LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sleep
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need help...took sleep apnea test. Showed a lot of fragmented sleep and much brain activity during sleep. I take a .5 klonopin during the day, closer to night. CONSTANT DREAMS. how can I get in the right cycles of sleep when it's off. I know this contributes to depersonalization, as does tbds, hormones...anyone? Thanks

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they prescribe a CPAP machine?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I didn't have apnea bad, said it was mild.

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom said she slept better than she has in 20 years once she got on progesterone.

I have slept better than I have in years after cutting out wheat.

When I used to take Benzos, they interfered with my sleep. Initially, they helped, but once my body got used to them, I needed a higher dose to achieve good sleep.

After I got off Benzos, I didn't sleep well for 18 months. It was terrible. Even after that I didn't sleep well. (was still on wheat at the time.)

I had a sleep study and woke up 90 times. I have tossed and turned for YEARS. So annoying.

What has helped me most is cutting out the wheat. I probably only wake up about 4 times a night now. Also, taking a good multi.mineral and the iodine in kelp helped, too.

Hope you figure it out and get some good sleep, soon. I know how frustrating it can be to wake up so many times.

I would read the side effects of the drug and see if you think that has anything to do with it. I know when I took Melatonin, I had increased dreaming, and brain activity at night that eventually turned into nightmares. Good luck - hope this helps!

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

I wish I could do hormones. was told I have too many clotting factors and can't do them. I'm perimenopausal, going on 50. Thanks for your advice. Feel good.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natural progesterone doesn't promote clots...might talk with a Naturopathic or Integrative physician...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mentioned depersonalization - that, for me, was more related to low thyroid. I tested low in T3. When I went on Armour thyroid this past summer, I felt present again. 1/2 tablet, or 30mg, 2x/day.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sleep study showed I had very fragmented sleep as well...no sign of apnea at all.

I think I sleep well but wake up feeling unrested most of the time. My husband says I seem to sleep like a log but it obviously isn't a good quality sleep. I take 0.5 klonopin and 1 Kavinace. I was told by the sleep doctor that Klonopin will interfere with deep sleep but it is the only thing that will actually make me fall asleep.

I was on lunesta for years but was having even worse sleep on that.
I wish I could find a solution to my sleep issues also because I know I would feel so much better...

Wish I could be of more help...

Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

After awakening, I'm confused and badly dp'd.that was the reason for the test. Thanks for your suggestions.

[ 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: lyme in Putnam ]

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bio identical progesterone can help sleep. Sublingual melatonin can help too. I also take
2 mg Klonopin at bedtime with a muscle relaxer.

Even with all the above, I have to have a night time routine where I have some "me" time and slow down to relax. It still takes almost an hour to go to sleep after all those meds.

I did not start to get better until I got sleep under control.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thanks. Do you know anything about homeopathic progesterone? When I started bioidenticals I was clotting for a month and a half, found out I have a lot of clotting factors. This last month I have neck and face rush that I never had before. I don't think it's tbd, more 50ish and hormonal.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement