LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone ever dealt with an infection in the parotid gland? (Need help please.)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone ever dealt with an infection in the parotid gland? (Need help please.)
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had major discomfort in my left ear/jaw/cheek area for over 2 years. It had escalated after some dental work, and has not calmed down since. It is an awful, gnawing sensation. It feels like a major infection.

I initially thought it was a jaw infection and went for many rounds of ozone injections. One time, after the injections, pus started to come out of that area way in the back left corner of my mouth. The dentist had never seen anything like it. It continued to leak out for about a week and a half (all the while I was on clindamycin). But the issue never resolved.

Then I went to 2 ENTs. Got no help there.

Now after researching on my own, I feel certain it is the parotid gland. This is fairly common in Sjogren's patients. Although my test for Sjogrens has never come back positive, I have the symptom of a dreadfully dry mouth (only during sleep though for me, but it's just awful).

It's possible to have a blockage or stone.

Oil pulling helps to a degree. But I need help on where I can go to get this properly taken care of. It has been festering way too long.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know Lyme gave me Sjogren's. You might want to find a discussion board for Sjogren's in order to get some feedback that will help you.

A negative test for SJS is fairly common.

Blessings.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lymetoo. How do you manage symptoms?

Do you have problems with your parotid/salivary glands?

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, Have you tried Biotene? I had some on hand for my mother when I got a bad cold and became an obligate mouth breather. I used the gum and the rinse and it was very helpful in keeping my mouth liquid and not dry. I think you have a blocked gland and may need some kind of x-ray of the area. The doctors should be able to palpitate the salivary glands to check and see if they are blocked.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otter - that's funny, I just bought the Biotene mouth wash yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised to see an ad for it. I didn't realize there was a product out to help with this type of thing.

I haven't used it long enough, but I think it may helped a little last night.

Thanks.

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, get tested for the various anti meds possible, including MMS. MMS is very effective inside the mouth getting at infections. There is plenty of evidence for that. Tooth decay, loose teeth all caused by infection is healing within days. Rinsing mouth, brushing teeth with activated MMS. Costs pennies. Google. Or check with some people on Genesis Forum.

Brief phone consults with ART doctors go a long way. But in any case I would get tested with ART for the correct agent. That alone will tell you quite a bit.

Good luck and thinking of you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Thank you GiGi. I have been to my ART doc regularly for the last year. He has been trying to help, but we're not there yet. It's interesting how new things get revealed as the layers of the onion peel back. This last time he picked up on Mycoplasma. He has me taking 'My' Rizol from BioPure.

I am going to order the MMS. Even if I just start with the mouth rinsing. I am also interested in using it further once I get thru the next several weeks that we have lined up of parasite meds.

As always, thanks.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Interestingly, I had an appt with my local LLMD, who is wonderful. When talking about this, she said she understands the infection behind Sjogren's is Mycoplasma.

I think this is what I am experiencing. And interesting that this is the infection my ART practitioner picked up on 2 weeks ago.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy N.:

Thanks Lymetoo. How do you manage symptoms?

Do you have problems with your parotid/salivary glands?

-
So far I have not needed extra meds. I've become very med-sensitive and feel it's best to stay away from them.

I have dry mouth, but not real bad. My parotid is OK too. My eyes are the worst.

I have tried approaching it with organic foods and healthy chemical free eating. Also, my SJS is worse when my yeast is bad, so I try to keep a handle on that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infections can cause dry mouth.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement