LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » treat mom first, then kids?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: treat mom first, then kids?
gonnakicklyme
Member # 39963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonnakicklyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am going to have all three of my kids tested for lyme since I was diagnosed. I am certain I have had it all my life. I am feeling overwhelmed at the thought of all three and myself going thru this at the same time.All three of my kids have lyme symptoms. Has anyone experienced this?
Posts: 14 | From tn | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I'm very sorry to hear of your situation.
I have no children but, yes, there have been many families where more than one person (and even every family member) has lyme.

I know that's not the answer you wanted but, always, it is imperitive to first identify the truth. You will find a way to process that and manage it all. Really. It can be overwhelming, though, so one step at a time. Keep breathing.

Ask your LLMD any and all question you have. It's best to find out what an expert would suggest in all matters.

As treatment can take a while, and lyme can damage the body in many ways - if at all possible - it's best to have everyone who has lyme to be treated as soon as possible.

There are various levels of treatment and various approaches, too, depending upon the individual.

Most LLMDs nearly require support supplements along the way. That makes treatment more tolerable.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonnakicklyme
Member # 39963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonnakicklyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your kind words and reassurance. I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone! Extended family doesn't get it or believe me and good llmd's are hard to find. My little one is on antibiotic for ear infection as I write this and she is complaining of kne pain, headaches, and feels horrible! all since starting antibiotic. hmmm. herxing im sure of it!
thank you for your post. reassuring of what my gut already told me. we must fight it as a family most likely.
God Bless

Posts: 14 | From tn | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello. My 12 year old son has lyme as does his step mom and her two 3 year olds.

Fight it as a family for surd. Mixing up three sets of each supplement for example can be time saving. BUT as I have seen with my son's step mom and her little ones it is important that the parent be able to function in order to make treatment happen. You will have to be the one measuring out medicines and such.

I hope you find a great LLMD soon, but if that is not a possibility then research to the best of your ability and start slow.

Many are finding that treating parasites early is key to recovery.

Also use this board and the educated people here. Sometimes they will give you conflicting advice, but in general it's really helpful.

Also to note: some antibiotics can make lyme change forms and are not good fits for lyme sufferers, so I'd post what your daughter is taking and see if it is safe.

Healing thought and blessings to you and your family.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
SOME BASICS
------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (&/or whatever else is going on)

Other tick-borne infections and other chronic stealth infections - as well as certain conditions that can hold us back - are discussed here.

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/lymeseroneg.html

Reasons for False Negative (Seronegative) Test Results in Lyme Disease

=============================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

What ILADS is & WHY you need an ILADS "educated" or "minded" Lyme Literate doctor (whether MD or ND, or both) - starting with assessment / evaluation.

===============================

The Lyme Controversy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVPRWiukp_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yk0C-uX9cU&feature=related
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonnakicklyme
Member # 39963

thank you keebler for all your help. not so overwhelming knowing i can ask questions and not get shot down. bless you
ktkdommer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna-
What a terrible situation to be in. Unfortunately this is not as uncommon as you think.

My story is different in that I found out I had Lyme after my first child was diagnosed at age 14, then myself and then my 16 year old. Because of there ages it was a no brainer that they had to get into full treatment. My youngest was bedbound, so he was my focus.

My sister passed on Lyme to her one child. She was terribly sick and couldn't handle even her own treatment and keeping meds and supplements straight. She waited until her brain cleared a bit before starting my nephew in treatment. We have a lot of supports in place like checklists and routines so that they both are getting the right treatment.

I have been handling 3 of us in treatment for 2.5 years and I call it my other job as I work full time. It has not been easy. Organization is key!!

I have heard of families having to prioritize who gets treated first and down the road. I think this is the reality of the disease.

I will caution you that children entering puberty can change quickly with this disease.

Will your doctor be able to help you make decisions.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I had to go day by day and literally hour by hour at the hardest point. I also have worked with my doctor to avoid bad herxing myself because I have to work and care for kids.

Keep in touch!

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there.my entire young family has Lyme. We've all been treating for over a year. Husband and I treated about a year before we realized the little ones had it too. It's not always easy, but it's crucial. There are ups and downs but knowing you are taking appropriate action to heal your family is imperative.

Be sure to give your whole family some slack. The house being tidy isn't as important as a rested parent. Realize when you are losing patience and always remember your child is sick too. Herxing at the same time is just the pits. Avoid it if you are clever enough.

Lots of lemon water for the kids is helpful. Good healthy organic diet, if you can. Epsom salt/peroxide/rosemary oil baths soothe my little ones at bedtime.

It will all be worth it when you have your lives back! Hugs to you!

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Sorry to hear this. My entire family of 5 has had lyme. My twin boys were diagnosed at age 4 and my daughter at age 2. I can help with a simple herbal protocol that has really helped us. I wish I had tried this before abx because it worked better for us and is safer, in my opinion. You can send me a pm if you want more detail. Will respond when I have some time.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement