LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Which mail order supp site does NOT put double hold on card?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which mail order supp site does NOT put double hold on card?
treeinatree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38613

Icon 5 posted      Profile for treeinatree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Vitacost, but they have a policy of putting a hold on your credit or debit card for double the purchase amount. Then, they keep the hold on for several days after the product has shipped. Since I use debit, this is unworkable for me. Is there a comparable site that does not do this?
Tree

Posts: 146 | From South | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know they did this. Wonder why.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used them for about 10 yrs and never had that happen. Call them.

Try Swanson's. I also use them. They have the NOW brand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has never happened when I order from them.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I've also used them regularily for many years and never had that happened.

I assume you've talked to VitaCost but have no explanation?

By chance, have you double clicked or held pressure on a key just a second too long when that final order purchase command is made?

You might call your bank and see if it's happening from within the bank.

You could also switch your payment method to go through PayPal as the check out procedure may be just different enough to avoid whatever is the glitch for you, your computer or whatever.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That only happens once in a while and I can't tell you why it happens. I have called them and after three days one of the charges drops, but it doesn't happen every time I order and I do order monthly.

They know it happens and it is coming from them. They authorize the charge when you purchase and then charge when they ship and sometimes that time frame causes a hold on one of the charges.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Someone is making a mistake then. What they are doing is illegal and the company supervisors may not even know about it.

Best to talk to the very top person you can connect with there. I've not had to do this with them but have resolved some issues with - or questions from - other companies this way:

Find out their physical location and web search for the actual phone number for that location with a regular area code. Call THAT number and ask for the dept. head of billing. Try to avoid "customer service" and go straight to billing if at all possible.

Hold out for a supervisor, at the least. Don't even tell the person who answers the phone the whole issue for you may get derailed.

When you find the right person with the proper authority, tell them when that happens, it is illegal - though you are sure it's a mistake somewhere in the system and they should correct it ASAP.

In the meantime, I suggest paying only through PayPal. I find that much easier, much clearer.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
RESTAURANTS often will hold a "tip" figure on your card even if you pay the tip in cash. That caused my account to bounce.

As they run the card through for the dinner to create a bill for you to sign, they do not know you will tip in cash and put a hold on a generous amount for a tip. But you don't see that on the bill.

That will not clear off until the real figure is processed days later.

Other places that suggest or require gratuities may also do this. It is legal. Should not be but it is.

Communicate prior to the running of the card.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I like to go right through my bank account. Works out so nicely. Always very easy (after the initial learning about how this all works).

https://www.paypal.com/home

PayPal

You can link your bank account, debit, and credit cards to your PayPal account.
-

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have never had a problem with vitacost doing this.

Maybe you could use the site ebillme.com -- that charges the purchase to your bank account or debit card.

Also should be using extrabux.com if ordering from vitacost. You can get a 6% rebate on your purchases that way.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other places do it too. This is not isolated. Some other places I shop online do it too.

Extrabux and Ebates are both good. Sometimes the discount is more for Ebates. You just have to check them both.

By the way, I wouldn't trust PayPal. Someone got charged two good size charges through my Paypal account and Paypal let them hit my account twice before they would do anything.

I had to close a checking and cc account to stop everything.

I will never use them again and I use to sell on Ebay all the time and use them.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement