LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone use EDTA suppositories? Worry-free experiences, please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone use EDTA suppositories? Worry-free experiences, please!
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.

Am hoping that some of you might be able to lend some words of encouragement (via personal experience) on this topic...

Any EDTA suppository experiences in relation to metals (i.e. lead) chelation out there? I'm talking the 'safe' form of EDTA...edetate Ca+ (calcium) disodium. I've come across some not-so-pleasant stories about formulations that don't contain the necessary Ca+ (calcium), and they are quite horrific.

So- are edetate calcium disodium suppositories safe...effective...not frightening?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken Detoxamin (EDTA suppositories) on and off. Have had no problems with it.

My doc recently told me to re-start taking them twice per week at bedtime.

I think we need to do them fairly long-term in order to gain benefits from them. But I wanted to encourage you.... not to worry, I think you will be fine with it.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy!

Thank you sooo much. This is exactly what I needed (was hoping) to hear this evening. [Smile]

May I ask a follow up, here? Did you notice any flare or immediate change in any of your symptoms?

Thanks a ton, Tammy!

Healthy wishes to you.

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I didn't notice any change at all. No flare, no problems.

On a side note -- it is said that if you have toxic metals, you have parasites. GiGi has posted extensively on this. It has also been my experience.

I have now been treating parasites for almost 11 months and am still passing parasites daily (to my own shock and amazement!). I had no clue I had an infection like this. Without a doubt, treating parasites has helped me more than anything else. I wish I understood the importance of this years ago. But better late than never.

Wishing you all the best.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Tammy,

Thanks for your input.

Please trust that I do recognize the importance of parasites. I had some testing done that revealed significant past exposure to a couple of classes of parasites. I ended up doing what I would classify as a more mild parasite cleanse/detox protocol several months ago.

Although I didn't notice any vast improvement or changes following the protocol, I am convinced that these critters probably remain a large issue for me. Therefore, I plan on trying a different approach (i.e. Salt/C) -including something that is far more aggressive- in the very near future.

Thanks again for your valuable help!

Healthy wishes!
Told you...

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too did not notice any worsening of how I felt the day after EDTA suppositories.

I sometimes did a clay footbath the next day or took chlorella/clay as a binder just in case.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Hi ukcarry,

Thank you for your response. I like the sound of a clay footbath, day after.

I ended up using the suppos last night, and am doing okay this a.m. I do have some mild stomach pain and bloating, but I have also experienced pain in my shins, knees and thyroid (this has now mostly passed however).

I will just be so happy when this next phase of my treatment is actually over with. Two and a half years into treating the tbd's, I find myself SO over it already!

Well, thank you again.

Best to you!
Told you...

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken Detoxamin for a couple years now, I believe they are calcium disodium edta, as you mention. I feel they have helped enormously and haven't had any problems of substance with them.

Sometimes after being off for a brief period, and then having a lot of heavy metals to deal with, and starting up, the first one getting back on them, the first night would be a bit rough, a bit wired, a bit difficult to sleep. No big deal in the big scheme of things. That's probably the worst I've experienced from them.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

MichaelT...

Thank you for letting me know about your experience with Detoxamin. This is, in fact, the product that I am now using.

I was definitely nervous about using it (it's part of my metals detox protocol), but, now that I have one night's application under my belt, I feel much more comfortable going forward.

It's great to hear that it caused you no major problems.

If anything- I am now feeling a bit relieved having just begun to rid my body of the nasty metals.

Well, again, thanks so very much for your kind help!

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to say that I took them on a 14 day cycle of 3 nights on, followed by 11 nights without. Glad you have managed your first night fairly OK!
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement