LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone tried Acupuncture Meridian Assessment??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone tried Acupuncture Meridian Assessment??
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this done today and the doctor assured me it doesn't have side effects or cause die off but I am feeling a bit weird after the session.

Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?

Would love any feedback!!

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could just be me being kinda panicky too. I am always a bit nervous when it comes to something new.

But it seems like constant pressure on acupuncture points could have some effect. I have noticed my sinuses draining like crazy since I left.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Just going to an appointment can be very stressful on the body. Your mind was very busy, too.

I've had this technique done many times and never had any uneasy effects but did feel exhausted just from the whole experience of just preparing, getting there, being there, getting home, etc.

There is no die off as there was no direct treatment as if it had been a rife. "Energy" of certain acupuncture points was simply measured from you by the computer.

Some of these machines can also perform certain treatments but that is usually not in the first discovery appointment.

Even if so, I always found this a very centering experience. Never any bad effects. I did this every 3 weeks for 5 years, along with herbs that I learned later were not specific at all for lyme (with a ND who was not at all LL as he had claimed so it was all a waste -- hope your ND is very LL).

If you are very EMF sensitive, there could a little effect but my guess is it's your body gearing down after the excitement.

Be sure to rest and eat well tonight. Maybe a gentle stroll around the block but otherwise, take it easy. Avoid TV that might be too stimulating, too.

Drink water.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
The pressing the dull "needle" onto certain pressure / acupuncture points could have some effect, as you wonder. Circulation could be improved from acupressure.

And, I recall that sometimes that would hurt a bit. That can then trigger an endocrine response and that could have one feeling a bit odd later from the stress hormones, I suppose.

Some push harder than others (I've have probably 4 or 5 different NDs do this and only one pressed so hard it hurt).

Even when I had both assessment and treatment every 3 weeks for 5 years, I never felt bad from this technique - that was clear to me - and lyme was never treated by that machine, it was just a balancing treatment.

But the trip (even just 20 miles round trip) really wore me out.

Good thing if your sinuses are draining. Be sure to avoid all gluten and all dairy if you have sinus issues (that helps me the most).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Thanks Keeble! I am feeling a bit better now.
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My entire family has been getting EDS testing done for years and I find it so helpful with figuring out which infections you have and what kills them. I believe that it is actually giving you a very small "treatment" when you are testing for that organism's frequencies in the meridian in the way a rife treatment hits the frequencies of that organism. That is why you may have felt a bit tired or dizzy. I have actually purchased an EDS machine to heal my family and it has really helped since I am able to use it as a "treatment" as well as a diagnostic tool.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
tick battler,

Do you have a link for the exact machine you have? I'd love to know if it has a sweep mode or if you'd have to know which infection to assess first.

Can it also help determine any nutrient deficiencies?

Might this be something that should go with the Rife links set if it's similar or could be a good tool to use in addition?
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigimac .. your mailbox is full

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all -

I just posted about the Meridian Stress Assessment system earlier last week. I am a little confused.

I just went to a ND doctor about a month ago who did this MSA with me. He bases his entire treatment protocol on this test; however, the test itself was not a form of treatment in anyway.

It was my understanding that the meridian stress assessment was a diagnostic tool to assist in uncovering infections and nutritional deficiencies.

He fashions his treatment based on this testing for each individual. He uses it as a guide to assist him in knowing whether he is irradicating infections or not.

He does his entire treatment plan very differently compared to most LLMD's and he doesn't call himself an LLMD.

He sent me home with about 5 or 6 supplements for adrenal glands, immune system dysfunction, EBV as well as other stuff.

When I had the test, I only had the test done so I knew what infections that I was actually fighting instead of being in the dark and shooting at an unknown target. This assessment gave me peace of mind; however, still leery about it since it is so different.

He told me based on my MSA results that my main infections that I was fighting is mycoplasma and babesia. The mycoplasma especially was interesting to me because I had not given him the test results for mycoplasma pneumonia as I forgot to bring it in to his office.

Additionally, the mycoplasma pneumonia was tested last year and then again this year through blood work which showed an increase in the infection not a decrease.

I am not yet convinced that this test is able to do what is promised, but it is interesting that this test confirmed infections that I had come up positive in blood work.

If you have had good results with this testing and felt it was beneficial to your healing from infections, please let me know.

I've been praying about this and definitely would like to know what other people have experienced with this form of testing.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keebler - my machine is actually an older, less popular model but I purchased it because I am familiar with it and it is the same one my EDS practitioner has. There is no sweep mode but you can rife for the particular infections found, once they are saved in the computer. The main purpose of the machine, however is for diagnostic use and then for creation of remedies with the frequencies of the infections imprinted in them.

betty1939 - these machines are very accurate - more so than blood tests in my opinion! However, the accuracy depends on the practitioner's skill since some machines require good technique to get accurate readings. Unfortunately, I am not yet confident in my readings on my machine since I have not had much time to practice my technique. However, my EDS practitioner is very, very accurate and has matched our bloodwork (when she doesn't know what the blood work said).

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

betty - one more thing - what supplement did he give you for babesia? It is not easy to clear so next time you go, you might want to ask him to test Agrisept-L (a brand of GSE) which we have found to be effective for babesia. You can get it on Ebay for around $20. You can actually bring in anything and he should be able to test it on the infections he finds. If he is not an LLMD, you may have a hard time clearing the lyme/coinfections since they are tricky and may require some expertise.

tickbattler

betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Tickbattler -

I feel so much more at peace about this test and this doctor using it to guide his protocol. He doesn't call himself a LLMD, but he treats a lot of lyme disease cases.

I am not on the typical treatment for babesia (mepron or malarone)and actually I am not really sure which of my natural products are for treating the babs. I didn't ask any questions about the result of the MSA test either. This next appt I plan to ask more questions.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Betty are u doing any homeopathic supps. I was given homeopathic remedies along with regular supps but I know nothing about the homeo stuff. Kinda unsure about it.
tick battler
Member # 21113

Our practitioner uses homeopathic drops which she imprints with the frequencies of the virus, bacteria, fungus or parasite that she finds. It does work, but it is a slow and gradual process. We also can use the drops to clear chemicals and radiation from the body if they are imprinted with the proper frequencies. These drops can also be made for seasonal allergies and do work well if they are imprinted with the correct allergens for your body.

We like to bring in our protocols and test them against specific things to make sure they are killing whatever you are trying to kill.

tickbattler

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement