LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feeling WEIRD after taking a heavy metal detox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling WEIRD after taking a heavy metal detox
Jamers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I haven't officially been diagnosed with heavy metals and my tests were still under the normal range for Mercury and Arsenic. I decided to try Pectasol Detox Complete which is used for heavy metal chelation. Well........

It's the only new thing I have taken and I feel anything but normal.

I feel dizzy, tingly, vision disturbances and incredibly hot/sweaty. Not sure what is happening or if this is normal??? Strangely, these are my remaining symptoms, hmmmm. I thought it was Babesia though.

Has anyone else experience this?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And trembly/shaky

--------------------

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused, so you also had these symptoms prior to trying pectasol?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers.. your mailbox is full.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Catgirl-I've had them to some small degree but never so suddenly or severe. I'm assuming this is from the Pectasol but I didn't know it could affect me this much.

Do metals create an increase in yeast when being chelated?

Lymetoo-should be good now.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they can, Jamers. I know Gigi always says yeast and metals go hand in hand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree yeast and metals go hand in hand as well as parasites and metals.

When I treat parasites and/or yeast I get a nasty metal taste in my mouth and other metal symptoms. LLMD said yeast and parasites have a symbiotic relationship w/ metals.

Are you taking a good binder as well?

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken it before and felt dizzy initially, and noticed it affected my vision, but it wore off. I would lower the dose.

Everything is tricky when you detox metals (no easy answers). Gigi would likely know the answer to this. Hopefully she will see this and respond. IMO, no one knows more about metals than her.

Pectasol pulls a tiny amount of minerals out on me, but much less than DMSA. Maybe it's upsetting your mineral balance. You have to take minerals when you detox metals. It's best to do this before you attempt to remove metals/toxins. And also, the next day after using a chelator.

Metals, parasites and yeast go hand in hand. Yeast is there to protect us from the metals. I usually need some probiotics after taking pectasol (about an hour later). Maybe you need another binder for the yeast.

Do you have any amagalms?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Are you taking high doses of probiotics?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jamers
Member # 28016

I was vibrating really badly all night. I think I had a huge release of yeast also.

desertwind-Yes, I am taking activated charcoal as a binder. I should be taking this like 4 times a day correct? what are your metal symptoms?

catgirl-I didn't know I was supposed to take minerals with Pectasol...what mineral product do you use? No, I don't have amagalms at all!

Lymetoo-yes, I take probiotics, lots! I know I have a yeast problem but haven't has success treating it and I've heard that can be from parasites/metals. Metals must be an issue for me after this.

--------------------

Jamers
Member # 28016

Is getting dental braces a bad idea if I'm going to chelate metals? I'm supposed to get them next week... Will they just make my metal issue worse?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good question! I don't know. May have no effect.

Be sure you watch your diet closely with the yeast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I'm not sure what the material is that the braces are made out of, so I'm not sure how it will impact your ability to detox metals.

You may not have to take minerals on pectasol, but I do. We are all different (I have different things going on). Pectasol only removes a minute amount of minerals on me. But if you're already low in certain minerals, then losing any more can impact you. Most lyme patients are nutrient deficient (minerals, etc). Do a search here on KPU/HPU to find out more about it. Gigi has lots of info here. It's more about what minerals you specifically need (what you're low on).

I use dmsa too, so I take some basic minerals (MinRX and another one-can't remember the name right now). But I got my minerals up before I started. Maybe that's why KPU/HPU wasn't showing at the time with me. Again, Gigi has much more info explaining this.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use apple pectin as a binder. Activated charcoal needs to be taken 4 hours away from meds and supplements. Apple pectin needs to be taken 2 hours away from meds and supplements.

Chlorella is a great binder, too. You can take your minerals with chlorella, but need to take any medications at least 2 hours away from it.

If Pectasol Detox is too harsh, perhaps try some diatemaceous earth instead. It will kill some parasites and yeast and bind the metals.

Best wishes.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers - the exact same thing happened to me after 1/2 scoop of regular Pectasol! It was like Babesia all over again! And I've been on CSM (which should be stronger) for months!

I just don't know anymore.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Catgirl-I think braces have nickel and some stainless steel in them. Thank you for the information on minerals, I think its a good idea for me to take them.

hiker53-Thanks for the information. I actually purchased DE for my garden to keep the bugs out. It was from the Feed store, is this the same stuff that humans can take? If so, how much do you take?

BoxerMom! Yes, this is what happened like immediately! Hot/sweaty, dizzy, vibrating ect...Maybe since parasites and metals are linked there is actually something going on with both. I do feel like I've drawn out Babesia suddenly. I read that someone's sweats were gone after chelating...interesting. Maybe chelation makes parasites/babs more susceptable to the immune system.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Wow, it sounds like pectasol just stirs up your babs (and BoxerMom's too). I think the diatomaceous earth like Hiker suggested would be a good choice for you.

It's never a good idea to add more metals or even mix two metals in your mouth (read about it in a book: Whole Body Dentistry).

I've found that heavy metals/dentistry are something people have to discover on their own. It's kind of like chronic lyme, some people believe it's an issue, some people don't. The same with metals in the mouth. There's a lot to it. The book above is a good place to start.

Also, absolutely everything Gigi has posted about metals is spot on. Gigi is so valuable here (we are lucky to have her).

--------------------

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not convinced it's Babs, per se. I think it triggers the same inflammatory pathway(s) as Babs, hence the symptoms.

And this pathway has a hair trigger in me. Maybe TNF-alpha.

I don't think it makes sense to stimulate an inflammatory pathway that is already such a problem for me. I'll go back to DE. It never gives me this reaction.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Thanks for the information Catgirl!

Boxermom-I don't know if it is Babs or heavy metals for me. I do have these symptoms to a much milder degree left over so I'm not sure if its stimulating as much as it is herxing. Isn't DE a binder, not chelator?

--------------------

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Yeah. I'm not trying to chelate metals, just bind neurotoxins.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Jamers
Member # 28016

I wonder if metals are the issue, I feel awful still and I think I need to back off on the Pectasol for a bit. I'm going to ask my LLMD about KPU also.

I honestly wonder if vaccines poisoned me because this whole lyme thing started when I got vaccinated for nursing school. I felt like I do right now from chelating. What a mess!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Jamers.. You have to buy food grade DE. I bought some thru Amazon.

You are spot on about vaccines! Some people just can't tolerate them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jamers
Member # 28016

Thanks Lymetoo!! I have the farm animal kind. I will check into the food grade. Yes, I really regret those vaccines now. A naturopath I spoke with a long time ago told me to treat for parasites initially. Her reasoning was that the vaccines gave me parasites and lyme.

I know parasites and metals are connected but how? My understanding is, if you have parasites they harbor metals so you then have a heavy metal problem?

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Where is Gigi? She could help you with this. I heard a rumor that she was been banned. I really hope this is not true. It would be a shame because she is IMO extremely valuable to anyone who wants info on Lymenet. She stuck her neck out repeatedly to help us all. I've progressed because of her.

--------------------

Jamers
Member # 28016

Good question! I've been waiting for her to chime in so I didn't have to bombard her with questions. I hope she wasn't banned!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement