It's not good to take it indefinitely but it can be helpful for now.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann... someone here told me about this product today .. in regards to my stomach issues. It could kill two birds with one stone for you!! (IF you have stomach issues as well.)

http://www.pureformulas.com/gi-barrier-repair-180-capsules-by-neuroscience.html

It contains marshmallow and two other ingredients.

As for acidic stuff, read labels on drinks and processed foods. Citric acid is my enemy!! It is in MANY foods and drinks... even some supplements. So be on the lookout.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

TUTU
Marshmallow is really cheap, this stuff is expensive . Please look into PRELIEF , a product that neutralizes acid and helps people with GI and bladder problems . The reviews for users are great and it is reasonable at amazon .

--------------------
annxyzz

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I had heard of Prelief many years ago and didn't really need it.

I didn't know it might help stomach issues!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Calcium and phosphorus???? That's all?

http://www.vitacost.com/akpharma-prelief-300-tablets

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Read reviews at iherb and vitacost TUTU . Many say they can eat anything as long as they take prelief . I ordered because I am wondering if bladder is irritated by herbs I take. And when I have an infection, any acid makes the discomfort much worse .
Many reported far better gastric function and less pain . It sounds like it is simply minerals that neutralize acid . Maybe some of us have too much acid in our systems and the acid erodes the mucous membrane linings . That is what I have read . Prelief neutralizes the acid and marshmallow root literally forms a protective shield to protect the inflamed tissue and also reduces inflammation . That is my unsophisticated analysis of what I have read.

--------------------
annxyzz

Doug2
Member # 42549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am caregiver for my daughter who has chronic lyme. We just began rife treatments (Doug coil style machine)which are so painful she can barely tolerate them. Even at low power and extra distance from coil. Has anyone else experienced this. What does it mean? Thanks,
Posts: 2 | From Fayette, OH | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement